ADVERTISEMENT

Any body else wishing this season was over like the past few years? This is getting old!

no.

don't wish your life away not being able to enjoy the present.

odds say we will shoot better.

while he hasn't refound his game yet, Hunter is moving noticably better than he was a month ago.

Damezi and Hunter are both shooting way too quick off the catch. that's not who they are..

they both need to take an extra breath to set themselves before shooting, even if it means passing up a shot here and there.

they have the quickest releases on the team, especially Damezi, so they can take an extra split second to set themselves first from outside.

Armaan will be even better by the end of this yr, and he's played some solid minutes already.

if we can get just one player to really up his shooting, that will make a difference.

don't assume we can't be better by yr end.

Last edited:
no.

while he hasn't refound his game yet, Hunter is moving noticably better than he was a month ago.

Damezi and Hunter are both shooting way too quick off the catch. that's not who they are..

they both need to take an extra breath to set themselves before shooting, even if it means passing up a shot here and there.

they have the quickest releases on the team, especially Damezi, so they can take an extra split second to set themselves first from outside.

Armaan will be even better by the end of this yr, and he's played some solid minutes already.

if we can get just one player to really up his shooting, that will make a difference.

Offense is terrible no hope till change

This seems like the normal IU season. It’s really what this program is at this stage. No better than a 6th place finish. It may be getting old but it’s really kind of where the program sits in the pecking order. We cannot recruit well. We cannot coach well. Crowds still come out, so they do have support. You kind of expect it anymore from IU, until they prove otherwise they are a bubble team, that’s all they are.

no.

While the road games are depressing and the team doesn't perform as well as we wish, I sure am not giving up on them. I don't really give a damn when VDBear or Buffalo keep posting negative stuff. That either is their agenda or the aren't happy until others aren't happy. And that is more depressing than the team's performance.

I have faith in Archie Miller building and having IU at the top of the B1G. Others may think that any university only has to lay out lots of cash and voila we can hang banners again. Why not cheer for UK then or Duke?

This team needs a lot. Archie thought he had a PG...and he thought he had shooters...and he thought he would have a defense...but it hasn't happened. They need to learn to play through adversity. They had been making progress.

I say the season is not over. No B1G team walks on water this year. Make a couple outside shots and the game changes for IU. At least they are trying and they seem to be maturing...well most of the time.

No I'm not happy about our performances. Hell, I haven't been happy about IU basketball for years now. But once Phin gets that hernia operated on during the off season (if that is what it is)...and our shooters gain confidence...It will happen...IU will then compete at for the top of the B1G.

And VDBear then can go back to wearing gold and black on his shirt and his head...since that is what he loves.

There is no excuse for this feeling almost every year!
No but i just dont have much emotion anymore. Losing doesnt really upset at all anymore. Sad but this is the new iu normal these days.

I hate to admit it, but yes. I agree, it's a disgusting feeling, I want the days back where I'm totally lit in my living room, excited to watch Eric Gordon go ape shit on MSU! To me, that was the last time I can remember IU ball as it should be. Zeller years were good, but that team was the last I remember resembling what I grew up watching, IU kicking the shit out of the best of them

no.

Hunter may improve, IDK, but if you watch Damezi, even his highlights, his set and release is incredibly slow. So slow in fact, I'm surprised he's in D1 when he doesn't stand out on D, they must see some potential in him, so there's that hope or maybe they are as dumb as we think

While the road games are depressing and the team doesn't perform as well as we wish, I sure am not giving up on them. I don't really give a damn when VDBear or Buffalo keep posting negative stuff. That either is their agenda or the aren't happy until others aren't happy. And that is more depressing than the team's performance.

I have faith in Archie Miller building and having IU at the top of the B1G. Others may think that any university only has to lay out lots of cash and voila we can hang banners again. Why not cheer for UK then or Duke?

This team needs a lot. Archie thought he had a PG...and he thought he had shooters...and he thought he would have a defense...but it hasn't happened. They need to learn to play through adversity. They had been making progress.

I say the season is not over. No B1G team walks on water this year. Make a couple outside shots and the game changes for IU. At least they are trying and they seem to be maturing...well most of the time.

No I'm not happy about our performances. Hell, I haven't been happy about IU basketball for years now. But once Phin gets that hernia operated on during the off season (if that is what it is)...and our shooters gain confidence...It will happen...IU will then compete at for the top of the B1G.

And VDBear then can go back to wearing gold and black on his shirt and his head...since that is what he loves.

This right here is what is wrong with your response and defense of Archie, c'mon he f'n makes more money than anybody in this state to do guess what? Recruit good players and win f'n games, in 3 years he's basically been set for life by IU and we still suck, getting worse even. Time to cut bait … you words ...

"This team needs a lot. Archie thought he had a PG...and he thought he had shooters...and he thought he would have a defense...but it hasn't happened. They need to learn to play through adversity. They had been making progress.
"

No but i just dont have much emotion anymore. Losing doesnt really upset at all anymore. Sad but this is the new iu normal these days.

you don’t have emotions but are sad? Well, thanks for sharing your feelings about your non-emotions. Lol.

This right here is what is wrong with your response and defense of Archie, c'mon he f'n makes more money than anybody in this state to do guess what? Recruit good players and win f'n games, in 3 years he's basically been set for life by IU and we still suck, getting worse even. Time to cut bait … you words ...

"This team needs a lot. Archie thought he had a PG...and he thought he had shooters...and he thought he would have a defense...but it hasn't happened. They need to learn to play through adversity. They had been making progress.
"

getting worse? lol. IU is not great or where it needs to be but that has nothing to do with you being an emotional wreck. Lolzzz

Were you perhaps one of the gentlemen in a past life who rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic?

I admire your optimism but it is in no way grounded in any source of reality.

If Phin gets his hernia operated on we’ll suddenly perform? Why do you specifically “believe” Archie will have IU “at the top” and “competing for titles?”

is that just a hope or something that has been concluded based on 2.5 years of results. If you look at the evidence, there is a more likely chance that they go the opposite direction.
I hope to hell you are right but it sure doesn’t inspire a lot confidence based on tangible evidence.

How exactly are the shooters going to gain cońfidence? Is that just a wish?

giphy.gif

I’m not a Purdue fan IU grad son is a freshman in Bloomington

No, because I don't feel like the season is lost. It may ultimately be lost, but until then I'll hope for the best outcome.

That said, I don't get as invested in the wins and losses as I once did.

The only way for fans to help is to quit going to games. Boycott everything. You can’t continue to buy a discretionary product while also complaining about its value. Quit going and things will change.

The only way for fans to help is to quit going to games. Boycott everything. You can’t continue to buy a discretionary product while also complaining about its value. Quit going and things will change.
Don’t think so/ people don’t go to football games and look how long they kept Lynch

This post further confirms you are an anti-IU troll. You always hope IU loses and you wish they weren't as popular as they are. Any claim that you're actually an IU fan is a nothing but a lie.

Did you fly it at half staff?
No. Someone die?

Incidentally, I think you mean upside down, which is the international sign of dire distress or emergency and usually applies to the national flag. Since I'm suffering no distress and there is no emergency the answer is still no.

I may be an “old guy” but I can tell you loyalty to a team still counts in fan “noise” at games, not on this ragtag board.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT