ADVERTISEMENT

Any detours off 37 south to Btown?

tbone6004

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2004
On my way to the game and Google maps said to take Burton Lane which is where the Starbucks is in Martinsville.It said to take Burton Lane east and then head north eventually getting you back to 37 South.
However, there is a handmade sign right when you get off 37 that says there is no access to get back on 37 South from that road. The sign scared us off so we went back to 37 South and we are still on our way.

Did anyone else take the Burton Lane route? Are there any good detours to avoid the mess between Martinsville and Bloomington?

You need to download the waze ap. As far as I know you can still take the back roads east of 37 back through the hills and end up on Dunn Road. Getting to the game was a nightmare, and then it took 20 minutes to get through security. And then a nightmare to watch. Not a fun night.

Reactions: tbone6004
You need to download the waze ap. As far as I know you can still take the back roads east of 37 back through the hills and end up on Dunn Road. Getting to the game was a nightmare, and then it took 20 minutes to get through security. And then a nightmare to watch. Not a fun night.
You got that right about the game last night. I turned it off with eight min to go. I never leave early if I attend a game and I watch it the whole way through when it is on the screen. IU absolutely had no real answer last night.

Took me 3 hours from north side of Indy to sitting in my seat. Hopefully they figure security out because that was ridiculous.
I'm not sure what the best route is. I Took 67>231>46 but it backed up in Spencer. Gosport looked backed up trying to get onto 46. I'm afraid of sitting on 37 and unable to get out of that. The Cathedral football team to 65 to 46 and made it BSHS in about 2 hours. That may be the best option from Indy.

I finally bit on the waze prompt to turn east on 252. Took like Gap to Anderson through BFE to Griffey/Dunn. Would not want to do that after dark but it easily saved 15 minutes.

Reactions: snowling
I finally bit on the waze prompt to turn east on 252. Took like Gap to Anderson through BFE to Griffey/Dunn. Would not want to do that after dark but it easily saved 15 minutes.
Yes, I do that when weather is nice and it's light. Won't do it in the dark.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT