ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-Vax "Expert witness" testifies in Ohio Statehouse that Covid Vaccines make people magnets...oh, and 5G

Got my shot.

Don't care who else gets one or doesn't get one.

It's a choice between me and my physician, and the science is iffy enough the government doesn't get to control it.

Private employers can make me get one if I want to work for them - until an elected bunch of vote whores at the local, state or federal level pass a law to the contrary, or a court interprets an existing law to the contrary.

Mostly, people need to stop thinking they get to tell others how to live, and we need to get back to saying "please" and "thank you" and giving good customer service.

Thank you for your time, you racist Nazi bastages.

reagan.gif
Hope you feel okay after your shot, and don't feel any of the after effects.

I also hope the rest of your post is not a result of the shot. :)

1. You live in Chicago. 2.7 mil about 1/3 black. Off a 100,000 who gives a shit. Less than 25 percent vax (repubs ya think?) where YOU live yet you’re worrying about a Ohio Republican legislature. Why bc you want to blame repubs anywhere and ignore the failings of your own voters. Patently obvious.

2. Reading is fundamental. Never said a word about employees.

3. Businesses aren’t in business to turn away customers. Common sense
Do you have the genetic breakdown of these black people or are you just going by skin tone and curliness of hair?

Is TJD black or is he mixed? If he gets vaccinated does your super duper racial statistic enter him as black or mixed race. Why doesn't he qualify as white? How much black blood disqualifies him? 1/8? 1/4? 1/2?

Do you have the genetic breakdown of these black people or are you just going by skin tone and curliness of hair?

Is TJD black or is he mixed? If he gets vaccinated does your super duper racial statistic enter him as black or mixed race. Why doesn't he qualify as white? How much black blood disqualifies him? 1/8? 1/4? 1/2?
OMB - ever heard of it? is it new to you? it's not random selection and guesses. you're heavy on snark and light on knowledge - per usual

Last edited:
I think you give state legislatures too much credit. Staties are paid pennies and don’t attract the best and brightest. At best it’s a lilly pad for a federal-destined star but usually it’s a bunch of rubes that don’t want real jobs.

The woman in the video is clearly an idiot. But your obsession with the GOP while not even considering the BlueAnon dangers that lie below a surface that you can’t or won’t see makes you a non-serious person.
Wait - are you saying our current Congress is made up of the 'best and the brightest'? Because of pay?

The real problem is there are crazies everywhere but we tend to accept our crazies. Now part of that comes from what makes us who we are. There are studies (such as below) that mention conservatives value closure, order, and structure more than liberals. So crazies that overvalue those things seem more crazy to liberals than to conservatives. Liberals value fairness more, so crazies that overvalue fairness are seen as more crazy by conservatives and less by liberals.

"Liberals value fairness more"

What a load of horseshit.

It is more than a little disturbing because it shows that this kind of lunacy is becoming mainstream.

It's also disturbing that many/most Republicans don't simply repudiate this kind of stuff as sheer insanity. Instead, the default response is, "Yeah, but what about AOC and the crazies in the Dem Party?" First, law enforcement is not going to be defunded. It's a fringe position that has been summarily rejected by Dem leadership. Second, the people who make the "what about the crazies on the other side argument" can get back to me when the other side comes close to approaching the level of craziness of lizard people controlling the world, and Jewish Space Lasers causing wildfires in California.
You are so stupid - Your crazy is a 'fringe position', but a conservative crazy is conservative mainstream.

No wonder you're in a perpetual state of agitation.

"Liberals value fairness more"

What a load of horseshit.
I know, you want ALL virtues on the conservative side and none on the liberal side. I get that, your whole being is wrapped in being the perfect embodiment of humanity.

Here, conservatives are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, more fair, more concerned with social order, and anything else. Are you happy.

Or you can google it yourself, find the studies, and actually debate the point. But we both know that ain't going to happen.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
I know, you want ALL virtues on the conservative side and none on the liberal side. I get that, your whole being is wrapped in being the perfect embodiment of humanity.

Here, conservatives are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, more fair, more concerned with social order, and anything else. Are you happy.

Or you can google it yourself, find the studies, and actually debate the point. But we both know that ain't going to happen.

Hilarious. You make an idiotic statement and now I'm accused of things I never said.

You can't acknowledge your statement was horseshit. That's OK - everyone else knows it.

No. But brighter than staties.
I don't think they're 'brighter' at all. More currupt, or suseptible to corruption, definitely

They're less polished and less interested in absolute power than Congress - that's about the only difference I see.

Reactions: Lucy01
This is just depressing.

Ohio Senate Republicans actually invited this person to testify as an expert witness. Dr. Sherri Tenpenny says that people who have gotten vaccinated become magnetic and metal objects will stick to them. Then she rambles on about this happening around 5G towers. The law they are considering law in Ohio would make it unlawful for private businesses to mandate Covid vaccines for their employees. The law would also make it would against the law for private businesses to tell customers they're not allowed into their workplace without a vaccine. Best of luck to small business owners with health problems because these lunatics are actually making an impact. Again, this woman was INVITED to speak by Ohio Republicans. The videos are all in the link.

But remember, AOC wants to plant yuca in her home garden, so she's equally as loony. God help us.

we don't know what we don't know regarding the vaccines.

that said, what we should be doing, and should have done a long time ago, is ramp up antibodies testing to see who has already had it and already developed antibodies.

give cards to those who test positive for antibodies that hold equivalent status as vax cards.

those who do or don't test positive for antibodies, then can make a more informed decision on whether they want to get the vax.

Reactions: DANC
The real problem is there are crazies everywhere but we tend to accept our crazies. Now part of that comes from what makes us who we are. There are studies (such as below) that mention conservatives value closure, order, and structure more than liberals. So crazies that overvalue those things seem more crazy to liberals than to conservatives. Liberals value fairness more, so crazies that overvalue fairness are seen as more crazy by conservatives and less by liberals.

If you believe there is an all powerful invisible man I the sky, I think that’s crazy.

If you like to smear your own feces on your face and act like it’s war paint, I also think that’s crazy.

Both crazy, but not equally crazy.

If you believe there is an all powerful invisible man I the sky, I think that’s crazy.

If you like to smear your own feces on your face and act like it’s war paint, I also think that’s crazy.

I think this is what you are looking for:

"Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with." - George

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay...these are things that can be debated. But Satan worshiping, pedo cannibals who are also lizard people controlled by a globalist elites and 5G cell towers.

How does one discuss reality with a group of people who don't live in reality.

By the way, I am probably 85% in agreement with you on most things you post. I hope you watched the Steve Schmidt interview I linked a few months ago. He ran the presidential campaign for John McCain. He's not some crackpot. McCain was the last "normal" Republican.

I have seen an interview Schmidt by Al Franken. He is still very conservative. I just respect people who are sane. Is it too much to ask for the majority of people in a political party to believe in science?
For the love of god please stop citing Steve Schmidt. It makes you look like a moron.

I'm not so sure...

You are so stupid - Your crazy is a 'fringe position', but a conservative crazy is conservative mainstream.

No wonder you're in a perpetual state of agitation.

Thankfully he keeps his mania in a bowl or cleanup on aisle 9

Okay...these are things that can be debated. But Satan worshiping, pedo cannibals who are also lizard people controlled by a globalist elites and 5G cell towers.

How does one discuss reality with a group of people who don't live in reality.

By the way, I am probably 85% in agreement with you on most things you post. I hope you watched the Steve Schmidt interview I linked a few months ago. He ran the presidential campaign for John McCain. He's not some crackpot. McCain was the last "normal" Republican.

I have seen an interview Schmidt by Al Franken. He is still very conservative. I just respect people who are sane. Is it too much to ask for the majority of people in a political party to believe in science?

5G cell towers hardly belong with the other things on that list.

Liberals value their perception of fairness more. I don’t accept your current wording.
This is meaningless, Ranger. You could put the phrase "their perception of" in front of any of those values, and it wouldn't change the meaning of the study at all. It's a famous study that's been replicated for decades now, I believe, and it's all based on how there are measurable differences in how we prioritize certain values based on our political leaning. "Perception of" is obviously assumed. Every single one of us who prioritizes any value at all necessarily prioritizes our personal perception of said value.

Edit: I responded to your post before I read the rest of the thread. Although I'm sure you don't need to hear it, please let me be clear my comment here is confined entirely to the specific context in which you made this post, and has no bearing whatsoever on the two pages of - whatever the f*ck it is - that followed it.

This is meaningless, Ranger. You could put the phrase "their perception of" in front of any of those values, and it wouldn't change the meaning of the study at all. It's a famous study that's been replicated for decades now, I believe, and it's all based on how there are measurable differences in how we prioritize certain values based on our political leaning. "Perception of" is obviously assumed. Every single one of us who prioritizes any value at all necessarily prioritizes our personal perception of said value.

Edit: I responded to your post before I read the rest of the thread. Although I'm sure you don't need to hear it, please let me be clear my comment here is confined entirely to the specific context in which you made this post, and has no bearing whatsoever on the two pages of - whatever the f*ck it is - that followed it.
Soooo I’d delete the post

Here is a way to look at the discussion. When it comes to government aid, a plan can be developed that would leave 10% needing aid without, or a plan can be developed that means 10% of those receiving aid are scamming the system. In speaking with people, conservatives prefer the former and liberals the latter. Not all, but most fit .

That is because we have competing ideas that we have to prioritize. In the discussion of fairness, it is not the meaning of fairness at play. That is left to the individual. When a conservatives ranks fairness next to social order and other values, the conservative is using their opinion as to what each is. Same for a liberal.

So when studies are done and people rank importance of different traits, fairness' definition does not matter. Conservatives typically say social order (however they define it) is more important than fairness (however they define it).

What happens is people think I am disparaging conservatives. I am decidedly not. I have no idea how to determine scientifically which is more important, social order or fairness. I cannot conceive of a study to determine that. I freely admit I am biased toward fairness so I cannot be the final arbiter. But I will say that I too have a strong draw to social order. I am by nature a rule follower for that reason.

So there is not a value judgement of "hey, we are better because..." but that is where the discussion falls apart. But generally speaking, conservatives rank fairness further down a list of values in making decisions than liberals do. Conservatives rate tradition far higher than liberals. Think of it this way, if tradition is very important to a conservative and not to a liberal, some value has to be more important to a liberal than a conservative.

Here is a way to look at the discussion. When it comes to government aid, a plan can be developed that would leave 10% needing aid without, or a plan can be developed that means 10% of those receiving aid are scamming the system. In speaking with people, conservatives prefer the former and liberals the latter. Not all, but most fit .

That is because we have competing ideas that we have to prioritize. In the discussion of fairness, it is not the meaning of fairness at play. That is left to the individual. When a conservatives ranks fairness next to social order and other values, the conservative is using their opinion as to what each is. Same for a liberal.

So when studies are done and people rank importance of different traits, fairness' definition does not matter. Conservatives typically say social order (however they define it) is more important than fairness (however they define it).

What happens is people think I am disparaging conservatives. I am decidedly not. I have no idea how to determine scientifically which is more important, social order or fairness. I cannot conceive of a study to determine that. I freely admit I am biased toward fairness so I cannot be the final arbiter. But I will say that I too have a strong draw to social order. I am by nature a rule follower for that reason.

So there is not a value judgement of "hey, we are better because..." but that is where the discussion falls apart. But generally speaking, conservatives rank fairness further down a list of values in making decisions than liberals do. Conservatives rate tradition far higher than liberals. Think of it this way, if tradition is very important to a conservative and not to a liberal, some value has to be more important to a liberal than a conservative.
Nobody with a brain thinks you’re disparaging conservatives. But 95% of the liberals on this board are. The simpleton thinking of “my side is cleaner than yours” is preposterous.

Nobody with a brain thinks you’re disparaging conservatives. But 95% of the liberals on this board are. The simpleton thinking of “my side is cleaner than yours” is preposterous.
One funny thing is that we are the idiots that elect idiots. Let me use two examples, Guam will tip over and we should move the earth's orbit to avoid global warming. The problem is only slightly that people are that dumb to begin with (they shouldn't be) but that we elect them. And we elect them because they are on our side.

But the bigger problem is not these people. Johnson and Gohmert are idiots that have no real power. But they give the other side in both cases ample opportunity to tar everyone on the other side.

We've made politics a sporting event where all that matters is our side wins. So if that means electing a Johnson or Gohmert, we do it. The current middle 20 have paired down to 10 to try to reach a deal on infrastructure. It angers both extremes. If this group comes to a consensus that all 20 can settle on, maybe there will be an infrastructure bill (maybe not, 10 GOP members will not offset Bernie and/or Warren defecting). I think we are watching either the last gasps of a dying system or a rebirth. If we can't settle on an infrastructure bill with bridges literally collapsing around us (see Memphis), I am not sure there is hope congress will agree on anything. But if they do come together, maybe this coalition can have legs. Policy-wise, I'd like the big bill. But I think right now a coalition bill is better for the long-term of the nation.

I believe that Republicans and Democrats, in theory, really have the best interests of America and Americans at their cores. They just have different opinions on how to best serve, and those opinions can be debated. I also believe the Constitution does a pretty good job of keeping politicians in check, even when they go off the rails.

All of that being said, I do not believe that Trump is really a Republican. He did not identify as one back in the day, but I think when he started forming his plan to become POTUS, he was smart enough to figure out that his path did not include declaring as a Democrat. The only possible way to victory was running as a Republican, and appealing to the fringe. Does anyone really think that DJT is all that religious? Patriotic? Concerned with the rule of law? Really?

I have no problem with voters who voted for Trump in 2016. HRC was the devil, and Trump was an unknown entity. I get it. If you were Republican in 2016, what choice did you have? Then came 2020. I believe that as true Republicans began to express their concern over Trump, the fringe got whipped up, further goaded by DJT's claims, that began before the election, of a huge fraud. The Democrats ran a fairly middle of the road candidate in Biden, and the only path to victory for The Donald was to speak almost exclusively to the militant wing of the GOP...thus January 6th. He also counted on a percentage of stubborn conservatives who couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for anyone else but a Republican candidate. He almost pulled it off.

So, I have. no problem with the GOP (I know...huge sigh of relief). But, there is a difference between the GOP and the party of Trump, and I also believe that the Republican party will suffer as long as they don't scrape off Trump. I have said a few times that I have voted for my fair share of candidates with the "R" next to their names. This election cycle (and next, probably), I felt the need to vote straight ticket for the first time ever, just to make a statement that Trump can't happen again. I fully understand that some of our conservative brethren on here feel the same way about Biden/Harris. I'm just expressing my motivations.

To recap: GOP and Dems are America and Americans. Trump was for himself, thus not really a Republican. He lost in 2020. The GOP needs to scrape off Trump to fully recover. For the good of the country, I hope they do it soon.

On my way to Florida Gulf coast for the week. Stay safe, everyone.

I believe that Republicans and Democrats, in theory, really have the best interests of America and Americans at their cores. They just have different opinions on how to best serve, and those opinions can be debated. I also believe the Constitution does a pretty good job of keeping politicians in check, even when they go off the rails.

All of that being said, I do not believe that Trump is really a Republican. He did not identify as one back in the day, but I think when he started forming his plan to become POTUS, he was smart enough to figure out that his path did not include declaring as a Democrat. The only possible way to victory was running as a Republican, and appealing to the fringe. Does anyone really think that DJT is all that religious? Patriotic? Concerned with the rule of law? Really?

I have no problem with voters who voted for Trump in 2016. HRC was the devil, and Trump was an unknown entity. I get it. If you were Republican in 2016, what choice did you have? Then came 2020. I believe that as true Republicans began to express their concern over Trump, the fringe got whipped up, further goaded by DJT's claims, that began before the election, of a huge fraud. The Democrats ran a fairly middle of the road candidate in Biden, and the only path to victory for The Donald was to speak almost exclusively to the militant wing of the GOP...thus January 6th. He also counted on a percentage of stubborn conservatives who couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for anyone else but a Republican candidate. He almost pulled it off.

So, I have. no problem with the GOP (I know...huge sigh of relief). But, there is a difference between the GOP and the party of Trump, and I also believe that the Republican party will suffer as long as they don't scrape off Trump. I have said a few times that I have voted for my fair share of candidates with the "R" next to their names. This election cycle (and next, probably), I felt the need to vote straight ticket for the first time ever, just to make a statement that Trump can't happen again. I fully understand that some of our conservative brethren on here feel the same way about Biden/Harris. I'm just expressing my motivations.

To recap: GOP and Dems are America and Americans. Trump was for himself, thus not really a Republican. He lost in 2020. The GOP needs to scrape off Trump to fully recover. For the good of the country, I hope they do it soon.

On my way to Florida Gulf coast for the week. Stay safe, everyone.
Report back on that spot bulk

One funny thing is that we are the idiots that elect idiots. Let me use two examples, Guam will tip over and we should move the earth's orbit to avoid global warming. The problem is only slightly that people are that dumb to begin with (they shouldn't be) but that we elect them. And we elect them because they are on our side.

But the bigger problem is not these people. Johnson and Gohmert are idiots that have no real power. But they give the other side in both cases ample opportunity to tar everyone on the other side.

We've made politics a sporting event where all that matters is our side wins. So if that means electing a Johnson or Gohmert, we do it. The current middle 20 have paired down to 10 to try to reach a deal on infrastructure. It angers both extremes. If this group comes to a consensus that all 20 can settle on, maybe there will be an infrastructure bill (maybe not, 10 GOP members will not offset Bernie and/or Warren defecting). I think we are watching either the last gasps of a dying system or a rebirth. If we can't settle on an infrastructure bill with bridges literally collapsing around us (see Memphis), I am not sure there is hope congress will agree on anything. But if they do come together, maybe this coalition can have legs. Policy-wise, I'd like the big bill. But I think right now a coalition bill is better for the long-term of the nation.
Correct. We have the government we deserve.

LOL A Lake Erie cruise?!? I grew up on Lake Erie and love it. But even to me, the thought of a Lake Erie cruise made me laugh out loud.

Until I saw this... https://www.greatlakescruises.com/victory-cruise-lines-great-lakes-grand-discovery.html

We'll I'll be. It actually looks like an interesting cruise. Then again, I'm a fan of the Great Lakes and have even spent some time working on a few Great Lakes freighters (in port only) - both modern tankers (for hauling chemicals) and one built over 100 years ago (600+ feet long). That old freighter was very cool. While it was in pretty bad shape when I was on it back in 1986, the captain's quarters and guest suites were like something out of an old movie. Enormous rooms, with incredibly ornate woodwork. It's now a museum in Toledo: https://nmgl.org/col-james-m-schoonmaker/
I went to Cleveland a few years ago for work. I liked the city much more than I thought I would. It was actually a cool downtown. Granted this was during the summer and not January.

I went to Cleveland a few years ago for work. I liked the city much more than I thought I would. It was actually a cool downtown. Granted this was during the summer and not January.
It's no Cincinnati :))), but Cleveland is a pretty nice town. They've really done some nice things with transportation - actually, much better than Cincy in that respect. Of course their winters do really suck, especially east of downtown.

As for Lake Erie, it is tremendously underappreciated. The Sandusky-Port Clinton area is phenomenal. Heck, probably should include the whole region east of Toledo and west of Cleveland - especially the islands. https://www.shoresandislands.com/

What I wouldn't give to be cruising between the islands on a 35' sailboat right now. Or better yet, on the Valkyrie: https://www.sailvalkyrie.com/

I need a vacation. And contrary to what my teenage daughter thinks, a vacation in a beach house does not have to be on the ocean! Heck, friends of mine used to surf Lake Erie. (Granted, that usually meant donning a wetsuit and heading out in some pretty bad weather, with the wind howling out of the North.)

Reactions: Cortez88
It's no Cincinnati :))), but Cleveland is a pretty nice town. They've really done some nice things with transportation - actually, much better than Cincy in that respect. Of course their winters do really suck, especially east of downtown.

As for Lake Erie, it is tremendously underappreciated. The Sandusky-Port Clinton area is phenomenal. Heck, probably should include the whole region east of Toledo and west of Cleveland - especially the islands. https://www.shoresandislands.com/

What I wouldn't give to be cruising between the islands on a 35' sailboat right now. Or better yet, on the Valkyrie: https://www.sailvalkyrie.com/

I need a vacation. And contrary to what my teenage daughter thinks, a vacation in a beach house does not have to be on the ocean! Heck, friends of mine used to surf Lake Erie. (Granted, that usually meant donning a wetsuit and heading out in some pretty bad weather, with the wind howling out of the North.)
And let’s not overlook how delicious Great Lakes Brewings beers are. Those guys do killer lagers.

And let’s not overlook how delicious Great Lakes Brewings beers are. Those guys do killer lagers.
Absolutely. I still remember when I first had a Dortmunder Gold. We were visiting friends in the Cleveland area and went to a bar/restaurant next to the falls in Chagrin Falls. I was blown away by the flavor. Granted, that was 20+ years ago when there weren't that many beers like it, but I still remember it vividly.

Reactions: Cortez88
Absolutely. I still remember when I first had a Dortmunder Gold. We were visiting friends in the Cleveland area and went to a bar/restaurant next to the falls in Chagrin Falls. I was blown away by the flavor. Granted, that was 20+ years ago when there weren't that many beers like it, but I still remember it vividly.
It’s a fantastic beer. If that’s your preferred flavor, try the Urban Chestnut germans if you have not. They have a Bavarian lager that is so damn good.

Blood clotting risk study, published 2 months ago but I just ran across it:

Blood clot risk is ten-fold higher from Covid-19 vs from mRNA vaccines. Vaccines win again!

“In the 513 ,284 patients with a covid-19 diagnosis the incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis was 39.0 per million people (95% confidence interval 25.2 to 60.2 million), and in the 489, 871 patients who had received covid-19 vaccination the incidence was 4.1 per million (1.1 to 14.9 million) (adjusted relative risk 6.36, P<0.001)."

Vaccinated patients received an mRNA vaccine, either the Pfizer-BioNTech one or Moderna’s.

ADVERTISEMENT