ADVERTISEMENT

Any suggestions how I can get my novel (Gauntlet Golf) turned into a movie?

Your iphone takes great video. Have at it... why pay the money for a leading man, when you're McNutt?

A producer told a friend of mine that he wanted to turn it into a movie. Unfortunately, he was in the process of producing a movie at that time. It was about nine months ago. My guess is the coronavirus is a factor.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be the main character in the movie because he is considerably taller and younger than me. My dentist buddy also is in it, by the way. I've jokingly told him that Danny Devito will play him in the movie.

Try overdosing on some trashy drug or getting shot...that always makes rappers more famous and gets their shitty never released songs onto the airwaves all the sudden...

Not that I have any experience in this field, but if you are truly serious, the first thing you need to do is go out and find a good screenwriter. Supposedly, writing for TV / Movies is significantly harder than writing for books (and if the current state of TV is any indication, there are still a lot of people that suck at it). Paring down a novel to even a long movie takes a lot of time and consideration, and you are better off getting an unbiased screenwriter to help figure out what parts to keep and what is just filler.
Once a script is put together and edited a bazillion times, then you have to go find a studio willing to even listen to you. Some Indie studios are willing to listen to you and give you 5 minutes to pitch your concept. Even then though, it's a hard sell.

Not that I have any experience in this field, but if you are truly serious, the first thing you need to do is go out and find a good screenwriter. Supposedly, writing for TV / Movies is significantly harder than writing for books (and if the current state of TV is any indication, there are still a lot of people that suck at it). Paring down a novel to even a long movie takes a lot of time and consideration, and you are better off getting an unbiased screenwriter to help figure out what parts to keep and what is just filler.
Once a script is put together and edited a bazillion times, then you have to go find a studio willing to even listen to you. Some Indie studios are willing to listen to you and give you 5 minutes to pitch your concept. Even then though, it's a hard sell.

ESPN almost did it about 10 years ago and was going to fly me to New York City to meet with its executives. At the last minute, however, one of its employees contacted me and said ESPN had decided to do documentaries instead. That was disappointing to say the least.

ESPN almost did it about 10 years ago and was going to fly me to New York City to meet with its executives. At the last minute, however, one of its employees contacted me and said ESPN had decided to do documentaries instead. That was disappointing to say the least.
On the Ocho?

Reactions: Cavanagh
So whats Gauntlet Golf all about? The friendship and fun adventures of four men together? Putt-putt golf?
This is the right question. If he's going to pitch this novel to a producer, he's going to have to develop a 30-second elevator pitch about why a producer would be interested enough to read a synopsis of the novel and consider spending any time on it, over all the other thousands of submissions they receive.
@McNutt, you got to get you game on if you want to sell this...

Reactions: sglowrider
Anyone watch Holey Moley? I’m intrigued.

It is about a guy who was intentionally injured by two opponents during the state basketball tournament his senior year. His university still honored his four-year scholarship even though he was unable to play basketball in college.

He eventually returns to his home town and begins representing office equipment. One of his competitors is one of the two guys who intentionally injured him in the state tournament years earlier. He had 22 points with about two minutes remaining in the second quarter when they injured his knee, by the way.

The owner of the good guy's dealership eventually buys the dealership where the bad guy works and the two of them begin working for the same company. To make matters even worse, the bad guy joins the good guy's country club.

Eventually, one of them creates a secret contract that states the one who does the worst in the club championship later that summer will resign from their company. They both sign it and the good guy begins neglecting his family, church and job so he can focus on his golf game. He is obsessed with beating his nemesis.

The good guy's golf game improves drastically and he winds up beating his nemesis to win the club championship. Thus, the bad guy resigns from the dealership.

One day the good guy and his golden retriever (therapy dog) are conducting their routine visit to the local hospital and he runs into a priest. The priest appears somewhat depressed and they begin chatting with each other while the priest pets the golden retriever.

The good guy accompanies the priest when he goes in to see a gentleman who had recently suffered a heart attack. Ironically, it was the bad guy. Even more ironically, the priest is the bad guy's illegitimate son.

The bad guy, who was jobless, and good guy make amends. The good guy also helps him find a job.

It's different. It's not harder.

It is about a guy who was intentionally injured by two opponents during the state basketball tournament his senior year. His university still honored his four-year scholarship even though he was unable to play basketball in college.

He eventually returns to his home town and begins representing office equipment. One of his competitors is one of the two guys who intentionally injured him in the state tournament years earlier. He had 22 points with about two minutes remaining in the second quarter when they injured his knee, by the way.

The owner of the good guy's dealership eventually buys the dealership where the bad guy works and the two of them begin working for the same company. To make matters even worse, the bad guy joins the good guy's country club.

Eventually, one of them creates a secret contract that states the one who does the worst in the club championship later that summer will resign from their company. They both sign it and the good guy begins neglecting his family, church and job so he can focus on his golf game. He is obsessed with beating his nemesis.

The good guy's golf game improves drastically and he winds up beating his nemesis to win the club championship. Thus, the bad guy resigns from the dealership.

One day the good guy and his golden retriever (therapy dog) are conducting their routine visit to the local hospital and he runs into a priest. The priest appears somewhat depressed and they begin chatting with each other while the priest pets the golden retriever.

The good guy accompanies the priest when he goes in to see a gentleman who had recently suffered a heart attack. Ironically, it was the bad guy. Even more ironically, the priest is the bad guy's illegitimate son.

The bad guy, who was jobless, and good guy make amends. The good guy also helps him find a job.
GTFO.

Reactions: kkott and mike41703

There are a few things that you need to insert or add meat to -- hope, redemption, passion:

1. You need a name for this movie: I, McNutt?

2. Where's the sex? Good boy (call him Birdie) & bad boy (Bogey) in the shower?
I am assuming -- unless you add a twist and throw in the priest but that would be too cliche?
So over the copier machine and Good boy and then suffers a fractured penis? Its one of the more common positions/causes of that dreaded injury and my biggest fear in life personally. I just refuse to do certain positions nowadays as a result. You need to leverage on some fears that people can relate to.

3. There has to be closure with the priest. You cant have a story with the bastard get away with things (ie illegit child aka bad boy) and get a mulligan in life?
Have Gym Jordan as a guest appearance?

4. You need some product placements in this docu-movie to lower the production costs.

5. Offer hope and redemption. Birdie decides to sponsor Bogey's education to get his dream job. Cut to eight years later and little older looking Birdie is so proud; eyes swelling..... clapping away at his friend's graduation... from dental school.

Btw. I didn't realise you knew VPN?

There are a few things that you need to insert or add meat to -- hope, redemption, passion:

I am assuming -- unless you add a twist and throw in the priest but that would be too cliche?
So over the copier machine and Good boy and then suffers a fractured penis? Its one of the more common positions/causes of that dreaded injury and my biggest fear in life personally. I just refuse to do certain positions nowadays as a result. You need to leverage on some fears that people can relate to.

3. There has to be closure with the priest. You cant have a story with the bastard get away with things (ie illegit child aka bad boy) and get a mulligan in life?

4. You need some product placements in this docu-movie to lower the production costs.

5. Offer hope and redemption. Birdie decides to sponsor Bogey's education to get his dream job. Cut to eight years later and little older looking Birdie is so proud; eyes swelling..... clapping away at his friend's graduation... from dental school.

Thank you for the advice. Do you mind if I ask who is VPN?

Hey - phuck em all - I was hooked at 22 points in the 2nd quarter w time still remaining...

Best output Ive seen since ‘TeenWolf’

Make a run at it...at your age...you may only have 30-35 years left...

edited for fat thumb spelling errors, not content

Last edited:
This is the right question. If he's going to pitch this novel to a producer, he's going to have to develop a 30-second elevator pitch about why a producer would be interested enough to read a synopsis of the novel and consider spending any time on it, over all the other thousands of submissions they receive.
@McNutt, you got to get you game on if you want to sell this...
You literally have a better chance at winning the lottery than actually getting a screenplay bought let alone it being made into a movie.

If someone actually told him to try and make it a movie, they are laughing their asses off ..

Good grief, enough with the fractured penis!

I think the world needs to see this movie right now, it has a cathartic vibe to it. How much will it take to get it done? Can the Priest be a nun, but a nun that was previously a priest...if you know what i mean?

Modern-day love story of showing that love knows bound. Where does the dentist fit in all of this?

Modern-day love story of showing that love knows bound. Where does the dentist fit in all of this?
Thank you for asking. It is revealed at the end, that the dentist had been a ghost the whole movie and actually had died a couple years ago from a car accident. If that sounds familiar....it shouldn't, because i just made it up right now.

Thank you for asking. It is revealed at the end, that the dentist had been a ghost the whole movie and actually had died a couple years ago from a car accident. If that sounds familiar....it shouldn't, because i just made it up right now.

Fantasy idea. I think we have a movie here. Alternative ending would be the dentist wakes up and he was still in high school.... And it was all just a nightmare of a dream. He rushed off to tell his best buddy about it.

(Eye of the tiger playing in the background.)

I'm the main character, but he plays a big role in the novel. We're both members of the same club and he devotes a great deal of time mentoring me so I will become a better golfer. Ironically, he is my caddie during the final round. In addition to being my caddie during that final round, he coaches me. On the last hole, I see a golf cart coming right at him and I tackle him to prevent him from getting hit by it. I reinjure my knee, but I still finish the last hole to win the club championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT