ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Blinken Needs To Resign

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
I'm unsure as to who he thinks he's supposed to be working for but it's clear it's not American Citizens...

If he won't resign he needs to be impeached.

Last edited:
Looks like he's doing his level best to make certain he'll rise above Neville Chamberlain to reach the top of the "Worst Negotiators Ever" list:

He exudes weakness in dozens of ways. From the moment I saw his performance with the Chinese in Alaska, I thought he had a co-dependant personality. His comments about the Taliban have confirmed that. He says things that aren’t true, but I don’t think he is fundamentally dishonest, he just doesn’t grasp reality. I’ll take Hillary’s dishonesty any day. At least she has a strength of purpose and doesn’t show a desperate need for approval.

Reactions: DANC
He exudes weakness in dozens of ways. From the moment I saw his performance with the Chinese in Alaska, I thought he had a co-dependant personality. His comments about the Taliban have confirmed that. He says things that aren’t true, but I don’t think he is fundamentally dishonest, he just doesn’t grasp reality. I’ll take Hillary’s dishonesty any day. At least she has a strength of purpose and doesn’t show a desperate need for approval.
I'll take a hard pass on both of them...

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa

Hillary's dishonesty?

Isn't anymore dishonest than habitual liar trump

Limp-wristed and naive come to mind every time he opens his mouth.

You are a moron. Trump isn’t part of this discussion.

If they want to discuss the past rather than the present here's a pertinent article:

- and some background information of interest:

**Seems Clear that we've found one of the architects of this disaster...**

Last edited:
Looks like he's doing his level best to make certain he'll rise above Neville Chamberlain to reach the top of the "Worst Negotiators Ever" list:

The Taliban does have 7 billion reasons to cooperate with us, in the short-term.

I'm unsure as to who he thinks he's supposed to be working for but it's clear it's not American Citizens...

you mean the same Anthony Blinken who is a partner in the private equity firm Pine Island Capital Partners?

"What to know: Pine Island was formed in 2018 by former CIT Group and Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain, former Goldman Sachs buyout big Phil Cooper, and ex-Coca-Cola executive Clyde Tuggle. It focuses on mid-market companies in a variety of sectors, including aerospace and defense.

the revolving door
-----------------------------------------------------------------

as for US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin,

"Immediately after retiring as CENTCOM Commander, Austin joined the board of Raytheon Technologies, a military contractor, in April 2016.[41][42] As of October 2020, his Raytheon stock holdings were worth roughly $500,000 and his compensation, including stock, totaled $1.4 million.[41] On September 18, 2017, he was appointed to Nucor's board of directors.[43] On May 29, 2018, Austin was appointed as an independent director on the board of Tenet Healthcare.[44] He also operates a consulting firm and has been a partner at Pine Island Capital, an investment company with which Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Michèle Flournoy are affiliated.[45][41]"
------------------------------------------------------------------

it is what it is.

we didn't get where we are by accident.

as to any seeming incompetence by Blinken or Austin, see IGW's Razor.

IGW's Razor,

Never Attribute to Stupidity or Incompetence of Those With Power, That Which Is Adequately Explained by Malevolence and Greed and Corruption and Indifference.

Last edited:
you mean the same Anthony Blinken who is a partner in the private equity firm Pine Island Capital Partners?

"What to know: Pine Island was formed in 2018 by former CIT Group and Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain, former Goldman Sachs buyout big Phil Cooper, and ex-Coca-Cola executive Clyde Tuggle. It focuses on mid-market companies in a variety of sectors, including aerospace and defense.

the revolving door

"Immediately after retiring as CENTCOM Commander, Austin joined the board of Raytheon Technologies, a military contractor, in April 2016.[41][42] As of October 2020, his Raytheon stock holdings were worth roughly $500,000 and his compensation, including stock, totaled $1.4 million.[41] On September 18, 2017, he was appointed to Nucor's board of directors.[43] On May 29, 2018, Austin was appointed as an independent director on the board of Tenet Healthcare.[44] He also operates a consulting firm and has been a partner at Pine Island Capital, an investment company with which Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Michèle Flournoy are affiliated.[45][41]"

it is what it is.

Same guy...😣

the revolving door

it is what it is.

as to any seeming incompetence by Blinken or Austin, see IGW's Razor.

IGW's Razor,

Never Attribute to Stupidity or Incompetence of Those With Power, That Which Is Adequately Explained by Malevolence and Greed and Corruption and Indifference.
I take the opposite stance, stupidity and incompetence is more often than not the explanation. If you get out in the world and actually meet people, most aren't as Machiavellian as they are in your fever dreams. They're just dumb.

I take the opposite stance, stupidity and incompetence is more often than not the explanation. If you get out in the world and actually meet people, most aren't as Machiavellian as they are in your fever dreams. They're just dumb.

you totally ignored my "Those With Power" qualifier.

i'm not talking about the idiot at the bar which you are, i'm talking about the highest levels of power that not just anyone can ascend to.

malevolence, greed, corruption, and indifference, not incompetence or stupidity, absolutely are the forces at work here.

wake up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
or perhaps they aren't the "dumb" ones here.

we aren't talking about the idiot at the bar, we're talking about the highest levels of power that not just anyone can ascend to.

malevolence, greed, corruption, and indifference, not incompetence or stupidity, absolutely are the forces at work here.

wake up.
How does withdrawal from Afghanistan help Pine Islands Defense and Aerospace holdings exactly? How about grounding flights, what does that do?

You can’t draw a direct line to any of it, but you can babble about the revolving door and keep believing you’re the one who actually can see behind the curtain.

How does withdrawal from Afghanistan help Pine Islands Defense and Aerospace holdings exactly? How about grounding flights, what does that do?

You can’t draw a direct line to any of it, but you can babble about the revolving door and keep believing you’re the one who actually can see behind the curtain.

if the US had wanted the civilians and helpers and their families out first, before the military was evacuated, they would have gotten them out first.

if the US govt had wanted the billions in military weapons and equipment gotten out, instead of arming the Taliban who will also sell off a lot of it to other US enemies, they would have gotten that equipment out.

they didn't.

this isn't due to incompetence, and we could have, and still could, reverse anything at any time.

that you can't see behind the curtain is on you.

Last edited:
if the US had wanted the civilians and helpers and their families out first, before the military was evacuated, they would have gotten them out first.

if the US govt had wanted the billions in military weapons and equipment gotten out, instead of arming the Taliban who will also sell off a lot of it to other US enemies, they would have gotten that equipment out.

they didn't.

this isn't due to incompetence, and we could have, and still could, reverse anything at any time.

that you can't see behind the curtain is on you.
What is the rationale for leaving people and equipment behind? How does Blinken profit (from his divested holdings 🙄) off doing that?

I suppose your answer will be ultimately we will have to re-invade.

You’re just wrong. The precipitous pull out was because of a pig headed decision by Biden crammed down through the ranks causing an operational disaster. He’s been resentful ever since he felt that the Pentagon took advantage of a young Barack Obama and convinced him into staying in Afghanistan. He’s hates the ME wars and (baselessly) blames Beau’s death on burn pits.

He was going to be the one to get us out, realities on the ground be damned. A petty, small man is Biden.

Like I said, stupidity, vanity (another form of stupidity), grudges can explain this decision much easier than the moneyed interest dots you aren’t able to connect.

I don’t care about either. Just deal with Blinken. He’s relevant. It’s not that hard. If you think he’s doing a great job, fine.
Here goes nothing...

OP was about Blinken.
COH brought up Hillary.
Hickory brought up Trump.
You reacted to the guy who brought up the president from less than a year ago instead of the wife of a president from the last millennium, then weakly attempted to dodge the disconnect when it was pointed out.

Reactions: cosmickid
Here goes nothing...

OP was about Blinken.
COH brought up Hillary.
You reacted to the guy who brought up the president from less than a year ago instead of the wife of a president from the last millennium, then weakly attempted to dodge the disconnect when it was pointed out.
Hillary was a Democratic SOS and I said she was preferable to Blinken despite her dishonesty. Trump has nothing to do with the discussion.

You got the here goes nothing part correct.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Hillary was a Democratic SOS and I said she was preferable to Blinken despite her dishonesty. Trump has nothing to do with the discussion.

You got the here goes nothing part correct.
Oh, I thought you referred to HRC's dishonesty. When that bell is rung, you have to be ready for a little Trump talk. He's your cross to bear when trying to disparage others for their overall awfulness as human beings. Sorry...them's the rules.

Reactions: cosmickid

Don't know, but I disagree with the hot takes and stand firmly against Pols importing dozens of ISIS and Al Qaeda terrorists. We feel strongly that they are setting us up for another 9/11. Letting in tens of thousands of people without any documentation is beyond the pale. They don't know who got on the planes. Moreover, if I willingly choose to travel to North Korea the role of the government is not to bail me out. The government cannot be expected to evacuate people who ignore level 4 do not travel warnings to active war zones.

Don't know, but I disagree with the hot takes and stand firmly against Pols importing dozens of ISIS and Al Qaeda terrorists. We feel strongly that they are setting us up for another 9/11. Letting in tens of thousands of people without any documentation is beyond the pale. They don't know who got on the planes. Moreover, if I willingly choose to travel to North Korea the role of the government is not to bail me out. The government cannot be expected to evacuate people who ignore level 4 do not travel warnings to active war zones.

They didn't just leave American Citizens they left a bunch of interpreters who they had promised to get out...

I understand where you coming from and it's a valid concern but a much greater concern is who is/has already come across our southern border unveted...

The vetting issue is a just dodge to let State off the hook... There are plenty of guys who can vouch for the Interpreters..., and American Citizens can be easily vetted at non-CONUS location...

Here goes nothing...

OP was about Blinken.
COH brought up Hillary.
It’s just not that hard. I understand you guys want to talk about everything but Biden and his administration’s royal screw up.

Oh, I thought you referred to HRC's dishonesty. When that bell is rung, you have to be ready for a little Trump talk. He's your cross to bear when trying to disparage others for their overall awfulness as human beings. Sorry...them's the rules.
I gotta go with my side on this one. Comparing S.O.S. To S.O.S. is only to be expected.

Hickory decide to Leroy Jenkins with Trump because like COH said, he’s a moron.

9/11 wasn't an invasion, it was all done by a small group that could have done all their training other than the flying itself, in any home, motel room, or apt, in any country.

terrorist don't need a whole country to train.

as for the flying part, they trained for that in the US, not Afghanistan, but that training could be done anywhere, if not on You Tube or somewhere on the internet today.

that said, letting in 10s of thousands is worrisome, but we brought that problem on our self when we occupied Afghanistan for 20 yrs and involved natives in helping us.

any of those coming in could do something bad someday, but the same goes for anyone born here.

If Blinken is truly involved in blocking these flights out he has to go tomorrow...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT