ADVERTISEMENT

Any News on Rob?

Zeester

Freshman
May 3, 2018
He was hobbling pretty bad there at the end - any word on aggravating his injury? Would be a shame as he played by far and away IMO his best game this year.

He hurt it during the Carton play where carton lost then ball on a fast break. My guess is he’s out for a few games.

He was hobbling pretty bad there at the end - any word on aggravating his injury? Would be a shame as he played by far and away IMO his best game this year.
Wondering the same. No confirmed information update has surfaced that I know of. I guess that since the coaching staff hasn't said anything, Phin will play.

It seems like a nagging injury that will get tweaked throughout the year. I would expect he will rest it and be a game time decision. Hopefully he is available enough to settle the team down if they start going off the rails.

I did not notice it at the time......could you tell what part of the body appeared to be affected?

I did not notice it at the time......could you tell what part of the body appeared to be affected?
It was the hip or his side. I'v e seen him hold his stomach area just above his trunks, but this bothered him more. I can't remember if he came back in the game. Was he in at the end of the game? I thought is was Al and Devonte.

It was the hip or his side. I'v e seen him hold his stomach area just above his trunks, but this bothered him more. I can't remember if he came back in the game. Was he in at the end of the game? I thought is was Al and Devonte.

Yes, i think he was in there at the end.........

I think he has a hernia and will probably have surgery at the end of the season.

My guess. He got the hernia lifting weights. I’ve had buddies do it.

Yes, i think he was in there at the end.........
He must be able to play through it then. It probably won't get any better. Pop the Motrin and whatever else he can legally take.

I remember a Nurse Practitioner mom on my daughter's team that used to advise us on how many Motrin or other pills were safe. I would imagine our players are on a pill count management by Tim Garl and the medical staff.

He must be able to play through it then. It probably won't get any better. Pop the Motrin and whatever else he can legally take.

I remember a Nurse Practitioner mom on my daughter's team that used to advise us on how many Motrin or other pills were safe. I would imagine our players are on a pill count management by Tim Garl and the medical staff.
Just rub a little dirt on it and send him back in. Kids these days. Sheesh.

No, Rob went back in the game from 1:40 to 0:30. Didn't look very comfortable, but he was on the floor.

He came back in with 4 min to go but couldn't move. Archie took him out right away and that was it.

Looked like he kept holding his right hip to me. Not sure if that was new or simply an "add on" to the previous abdominal issue. I'd give about anything for this guy to get 100% healthy. I've said all along he's pretty much the most important piece of this year's puzzle. He might've been last year too.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Oh, Phinisee is definitely a good player. No doubt about that. We just need him healthy. This guy is Cassius Winston someday.

Injured lifting weights?
Too much weight training and not enough basketball training?

Injured lifting weights?
Too much weight training and not enough basketball training?
I suppose if there is speculation that he was injured lifting weights, it's only a small additional step to speculate on the other two points as well.

When Rob asked to come out after the play, Archie stopped him on the way to the bench. He didn’t seem sympathetic and quickly put him back in the game. Rob wasn’t moving well and he took him back out. I thought Archie was trying to get him to play through it. No way to know for sure. Just my interpretation of what I watched.

Kid can’t seem to catch a break. Seemed like he was just beginning to get back in a groove, and . Hope he can finish the season reasonably healthy. His absence will be a big problem for this team.

Seems like he's made of straw .
Geez ..Let's go..We have games to win.
We don't have one junk yard dog on this team.
One kid whose tuff as nails ..A Coverdale type .

Seems like he's made of straw .
Geez ..Let's go..We have games to win.
We don't have one junk yard dog on this team.
One kid whose tuff as nails ..A Coverdale type .
Can Peyton Ramsey play PG? Kid is tough as nails!

Still no scoop on Rob?
We will know when the team comes out for warmups tonight. Hopefully he isn't wearing the dreaded grey sweats!

This will be a fired up crowd in a small gym. We should be excited for an opportunity to beat a team on the road and move up in the B1G standings while pushing someone down a notch.

We will know when the team comes out for warmups tonight. Hopefully he isn't wearing the dreaded grey sweats!

This will be a fired up crowd in a small gym. We should be excited for an opportunity to beat a team on the road and move up in the B1G standings while pushing someone down a notch.

IU fans travel as well as any. Hopefully there will be a contingent of IU fans at this one.

"big win" OMG you're supposed to win at home in this conference.
So IF the Hoosiers lose tonight then you will come here and say “They should have lost since it was a road game.”
Do you not see how you just type garbage that contradicts yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT