ADVERTISEMENT

Any suggestions how I can get my novel (Gauntlet Golf) turned into a movie?

I'm the main character, but he plays a big role in the novel. We're both members of the same club and he devotes a great deal of time mentoring me so I will become a better golfer. Ironically, he is my caddie during the final round. In addition to being my caddie during that final round, he coaches me. On the last hole, I see a golf cart coming right at him and I tackle him to prevent him from getting hit by it. I reinjure my knee, but I still finish the last hole to win the club championship.
I figured you’d play the priest...

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I'm the main character, but he plays a big role in the novel. We're both members of the same club and he devotes a great deal of time mentoring me so I will become a better golfer. Ironically, he is my caddie during the final round. In addition to being my caddie during that final round, he coaches me. On the last hole, I see a golf cart coming right at him and I tackle him to prevent him from getting hit by it. I reinjure my knee, but I still finish the last hole to win the club championship.

So many metaphors and double entendres in one gulp.

Group write this out on google doc! NC17 and R rated versions.

May have to change the name first though. Gauntlet Golf, what does it even mean? Fistful of Golf?

When he mentors you, does he stand behind you and wrap his strong arms around your quivering body as he grabs your club with both hands?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
When he mentors you, does he stand behind you and wrap his strong arms around your quivering body as he grabs your club with both hands?

Under that intense gaze, he flubs his shot. Embarrassed, he asks for a mulligan but they go again.

Reactions: kkott
So many metaphors and double entendres in one gulp.

Group write this out on google doc! NC17 and R rated versions.

May have to change the name first though. Gauntlet Golf, what does it even mean? Fistful of Golf?

When somebody throws down the gauntlet, he is challenging his opponent. I believe the knights were the first to do it.

He never has really mentored me in golf, but he has been outstanding at motivating me. We have known each other for over 55 years. We first met in third grade, played basketball together for years and were suite mates our freshman year at IU. Just in case you're not familiar with that term, we lived next door to each other on Bocobo One (McNutt Quad) and there was a phone between our rooms. In other words, we could see into each other's rooms if we had both doors of the phone box open.

My girlfriend (now my wife of almost 44 years), who was a junior in high school at the time, came to visit me one Saturday my freshman year at IU. My dentist buddy was still asleep on his waterbed, so we persuaded her to get in bed with him. His roommate, who also graduated from high school with us, opened the door to his room and a bunch of us watched through the phone box as she got on his waterbed.

A few seconds later, he woke up and saw her in bed with him. He had a weird look on his face because he realized she was my girlfriend. We all began laughing and he then realized we had pranked him.

He never has really mentored me in golf, but he has been outstanding at motivating me. We have known each other for over 55 years. We first met in third grade, played basketball together for years and were suite mates our freshman year at IU. Just in case you're not familiar with that term, we lived next door to each other on Bocobo One (McNutt Quad) and there was a phone between our rooms. In other words, we could see into each other's rooms if we had both doors of the phone box open.

My girlfriend (now my wife of almost 44 years), who was a junior in high school at the time, came to visit me one Saturday my freshman year at IU. My dentist buddy was still asleep on his waterbed, so we persuaded her to get in bed with him. His roommate, who also graduated from high school with us, opened the door to his room and a bunch of us watched through the phone box as she got on his waterbed.

A few seconds later, he woke up and saw her in bed with him. He had a weird look on his face because he realized she was my girlfriend. We all began laughing and he then realized we had pranked him.

...and thus, the cuckolding of McNutt began!

all I read was "sweet mate!"

McNutt -- if I create a google doc everyone here can share, will you start the beginning and then we can all contribute?
What you have right now is barely a 10minutes story.

ADVERTISEMENT