ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Leal

So, what we have learned here is-
1) Leal might or might not attend IU
2) Some people are religious and some don’t like religion and some don’t care what you do
3) Wind is not real and god is moving the leaves because he is a good multitasker
Did I miss anything?

That’s a really good list. Some additions

4) A holocaust reference (always a classic;))
5) Wall2Boogie is still an inbred toothless troll from Kentucky and God still hates him.

Last edited:
So, what we have learned here is-
1) Leal might or might not attend IU
2) Some people are religious and some don’t like religion and some don’t care what you do
3) Wind is not real and god is moving the leaves because he is a good multitasker
Did I miss anything?

1) Hope he does
2) Don’t care one way or the other but I don’t like hypocrites of any kind
3) Don’t care why leaves blow around I just rake them when necessary

In the marked absence of any evidence for any god, let alone a version of a Christian god, having to spend one’s life worrying about original sin and all that baggage and fearing death because, if there’s a god, odds are you picked the wrong one to believe in, I’d say atheism is the right choice.
The leaves on the tree in my front yard mysteriously move and flutter. Someone tells me it is the wind. I see no evidence of this WIND they speak of. Therefore I conclude there is NO such thing as wind.

Ahh, I was just waiting for the “look outside at the trees” argument. If evidence for god were half as demonstrable as wind, there would be no atheists. As it turns out, incredulity is shamelessly promoted as if it were somehow on equal footing as intellectually honesty and proper skepticism.

“Haha. See, we both believe in dumb things like the wind, so we are equally stupid.” Except no...we are not. We both may be stupid, but definitely not equally.

Ahh, I was just waiting for the “look outside at the trees” argument. If evidence for god were half as demonstrable as wind, there would be no atheists. As it turns out, incredulity is shamelessly promoted as if it were somehow on equal footing as intellectually honesty and proper skepticism.

“Haha. See, we both believe in dumb things like the wind, so we are equally stupid.” Except no...we are not. We both may be stupid, but definitely not equally.

Earth is about 93,000,000 miles from the Sun, yet in 4 to 5 billion yrs the orbit hasn't degraded a bit.

same with the rest of the solar system, and then there's the moon's orbit of Earth.

then there's reproduction in the animal kingdom.

one can explain the science of the sperm-egg thing, but how do you explain the whole "drive" mechanism that defies explanation.

call it what you wish, but if you don't see signs of intelligent design all around you, then you're going through life wearing a blindfold.

Last edited:
Earth is about 93,000,000 miles from the Sun, yet in 4 to 5 billion yrs the orbit hasn't degraded a bit.

same with the rest of the solar system, and then there's the moon's orbit of Earth.

one can explain the science of the sperm-egg thing, but how do you explain the whole "drive" mechanism that defies explanation.

call it what you wish, but if you don't see signs of intelligent design all around you, then you're going through life wearing a blindfold.
I appreciate your teleological argument. Josh McDowell once said, "if a man gets up in the morning and sees an opened can of alphabet soup siting on the table and next to it are noodle letters that say, I love you.Be back in a few hours" does he assume it all happened by random chance?

I appreciate your teleological argument. Josh McDowell once said, "if a man gets up in the morning and sees an opened can of alphabet soup siting on the table and next to it are noodle letters that say, I love you.Be back in a few hours" does he assume it all happened by random chance?

Or maybe that man woke up in the morning and mistakenly thought he saw a message?

Reactions: 82hoosier
Well if some people claimed WIND existed without evidence and wanted 10% of my income and to influence how I vote or live my life I'd be inclined to not believe in it too. But in fact they don't and there's so much Repeatable evidence for the movement of air that I'd be a fool not to believe in it. Unlike your god.

salvation is a free gift from God you just have to accept it
ministry takes money.
God doesn't need your money, He'll be fine if you give or don't

salvation is a free gift from God you just have to accept it
ministry takes money.
God doesn't need your money, He'll be fine if you give or don't
a) A universe in which "salvation" is required would be totally screwed up, so

b) since there's no evidence for such an unlikely thing, I'll pass.

How could you possibly know earth's orbit hasn't changed? There are several hypotheses that involve the solar system's planets moving around due to gravitational interactions. But there's damn little friction in the vacuum of outer space now, unlike billions of years ago when the sun and solar system were new and there was dust and gas galore, so if our orbit hasn't changed that's not surprising, it's physics. (Do you believe in physics or do you think your god is moving All Those Things?)

Reproduction in the animal kingdom is a no-brainer. Any species that didn't do it only lasted one generation.

I take it you read people who are desperately fighting evolution because they make good money at it or they hope to or it threatens their day job.

The world and the universe are So Much More Interesting than your "God does it" version. You are the one wearing a blindfold. Learn some science! It's not too late.

Reactions: minneman
How could you possibly know earth's orbit hasn't changed? There are several hypotheses that involve the solar system's planets moving around due to gravitational interactions. But there's damn little friction in the vacuum of outer space now, unlike billions of years ago when the sun and solar system were new and there was dust and gas galore, so if our orbit hasn't changed that's not surprising, it's physics. (Do you believe in physics or do you think your god is moving All Those Things?)

Reproduction in the animal kingdom is a no-brainer. Any species that didn't do it only lasted one generation.

I take it you read people who are desperately fighting evolution because they make good money at it or they hope to or it threatens their day job.

The world and the universe are So Much More Interesting than your "God does it" version. You are the one wearing a blindfold. Learn some science! It's not too late.

And God said, "Let there be The Laws of Physics". And then God said, "Let there be science".

See how that works, too.

Now multiply all those probabilities together.

Creation declares His Glory. He who has eyes to see, let him see. He who has an ear to hear, let him hear.

See how that works, too.
Yes. Some religions are quite consistent with science and many Christians are good scientists. But way too many people are choosing a radical Christianity (or, no doubt, Judaism or Islam or ...) over science. A lot of those people also seem to think it's ok to impose their views on the rest of us. :(

This had been an unusually friendly discussion till you showed up. I do know logic pretty well and math better. Don’t expect us to complete your thoughts for you.

This had been an unusually friendly discussion till you showed up. I do know logic pretty well and math better. Don’t expect us to complete your thoughts for you.
You obvi need everything spelled out for you. The info is there. You can’t or choose not to think. I cannot comprehend for you. Now I know your camp.

#simpleton #godwinslaw

You might want to take an astronomy class. If you’re not that ambitious you might want to just Google solar system orbits. Have you ever heard of the television show The Big Bang ? Any idea where the name came from?

You might want to take an astronomy class. If you’re not that ambitious you might want to just Google solar system orbits. Have you ever heard of the television show The Big Bang ? Any idea where the name came from?
Where did the Big Bang come from?

What if no one ever existed ever?

took 2 semesters of it at IU.

got A's

How could you possibly know earth's orbit hasn't changed? There are several hypotheses that involve the solar system's planets moving around due to gravitational interactions.

i never said Earth's orbit has never changed. i said it hasn't degraded in 4 to 5 billion yrs.

how do i know this?

because if it had, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

DUH!

the rest of your post is mindless gibberish.

as humans, we revel in our brilliance to observe and discover hows thing work.

but we have zero answers to date as to how things got that way in the 1st place.

we judge all of our cumulative knowledge relative to how much we used to know, which always makes us look quite knowledgeable, relatively speaking.

but reality is, relatively speaking, we know almost nothing when you really think about it.

only slightly more than we used to.

i see the notion that there is a God who created all this as pretty difficult to believe.

i see this as all happening by chance, (and i only use the term "chance", because i know of no such term to describe the phenomena of "everything from nothingness") , as equally or more difficult to believe.

i claim no knowledge of how this all happened, just observing the inexplicable incredibleness of it.

the idea that it was all created by some super being is as credible, (or uncredible if you wish), as any other explanation.

that said, even if it was, that answers only one more question, (though a big one), of a still infinite number of questions.

Last edited:
You obvi need everything spelled out for you. The info is there. You can’t or choose not to think. I cannot comprehend for you. Now I know your camp.

#simpleton #godwinslaw
I won't get into an insulting match with you but I just Ignored you. Life's too short to use it that way.

i never said Earth's orbit has never changed. i said it hasn't degraded in 4 to 5 billion yrs.

how do i know this?

DUH!

One more person who probably can't debate so he insults; one more ignore, Bye bye.

That’s a really good list. Some additions

4) A holocaust reference (always a classic;))
5) Wall2Boogie is still an inbred toothless troll from Kentucky and God still hates him.
Ok, I have dentures so I have teeth. Furthermore, my family has class we don’t breed brothers and sisters anymore. its cousins now. Lastly, I think leal is the real deal. Him and Galloway will be good together

how do i know this?

DUH!

as humans, we revel in our brilliance to observe and discover hows thing work.

but we have zero answers to date as to how things got that way in the 1st place.

we judge all of our cumulative knowledge relative to how much we used to know, which always makes us look quite knowledgeable, relatively speaking.

but reality is, relatively speaking, we know almost nothing when you really think about it.

only slightly more than we used to.

i see the notion that there is a God who created all this as pretty difficult to believe.

i see this as all happening by chance, (and i only use the term "chance", because i know of no such term to describe the phenomena of "everything from nothingness") , as equally or more difficult to believe.

i claim no knowledge of how this all happened, just observing the inexplicable incredibleness of it.

the idea that it was all created by some super being is as credible, (or uncredible if you wish), as any other explanation.

that said, even if it was, that answers only one more question, (though a big one), of a still infinite number of questions.
Man's little mind can not comprehend all of this.
The odds of all living things and universe perfectly positioned to allow life to exist and flourish out of random chance makes no sense. Science by definition defines this as impossible.

Ok, I have dentures so I have teeth. Furthermore, my family has class we don’t breed brothers and sisters anymore. its cousins now. Lastly, I think leal is the real deal. Him and Galloway will be good together

Kudos. You can take a punch and absorb it without hitting back. I can respect that! Self-deprecating humor works well.

Now, if only you could write proper sentences...

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Kudos. You can take a punch and absorb it without hitting back. I can respect that! Self-deprecating humor works well.

Now, if only you could write proper sentences...
I can’t be triggered my man. I enjoy my time here, even if I’m one step above feepaw. At least I admit who I root for. I have fun being here

Reactions: RRgo
I hesitate to ask as I don't want some sort of string of crazy....however,

Has there been some sort of revival in the high school athletics population? All the time I read players thanking God in their tweets and such.

I stand by the appropriateness of this post. It was an honest question...that I thought might spur unrelated conversations (which I think are important; again, not the impetus for the post)...

I'd ask it again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT