ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-Vax "Expert witness" testifies in Ohio Statehouse that Covid Vaccines make people magnets...oh, and 5G

Sorry, most of my debates on this have been against CO.

Let me word it this way, when conflicting choices arise between fairness and order, I believe (and I believe the studies show) conservatives find social order more important and liberals value fairness. One example of studies was what value is tradition in doing things. Conservatives tended to be more accepting that tradition and tradition alone is a good reason to continue with a policy. Of course, tradition helps play in with social order.
I think that fairness - as defined by liberals - gets too close to an Equality of Outcome approach and conservatives perhaps naively push Equality of Opportunity. In reality the nuance is in when one has achieved equal opportunity and therein lies the rub.

edited to correct outcome v opportunity

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Circlejoe
It is more than a little disturbing because it shows that this kind of lunacy is becoming mainstream.

It's also disturbing that many/most Republicans don't simply repudiate this kind of stuff as sheer insanity. Instead, the default response is, "Yeah, but what about AOC and the crazies in the Dem Party?" First, law enforcement is not going to be defunded. It's a fringe position that has been summarily rejected by Dem leadership. Second, the people who make the "what about the crazies on the other side argument" can get back to me when the other side comes close to approaching the level of craziness of lizard people controlling the world, and Jewish Space Lasers causing wildfires in California.
It’s sheer lunacy. Happy?

Now do Defund the Police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
It is more than a little disturbing because it shows that this kind of lunacy is becoming mainstream.

It's also disturbing that many/most Republicans don't simply repudiate this kind of stuff as sheer insanity. Instead, the default response is, "Yeah, but what about AOC and the crazies in the Dem Party?" First, law enforcement is not going to be defunded. It's a fringe position that has been summarily rejected by Dem leadership. Second, the people who make the "what about the crazies on the other side argument" can get back to me when the other side comes close to approaching the level of craziness of lizard people controlling the world, and Jewish Space Lasers causing wildfires in California.

You really have no clue what you bloviate about do you?

Reactions: DANC
It’s sheer lunacy. Happy?
Thrilled. Thank you. We need more like you.

And organizations - - whether it's state legislatures or private entities - - shouldn't provide a forum for nuts like Dr. Tenpenny and that wacky Dr. Immanuel (she appeared with other doctors at a press conference in DC last summer insisting that hydroxychloroquine was a cure for Covid), because of the great public harm they can inflict with their bullshit.

I think you give state legislatures too much credit. Staties are paid pennies and don’t attract the best and brightest. At best it’s a lilly pad for a federal-destined star but usually it’s a bunch of rubes that don’t want real jobs.

The woman in the video is clearly an idiot. But your obsession with the GOP while not even considering the BlueAnon dangers that lie below a surface that you can’t or won’t see makes you a non-serious person.

It's not with the GOP. I can understand Romney, Cheney (who I disagree with on almost every policy), Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, Murkowski, Chris Christie, Jeb, John Kasich, McCain (I realize he's not around anymore), Ben Sasse. They live in the world of reality. These are people who actually have policy ideas.

Does today's mainstream GOP stand for any real legislation that will help the American people? They don't even want to get vaccinated for the worst pandemic in 100 years. These are very strange and unbalanced people. We're six months into the Biden Administration and they're still trying to flip Arizona by analyze whether there is bamboo on the ballots that came from China. There are "serious" people who will not acknowledge the fact that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election. There are people who just stormed the US Capitol where 5 people were killed (20% more than in Benghazi) and wanted to kill Mike Pence for performing his Constitutional duties, and have plotted to kill a Democratic governor in Michigan. The Governor of Texas believed Obama was ordering the Obama plan to round up political enemies during training exercises.

56% of Republicans believe QAnon is a real thing. 56% actually believe that
President Trump is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media, and that this fight will lead to a day of reckoning where prominent people such as former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will be arrested and executed. That's over 50 million people.

You yourself have stated you dislike Trump, but your party is lock step with him and he is very much the kingmaker. Bernie Sanders didn't win the nomination. Biden, about as centrist as you'll find did. The extreme left does not control the Democratic Party. None of the policies that you fear from AOC will never come close to becoming law. Not going to happen. I know one thing, though...AOC is not going to play dress up Delta operator and start killing people.

How does someone with a normally functioning brain want to be a part of that group of lunatics?

When crazyness affects policy it starts to matter.

The comparisons are pretty close at that point.

defund is a silly buzzy word. but budgets are being slashed. if you want to nitpick it's not being "defunded" but budgets are being slashed in cities all over. Stl, minny on and on. Deblasio cut a bil from the police dept budget and the new progressive backed by aoc is proposing another billion. it's happening as we speak in saint louis with our new progressive mayor. don't be naive bowl.

lizard people aren't impacting policy. the aoc's of the world are presently impacting policy with grave consequences
Oops Sorry

Didn't see this and should have just liked vs posting basically the same thing.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It's not with the GOP. I can understand Romney, Cheney (who I disagree with on almost every policy), Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, Murkowski, Chris Christie, Jeb, John Kasich, McCain (I realize he's not around anymore), Ben Sasse. They live in the world of reality. These are people who actually have policy ideas.

Does today's mainstream GOP stand for any real legislation that will help the American people? They don't even want to get vaccinated for the worst pandemic in 100 years. These are very strange and unbalanced people. We're six months into the Biden Administration and they're still trying to flip Arizona by analyze whether there is bamboo on the ballots that came from China. There are "serious" people who will not acknowledge the fact that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election. There are people who just stormed the US Capitol where 5 people were killed (20% more than in Benghazi) and wanted to kill Mike Pence for performing his Constitutional duties, and have plotted to kill a Democratic governor in Michigan. The Governor of Texas believed Obama was ordering the Obama plan to round up political enemies during training exercises.

President Trump is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media, and that this fight will lead to a day of reckoning where prominent people such as former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will be arrested and executed. That's over 50 million people.

You yourself have stated you dislike Trump, but your party is lock step with him and he is very much the kingmaker. Bernie Sanders didn't win the nomination. Biden, about as centrist as you'll find did. The extreme left does not control the Democratic Party. None of the policies that you fear from AOC will never come close to becoming law. Not going to happen. I know one thing, though...AOC is not going to play dress up Delta operator and start killing people.

How does someone with a normally functioning brain want to be a part of that group of lunatics?
That’s the difference doc. We don’t want “new legislation to help the American people.” We want the American people to help themselves. We want less taxes, less regs, fix the bridges, and keep us safe and enforce anti discrim laws to ensure equal opps. “I’m with the government. I’m here to help”

Reactions: Crayfish57
I think that fairness - as defined by liberals - gets too close to an Equality of Opportunity approach and conservatives perhaps naively push Equality of Opportunity. In reality the nuance is in when one has achieved equal opportunity and therein lies the rub.
Okay...these are things that can be debated. But Satan worshiping, pedo cannibals who are also lizard people controlled by a globalist elites and 5G cell towers.

How does one discuss reality with a group of people who don't live in reality.

By the way, I am probably 85% in agreement with you on most things you post. I hope you watched the Steve Schmidt interview I linked a few months ago. He ran the presidential campaign for John McCain. He's not some crackpot. McCain was the last "normal" Republican.

I have seen an interview Schmidt by Al Franken. He is still very conservative. I just respect people who are sane. Is it too much to ask for the majority of people in a political party to believe in science?

Okay...these are things that can be debated. But Satan worshiping, pedo cannibals who are also lizard people controlled by a globalist elites and 5G cell towers.

By the way, I am probably 85% in agreement with you on most things you post. I hope you watched the Steve Schmidt interview I linked a few months ago. He ran the presidential campaign for John McCain. He's not some crackpot. McCain was the last "normal" Republican.

I have seen an interview Schmidt by Al Franken. He is still very conservative. I just respect people who are sane. Is it too much to ask for the majority of people in a political party to believe in science?
JFC ! you know there are also all kinds of crazy liberals out in the world too right? I am guessing by your postings you are on the edge of being one.

Reactions: DANC

What law or policy have any of them enacted? They are white noise. Ignore their idiocy. I wish the media would

Doc you and I disagree on everything but I know you are a good dude and just want what’s best. It’s a shame so many of us view what’s best so differently. Cheers doc

I’m completely lost in this post. Which GOP lawmakers played dress up Delta operator and started killing people? Are you forgetting what happened to Steve Scalise?

You do zero introspection and only offer projection. You don’t have a problem with the rhetoric and completely irresponsible behavior of Democrat leaders and officials that precipitated the race riots and you can’t even fathom that they played a part in that.

Ive been very critical of and remain critical of Trumpers then and now. I introspect. Until you do the same I’m going to stop these childish “your side is worse than mine” waste of times.

and if you want to throw buzzwords around like “trust science” and direct then at the GOP, you should do some searching on minority vaccination rates. Again, it’s called introspection and you’re not good at it.

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
Doesn't that depend on the business. Here's one example, cruise ships. They want a vaccination requirement and it is easy to see why. If a ship reports in a month that they have 30 passengers with COVID, cruising is dead for another year. Which results in an interesting twist, Texas and Florida claim to hate government intervention but both are intervening to prevent cruise ships from requiring vaccinations. Isn't that government intervention?

Now Ohio doesn't have much cruising (maybe on Erie?). But conventions would be similarly problematic. For other places, it might depend. Older people are far more susceptible. So I would imagine businesses that cater to elderly may be willing to require vaccinations to keep their core clientele happy.
A couple others to consider -- Ohio has several pro football and baseball teams, several large college athletic programs, at least two very large amusement parks among other attractions, and all those can get very congested especially in restroom lines at halftime and the ends of innings.

That’s the difference doc. We don’t want “new legislation to help the American people.” We want the American people to help themselves. We want less taxes, less regs, fix the bridges, and keep us safe and enforce anti discrim laws to ensure equal opps. “I’m with the government. I’m here to help”

How you gonna fix the bridges without tax revenue? What regs do you want to get rid of and why? You do realize that most regulations are in place because people won't play by the rules if you have no rules. Did you enjoy 2008's financial collapse because of "deregulating" banks and labeling insurance policies credit default swaps? Who needs collateral, right? Do you wish there were no rules in a basketball game...cause that's what happens when you continue to deregulate for the sake of deregulation.

Do you know who enacted the biggest tax increases in US history? I'll give you his initials: RR

Bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime in US History.

lizard people aren't impacting policy.
Yes, fortunately lizard people aren't impacting policy (lol), but people who believe in lizard people are. There are currently two QAnon devotees in Congress, and there are already 19 QAnon candidates (all Republicans except for one independent) running for Congress in 2022. God knows how many are already in (or running for seats in) state legislatures.

How you gonna fix the bridges without tax revenue? What regs do you want to get rid of and why? You do realize that most regulations are in place because people won't play by the rules if you have no rules. Did you enjoy 2008's financial collapse because of "deregulating" banks and labeling insurance policies credit default swaps? Who needs collateral, right? Do you wish there were no rules in a basketball game...cause that's what happens when you continue to deregulate for the sake of deregulation.

Do you know who enacted the biggest tax increases in US history? I'll give you his initials: RR

Bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime in US History.
Doc I love ya but you are impossible to talk to. I’m sorry. No one is saying zero taxes. Your predilection for extremes likely attracts you to the stories you post but it makes rational discussion impossible

Yes, fortunately lizard people aren't impacting policy (lol), but people who believe in lizard people are. There are currently two QAnon devotees in Congress, and there are already 19 QAnon candidates (all Republicans except for one independent) running for Congress in 2022. God knows how many are already in (or running for seats in) state legislatures.
Name a single policy or law they’ve enacted that has the impact of progressives with their defund the police campaign that is currently being implemented around the country. And bear in mind the number one concern of Americans today is violence.

I’m completely lost in this post. Which GOP lawmakers played dress up Delta operator and started killing people? Are you forgetting what happened to Steve Scalise?

You do zero introspection and only offer projection. You don’t have a problem with the rhetoric and completely irresponsible behavior of Democrat leaders and officials that precipitated the race riots and you can’t even fathom that they played a part in that.

Ive been very critical of and remain critical of Trumpers then and now. I introspect. Until you do the same I’m going to stop these childish “your side is worse than mine” waste of times.

and if you want to throw buzzwords around like “trust science” and direct then at the GOP, you should do some searching on minority vaccination rates. Again, it’s called introspection and you’re not good at it.
I should have proofread better before posting. Apologies.

I'm talking about the Trump nuts (not Republicans) who are essentially itching for a civil war...if you believe what they say themselves. The type of guys who were planning to kidnap and kill the governor of Michigan. But, for the sake of discussion you have lawmakers who feel like they need to be armed inside the halls of congress:

This is very strange behavior.

I should have proofread better before posting. Apologies.

I'm talking about the Trump nuts (not Republicans) who are essentially itching for a civil war...if you believe what they say themselves. The type of guys who were planning to kidnap and kill the governor of Michigan. But, for the sake of discussion you have lawmakers who feel like they need to be armed inside the halls of congress:

This is very strange behavior.
You don’t believe there are people that traditionally vote Democrat that aren’t itching for a civil war or at least a complete inversion of our society and that the current pandering done by the likes of the Squad, Biden and Harris, and Pelosi empowers them just as much as Trump did the Proud Boys?

Doc I love ya but you are impossible to talk to. I’m sorry. No one is saying zero taxes. Your predilection for extremes likely attracts you to the stories you post but it makes rational discussion impossible
When 1/3 of Republicans (I assume you're a Republican) think the election was stolen, and 50% won't be vaccinated. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that people who still declare themselves Republicans tend to be pretty "extreme".

You know I'm cool with you, though.

When 1/3 of Republicans (I assume you're a Republican) think the election was stolen, and 50% won't be vaccinated. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that people who still declare themselves Republicans tend to be pretty "extreme".

You know I'm cool with you, though.
Do you have any facts or just the spastic ramblings in your mind?

Name a single policy or law they’ve enacted that has the impact of progressives with their defund the police campaign that is currently being implemented around the country. And bear in mind the number one concern of Americans today is violence.
In terms of a legislative enactment, no, because there aren't enough of them (QAnon) - - yet. But when I see Greene wearing a facemask on the House floor that reads, "Trump Won," I know she's already doing damage.

And I don't know what poll you're citing, but a May '21 Gallup poll cited economic issues as the #1 concern of Americans. Crime/violence was way down the list.

Gotta run. Have a good afternoon.

In terms of a legislative enactment, no, because there aren't enough of them (QAnon) - - yet. But when I see Greene wearing a facemask on the House floor that reads, "Trump Won," I know she's already doing damage.

And I don't know what poll you're citing, but a May '21 Gallup poll cited economic issues as the #1 concern of Americans. Crime/violence was way down the list.

Gotta run. Have a good afternoon.
Sorry. Poll was amongst New Yorkers. Take care

You don’t believe there are people that traditionally vote Democrat that aren’t itching for a civil war or at least a complete inversion of our society and that the current pandering done by the likes of the Squad, Biden and Harris, and Pelosi empowers them just as much as Trump did the Proud Boys?
See, this is where I feel like you go off the rails a little bit, which you don't very often. I can't even name a member of "The Squad" other than AOC. The only other one I recognize is the one from Minnesota. I was hoping Pelosi wouldn't become speaker when the Dems took the House. I think she's pretty useless. I'm still curious about the sudden dislike for Biden. Even my Trumpster friend liked Biden before he became President. Extreme lefties don't like Biden either, but he's generally a popular president so far. Not the same man as 10 years ago, though. He should have run in 2016.

Most of my friends are actually conservatives who left the GOP because of Trump. My best friend from college voted for Trump. Most of the "liberals" I am friends with are from the finance industry, so they're pretty centrist too. As Steve Schmidt says in the interview, it's cable news (he blames it mostly on Fox) and Facebook that has driven people to the extremes, but as Steve Schmidt says, the right is much worse than the left, which is why he left.

No, I don't think Dems are itching for a civil war. The Dems I know are wondering how so many people went bananas like Dr. Tenpenny. AOC is cute, but she has no political power.

See, this is where I feel like you go off the rails a little bit, which you don't very often. I can't even name a member of "The Squad" other than AOC. The only other one I recognize is the one from Minnesota. I was hoping Pelosi wouldn't become speaker when the Dems took the House. I think she's pretty useless. I'm still curious about the sudden dislike for Biden. Even my Trumpster friend liked Biden before he became President. Extreme lefties don't like Biden either, but he's generally a popular president so far. Not the same man as 10 years ago, though. He should have run in 2016.

Most of my friends are actually conservatives who left the GOP because of Trump. My best friend from college voted for Trump. Most of the "liberals" I am friends with are from the finance industry, so they're pretty centrist too. As Steve Schmidt says in the interview, it's cable news (he blames it mostly on Fox) and Facebook that has driven people to the extremes, but as Steve Schmidt says, the right is much worse than the left, which is why he left.

No, I don't think Dems are itching for a civil war. The Dems I know are wondering how so many people went bananas like Dr. Tenpenny. AOC is cute, but she has no political power.
Your entire post does not support your first sentence whatsoever.

And if you believe AOC has no power then I have some things to sell you.

Got my shot.

Don't care who else gets one or doesn't get one.

It's a choice between me and my physician, and the science is iffy enough the government doesn't get to control it.

Private employers can make me get one if I want to work for them - until an elected bunch of vote whores at the local, state or federal level pass a law to the contrary, or a court interprets an existing law to the contrary.

Mostly, people need to stop thinking they get to tell others how to live, and we need to get back to saying "please" and "thank you" and giving good customer service.

Thank you for your time, you racist Nazi bastages.

reagan.gif

Read this article:

I'm saying Democrats aren't swinging towards Bernie or AOC. If that were the case, Bernie would have been the nominee. I feel like you think they are. Wall Street wanted Biden in 2020.

Sorry about not being clear.

I'm saying Democrats aren't swinging towards Bernie or AOC. If that were the case, Bernie would have been the nominee. I feel like you think they are. Wall Street wanted Biden in 2020.

Sorry about not being clear.
The Dems knew Bernie couldn’t beat Trump so they went with an old lifelong politician that can be influenced and they installed a radical as his VP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT