ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-Vax "Expert witness" testifies in Ohio Statehouse that Covid Vaccines make people magnets...oh, and 5G

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
This is just depressing.

Ohio Senate Republicans actually invited this person to testify as an expert witness. Dr. Sherri Tenpenny says that people who have gotten vaccinated become magnetic and metal objects will stick to them. Then she rambles on about this happening around 5G towers. The law they are considering law in Ohio would make it unlawful for private businesses to mandate Covid vaccines for their employees. The law would also make it would against the law for private businesses to tell customers they're not allowed into their workplace without a vaccine. Best of luck to small business owners with health problems because these lunatics are actually making an impact. Again, this woman was INVITED to speak by Ohio Republicans. The videos are all in the link.

But remember, AOC wants to plant yuca in her home garden, so she's equally as loony. God help us.

This is just depressing.

Ohio Senate Republicans actually invited this person to testify as an expert witness. Dr. Sherri Tenpenny says that people who have gotten vaccinated become magnetic and metal objects will stick to them. Then she rambles on about this happening around 5G towers. The law they are considering law in Ohio would make it unlawful for private businesses to mandate Covid vaccines for their employees. The law would also make it would against the law for private businesses to tell customers they're not allowed into their workplace without a vaccine. Best of luck to small business owners with health problems because these lunatics are actually making an impact. Again, this woman was INVITED to speak by Ohio Republicans. The videos are all in the link.

But remember, AOC wants to plant yuca in her home garden, so she's equally as loony. God help us.
Less than 25 percent of blacks have even received a firs

t shot. There are about 900,000 AAs in Chicago. We’re just going to have a large population unmasked and unvaccinated. Get yours and protect yourself and move on. All we can do. And private small businesses aren’t going to turn away unvaccinated customers anyway. That’s absurd. They want business.

AOC also wants to defund police. You had 40 shootings over Memorial Day weekend. Too bad she doesn’t become a gardener.

Repubs in Ohio should be the least of your worries

Last edited:
This is just depressing.

What a colonist thing to say...

Less than 25 percent of blacks have even received a first shot. There are about 900,000 AAs in Chicago. We’re just going to have a large population unmasked and unvaccinated. Get yours and protect yourself and move on. All we can do. And private small businesses aren’t going to turn away unvaccinated customers anyway. That’s absurd. They want business.
First, why on Earth are you referencing black people in Chicago? What an bizarre comment. Second, there are about 775,000 African Americans in Chicago (apparently you want to really beef up that "black people are causing problems" meme. Third, this will be an Ohio law, so why you're concerned about race statistics in Chicago, I have no idea.

On to the more important issue. Just for the record, you're for government telling private companies they have to ignore the safety of their employees and customers? Wow. What happened to the Republican party?

I guess you speak for all businesses. And it's not just customers, it's also employees. A warehouse that doesn't deal with customers directly should not be able to require their employees to be vaccinated for Covid? A factory who expects their business to run smoothly and not have an outbreak that destroys their ability to do business?

You're getting as nutty as Dr. Tenpenny.

First, why on Earth are you referencing black people in Chicago? What an bizarre comment. Second, there are about 775,000 African Americans in Chicago (apparently you want to really beef up that "black people are causing problems" meme. Third, this will be an Ohio law, so why you're concerned about race statistics in Chicago, I have no idea.

On to the more important issue. Just for the record, you're for government telling private companies they have to ignore the safety of their employees and customers? Wow. What happened to the Republican party?

I guess you speak for all businesses. And it's not just customers, it's also employees. A warehouse that doesn't deal with customers directly should not be able to require their employees to be vaccinated for Covid? A factory who expects their business to run smoothly and not have an outbreak that destroys their ability to do business?

You're getting as nutty as Dr. Tenpenny.
1. You live in Chicago. 2.7 mil about 1/3 black. Off a 100,000 who gives a shit. Less than 25 percent vax (repubs ya think?) where YOU live yet you’re worrying about a Ohio Republican legislature. Why bc you want to blame repubs anywhere and ignore the failings of your own voters. Patently obvious.

2. Reading is fundamental. Never said a word about employees.

3. Businesses aren’t in business to turn away customers. Common sense

I honestly wonder how these people actually function in real life. The woman is a doctor. Should a woman who spouts such craziness be allowed to practice medicine? She should be evaluated by psychiatric professionals because she's clearly either delusional or is experiencing paranoid schizophrenia or psychosis?

And I'm not trying to joke about mental illness.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I honestly wonder how these people actually function in real life. The woman is a doctor. Should a woman who spouts such craziness be allowed to practice medicine? She should be evaluated by psychiatric professionals because she's clearly either delusional or is experiencing paranoid schizophrenia or psychosis?

And I'm not trying to joke about mental illness.
Nahhh... I think she's just an idiot.

Businesses aren’t in business to turn away customers. Common sense

Doesn't that depend on the business. Here's one example, cruise ships. They want a vaccination requirement and it is easy to see why. If a ship reports in a month that they have 30 passengers with COVID, cruising is dead for another year. Which results in an interesting twist, Texas and Florida claim to hate government intervention but both are intervening to prevent cruise ships from requiring vaccinations. Isn't that government intervention?

Now Ohio doesn't have much cruising (maybe on Erie?). But conventions would be similarly problematic. For other places, it might depend. Older people are far more susceptible. So I would imagine businesses that cater to elderly may be willing to require vaccinations to keep their core clientele happy.

Reactions: DrHoops
Doesn't that depend on the business. Here's one example, cruise ships. They want a vaccination requirement and it is easy to see why. If a ship reports in a month that they have 30 passengers with COVID, cruising is dead for another year. Which results in an interesting twist, Texas and Florida claim to hate government intervention but both are intervening to prevent cruise ships from requiring vaccinations. Isn't that government intervention?

Now Ohio doesn't have much cruising (maybe on Erie?). But conventions would be similarly problematic. For other places, it might depend. Older people are far more susceptible. So I would imagine businesses that cater to elderly may be willing to require vaccinations to keep their core clientele happy.
absolutely. restaurants and retail are what immediately popped into my mind. yeah the cruise industry has been interesting to follow. hotels will be another one to watch i presume with extended stays like cruises

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
1. You live in Chicago. 2.7 mil about 1/3 black. Off a 100,000 who gives a shit. Less than 25 percent vax (repubs ya think?) where YOU live yet you’re worrying about a Ohio Republican legislature. Why bc you want to blame repubs anywhere and ignore the failings of your own voters. Patently obvious.

2. Reading is fundamental. Never said a word about employees.

3. Businesses aren’t in business to turn away customers. Common sense
What do black people in Chicago have to do with an Ohio law? What a weird fixation you have with black people in Chicago. 50% of Republicans in the US are not getting vaccinated. 95% of Democrats are getting vaccinated.

Employees work at businesses. That's part of the law too. Private businesses would not be allowed to make those decisions.

How 'bout a nursing home? Under this law you would not be allowed to ask whether a patient comes into your nursing home has been vaccinated. Elderly people are customers of nursing homes. Businesses would be outlawed to even ENCOURAGE their employees get vaccination.

What a total disaster.

What do black people in Chicago have to do with an Ohio law? What a weird fixation you have with black people in Chicago. 50% of Republicans in the US are not getting vaccinated. 95% of Democrats are getting vaccinated.

Employees work at businesses. That's part of the law too. Private businesses would not be allowed to make those decisions.

How 'bout a nursing home? Under this law you would not be allowed to ask whether a patient comes into your nursing home has been vaccinated. Elderly people are customers of nursing homes. Businesses would be outlawed to even ENCOURAGE their employees get vaccination.

What a total disaster.
You are worrying about Ohio when you live in Chicago where a large percentage of your own population won’t get vaccinated. Why is this so hard for you. If you are so worried about vaccinated people worry about your own backyard not what Republicans might do in a state you don’t live.

If you’re repeatedly told you are hyper partisan at what pinpoint do you begin to question yourself? Be honest. You’re just culling the web through your I hate republicans feed looking for stuff to post while ignoring your own voters contributions to problems in this country. So posting as usual....

Last edited:
Nahhh... I think she's just an idiot.
But she's testifying as an expert and treats patients? Thinking 5G or vaccines make you a magnet is pretty scary for someone who practices medicine to believe.

I do agree with you, she is an idiot. I'm just amazed that this could be someone a political party would consider as and expert witness. A side note to her craziness is the number of people in attendance nodding their heads in agreement with her. Even the lady with the keys had someone looking on in horror as she attempted to stick the keys to her neck.

Wow.

You are worrying about Ohio when you live in Chicago where a large percentage of your own population won’t get vaccinated. Why is this so hard for you. If you are so worried about vaccinated people worry about your own backyard not what Republicans might do in a state you don’t live.

If you’re repeatedly told you are hyper partisan at what pinpoint do you begin to question yourself?

I'm not worried about Ohio. I just think it's pretty shocking what the RepubliQanon Party has become. Deranged, paranoid, and incapable of governing by anything besides conspiracy theories. You don't find a nut like that being called as an expert witness is a little concerning?

You don't think it's odd that 30% of Republicans still think the election was stolen? 50% won't get a vaccination?

I guess I'm just "hyper-partisan" because I can see reality.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

If you’re repeatedly told you are hyper partisan at what pinpoint do you begin to question yourself? Be honest. You’re just culling the web through your I hate republicans feed looking for stuff to post while ignoring your own voters contributions to problems in this country. So posting as usual....
You guys had some very funny video, gotta give you that.

Too bad you had to follow it up with more of your usual nasty, snarky posts.

And I see what you're doing with your #s. You say 95% of Demoncats are "getting vaccinated'" Based on the Times asserting that 19/20 intend to do so. Yet, something like 75% of AAs haven't gotten it. And they make up 20-25% of the D vote. And don't Hispanics have similar #s? So....not sure just how honest either the Times or you are being. Again, you made your point about Republicans being less willing. Too bad you couldn't have left it at that

I'm not worried about Ohio. I just think it's pretty shocking what the RepubliQanon Party has become. Deranged, paranoid, and incapable of governing by anything besides conspiracy theories. You don't find a nut like that being called as an expert witness is a little concerning?

You don't think it's odd that 30% of Republicans still think the election was stolen? 50% won't get a vaccination?

I think you give state legislatures too much credit. Staties are paid pennies and don’t attract the best and brightest. At best it’s a lilly pad for a federal-destined star but usually it’s a bunch of rubes that don’t want real jobs.

The woman in the video is clearly an idiot. But your obsession with the GOP while not even considering the BlueAnon dangers that lie below a surface that you can’t or won’t see makes you a non-serious person.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Republicans are chock full of insane people. Did you hear gohmert on climate. Yikes! But I think there are crazies on both sides. I don’t think any of that is anymore insane than the most dangerous city in America electing a defund the police mayor

Reactions: Crayfish57
I think you give state legislatures too much credit. Staties are paid pennies and don’t attract the best and brightest. At best it’s a lilly pad for a federal-destined star but usually it’s a bunch of rubes that don’t want real jobs.

The woman in the video is clearly an idiot. But your obsession with the GOP while not even considering the BlueAnon dangers that lie below a surface that you can’t or won’t see makes you a non-serious person.

Absolutely. State legis are often pt jobs that meet only during session a few months of the year

LOL A Lake Erie cruise?!? I grew up on Lake Erie and love it. But even to me, the thought of a Lake Erie cruise made me laugh out loud.

Until I saw this... https://www.greatlakescruises.com/victory-cruise-lines-great-lakes-grand-discovery.html

We'll I'll be. It actually looks like an interesting cruise. Then again, I'm a fan of the Great Lakes and have even spent some time working on a few Great Lakes freighters (in port only) - both modern tankers (for hauling chemicals) and one built over 100 years ago (600+ feet long). That old freighter was very cool. While it was in pretty bad shape when I was on it back in 1986, the captain's quarters and guest suites were like something out of an old movie. Enormous rooms, with incredibly ornate woodwork. It's now a museum in Toledo: https://nmgl.org/col-james-m-schoonmaker/

JFC what is the matter with you? Yes that doctor is likely whacko but you go off on everything like the roadrunner on speed. the exact number of blacks in Chicago 66 posted that got you all wound up?

No, you are just flat out hyper nuts. GD what are you on that helps you see your reality?

This is just depressing.

But AOC is just as crazy. Both sides do it. *insert typical horseshit*

Reactions: IU_Hickory
But AOC is just as crazy. Both sides do it. *insert typical horseshit*

The real problem is there are crazies everywhere but we tend to accept our crazies. Now part of that comes from what makes us who we are. There are studies (such as below) that mention conservatives value closure, order, and structure more than liberals. So crazies that overvalue those things seem more crazy to liberals than to conservatives. Liberals value fairness more, so crazies that overvalue fairness are seen as more crazy by conservatives and less by liberals.

The real problem is there are crazies everywhere but we tend to accept our crazies. Now part of that comes from what makes us who we are. There are studies (such as below) that mention conservatives value closure, order, and structure more than liberals. So crazies that overvalue those things seem more crazy to liberals than to conservatives. Liberals value fairness more, so crazies that overvalue fairness are seen as more crazy by conservatives and less by liberals.

Liberals value their perception of fairness more. I don’t accept your current wording.

Liberals value their perception of fairness more. I don’t accept your current wording.
I've been through this before. I notice that in the past the conservatives that argued with me wanted all the positives (they wanted to be both more orderly and more fair and liberals were just wrong). I'm trying to say that we value things differently and neither side is wrong. If you can't accept that, I'm done.

I've been through this before. I notice that in the past the conservatives that argued with me wanted all the positives (they wanted to be both more orderly and more fair and liberals were just wrong). I'm trying to say that we value things differently and neither side is wrong. If you can't accept that, I'm done.
No I’m saying you and I would have different definitions of what “fairness” is so you don’t get to just claim that liberals care more about fairness when the definition of fairness is debatable.

I think I’ve been pretty clear here that I don’t believe one side is better or worse than the other. I’m quibbling and debating you - not dismissing you.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This is just depressing.

It is more than a little disturbing because it shows that this kind of lunacy is becoming mainstream.

It's also disturbing that many/most Republicans don't simply repudiate this kind of stuff as sheer insanity. Instead, the default response is, "Yeah, but what about AOC and the crazies in the Dem Party?" First, law enforcement is not going to be defunded. It's a fringe position that has been summarily rejected by Dem leadership. Second, the people who make the "what about the crazies on the other side argument" can get back to me when the other side comes close to approaching the level of craziness of lizard people controlling the world, and Jewish Space Lasers causing wildfires in California.

No I’m saying you and I would have different definitions of what “fairness” is so you don’t get to just claim that liberals care more about fairness when the definition of fairness is debatable.

I think I’ve been pretty clear here that I don’t believe one side is better or worse than the other. I’m quibbling and debating you - not dismissing you.

Sorry, most of my debates on this have been against CO.

Let me word it this way, when conflicting choices arise between fairness and order, I believe (and I believe the studies show) conservatives find social order more important and liberals value fairness. One example of studies was what value is tradition in doing things. Conservatives tended to be more accepting that tradition and tradition alone is a good reason to continue with a policy. Of course, tradition helps play in with social order.

It is more than a little disturbing because it shows that this kind of lunacy is becoming mainstream.

It's also disturbing that many/most Republicans don't simply repudiate this kind of stuff as sheer insanity. Instead, the default response is, "Yeah, but what about AOC and the crazies in the Dem Party?" First, law enforcement is not going to be defunded. It's a fringe position that has been summarily rejected by Dem leadership. Second, the people who make the "what about the crazies on the other side argument" can get back to me when the other side comes close to approaching the level of craziness of lizard people controlling the world, and Jewish Space Lasers causing wildfires in California.
defund is a silly buzzy word. but budgets are being slashed. if you want to nitpick it's not being "defunded" but budgets are being slashed in cities all over. Stl, minny on and on. Deblasio cut a bil from the police dept budget and the new progressive backed by aoc is proposing another billion. it's happening as we speak in saint louis with our new progressive mayor. don't be naive bowl.

lizard people aren't impacting policy. the aoc's of the world are presently impacting policy with grave consequences

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT