ADVERTISEMENT

Another Trump whopper: why does he lie so much?

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
He claimed that Obama could not land in Philipines because they would not let him.

“And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines,” he said. “The relationship with the past administration was horrible... You know what happened. Many of you were there, and you never got to land. The plane came close but it didn’t land.”

Link

He claimed that Obama could not land in Philipines because they would not let him.

“And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines,” he said. “The relationship with the past administration was horrible... You know what happened. Many of you were there, and you never got to land. The plane came close but it didn’t land.”

Link
Because he's a lying liar who lies. Anyone who believes anything he says is an idiot.

Even though Hitler and Goebbels accused others of doing it even though it was they themselves, the answer to the question is "the big lie". People are used to being lied to with little lies, when one tells the obvious big lie and sticks to it, there is a tendency among many to believe it as there is no way someone would lie so brazenly and badly.

Hopefully those of us who believe Trump learn faster than the German people. They did not figure out the nazis were lying liars for a dozen years.

Link

It makes the people who voted for him feel really cool.

Funny you should mention that...

I was listening to Pod Save America yesterday talking about how countries have already figured out how easy it is to play Trump. Roll out the red carpet, massage his ego, and then get anything you want out of him. According to reports , he didn't even bring up human rights with Duerte. Just did the brownie circle with him.

He learned a long time ago that if you lie constantly, it's not even news when you do. It's just so expected, nobody bothers to even pay much attention when it happens.

I've never seen a public figure, or for that matter known anyone personally, that lies like this, without a second thought. If it's not a sign of mental illness, I'm not sure what it is.

He learned a long time ago that if you lie constantly, it's not even news when you do. It's just so expected, nobody bothers to even pay much attention when it happens.

I've never seen a public figure, or for that matter known anyone personally, that lies like this, without a second thought. If it's not a sign of mental illness, I'm not sure what it is.
It's a sign of a sociopath.

Let's file this under the 'somehow why are we not surprised' category:

Trump Organization worth one tenth of value previously reported
President's family business falls 37 places in ranking of largest privately held companies in New York.
The Trump Organization in New York is reportedly worth one tenth of the value it previously claimed.

Donald Trump's family business had previously ranked near the top of Crain's New York Business' list of largest privately held companies.

While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).
But this year it has fallen from number three to number 40 after the President disclosed the organisation's revenue to federal regulators.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nt-donald-trump-family-business-a8058236.html

Link
I wonder if he believes what he says or if he knows he's lying.

He's the best liar in President history. Will he brag about that?

He already did... in his book 30 years ago:

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

The Art of the Deal.

Reactions: meridian
Just an update on his lying rates:

Donald Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims since becoming President
That's an average of almost 6 claims per day

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...er-total-count-latest-president-a8055306.html
He’s increasing his lead over number two on the Presidential liar list, Bill Clinton, and he’s done it in less than a year. This is not what I wanted from a (so called) Republican President. If he doesn’t have Republican challengers in the primaries for the next election I will officially go Independent. I’m getting close already since I’m not happy with Republican politicians as a whole right now.

Reactions: sglowrider
I was wondering how long it would take until someone would pivot to a Clinton. :rolleyes:

He’s increasing his lead over number two on the Presidential liar list, Bill Clinton, and he’s done it in less than a year. This is not what I wanted from a (so called) Republican President. If he doesn’t have Republican challengers in the primaries for the next election I will officially go Independent. I’m getting close already since I’m not happy with Republican politicians as a whole right now.

I was wondering how long it would take until someone would pivot to a Clinton. :rolleyes:
Of course it would occur to you that Bill Clinton would be at the top of lying President list because it’s a bipartisan consensus that he was a very accomplished liar. You might say he was “an unusually good liar.” He was very good at it.

However, Trump lies at a record pace and he’s not even very good at it. Every lie he tells increases his lead over Bill. You should be happy - at this pace, Bill will eventually be considered Mr. Honesty in comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: iuwclurker1

Thats a tough on an ol skool Republican such as yourself. Its part of your identity and community. Its like changing families.

The thing is I cant see it getting any better even if they throw out Trump. He has seriously poisoned the well this time. The standards or moral standings/authority you have come to expect out of the leader of the country is so low and damaged now.

There will be axes to grind too in Congress and the precedence set from the last year... it won't be pretty... unless we have a War. That will unite people albeit temporarily!

Lots of man-cave time soon!

Thats a tough on an ol skool Republican such as yourself. Its part of your identity and community. Its like changing families.

The thing is I cant see it getting any better even if they throw out Trump. He has seriously poisoned the well this time. The standards or moral standings/authority you have come to expect out of the leader of the country is so low and damaged now.

There will be axes to grind too in Congress and the precedence set from the last year... it won't be pretty... unless we have a War. That will unite people albeit temporarily!

Lots of man-cave time soon!
I did it before. I was a Democrat until I was 31 years old. It was a gradual thing as it is this time. The difference is I’m not going to switch to the other party,

Reactions: sglowrider
This is really funny folks...

Trump telling to get in with her life when he mentions her in the media almost every other day!!

Hillary must feel like this..

Even though Hitler and Goebbels accused others of doing it even though it was they themselves, the answer to the question is "the big lie". People are used to being lied to with little lies, when one tells the obvious big lie and sticks to it, there is a tendency among many to believe it as there is no way someone would lie so brazenly and badly.

Hopefully those of us who believe Trump learn faster than the German people. They did not figure out the nazis were lying liars for a dozen years.

Isn’t it really stupid to compare anyone to Hitler? Have you studied anything about history? Any American who compares any other American to Hitler is just sick. I dad relatives tortured in Nazi extermination camps. You are way out of bounds. Shame on you!

Isn’t it really stupid to compare anyone to Hitler? Have you studied anything about history? Any American who compares any other American to Hitler is just sick. I dad relatives tortured in Nazi extermination camps. You are way out of bounds. Shame on you!
It's a legitimate comparison. Your relatives would understand.

I was talking about a specific activity, lying. Trump lies, lies totally without remorse. By lying about anything and everything brazenly, he gets away with it. That is all, no other comparisons to Hitler.

Now Mussolini comparisons... .

Now Mussolini comparisons... .
trump-mussolini.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT