ADVERTISEMENT

Another ride on the merry-go-round . . .

He's listed as the linebackers coach on the UH website.
My head is spinning. I have never seen so much moving around as college football assistants. My timing may be off but why didn't Taggert take Hiller to Oregon? It looks like Hiller was on the USF staff for the 2016 season. Thanks in advance.

We've lost some serious coaching firepower. Hope it works out. I'm skeptical.
Those guys were never going to stay here forever. It's part of the game. I mean I don't know how you can stand following college football if you worry about losing assistants. To be honest, I'm glad we hire assistants that are in demand.

Now Wilson was an odd situation, so I'll give you that. Honestly though, if we put a solid defense out there again, we'll be in better shape than we've been in for most of the last two decades.

This is not a big-time hire. I hope he comes in and does well, but based on his resume, it's a hire based on nepotism.

I trust DeBord - hopefully he mentors Nick to great success!
What? He's been a QB coach before. It's not like he's running the offense.

Just curious, who would you consider a "big time" hire for QB coach? Or any basic position coach that isn't a coordinator.

Those guys were never going to stay here forever. It's part of the game. I mean I don't know how you can stand following college football if you worry about losing assistants. To be honest, I'm glad we hire assistants that are in demand.

Now Wilson was an odd situation, so I'll give you that. Honestly though, if we put a solid defense out there again, we'll be in better shape than we've been in for most of the last two decades.

I don't worry about losing assistants. I worry about replacing them with lightweights.

Reactions: DANC
I don't worry about losing assistants. I worry about replacing them with lightweights.
Just can't see us being anything more than a 'stop over' school for the experienced proven assistants until we win on a consistent bssis.
Teams like Alabama,Ohio St, etc very rarely have to replace assistants for any other reason than for a guy leaving to be a HC somewhere.
Gotta win and these things tend to take care of themselves, just my opinion.

Last edited:
What? He's been a QB coach before. It's not like he's running the offense.

Just curious, who would you consider a "big time" hire for QB coach? Or any basic position coach that isn't a coordinator.
He was a GA for 3 years at Tennessee and had a couple 1 year stints as position coach. He's still in his 20s. He hasn't proved he can recruit QBs.

All I said was, he's not a big-time hire. Just because he's coached the position doesn't make him a big time hire.

If you think he was hired reason other than nepotism, please state why.

He was a GA for 3 years at Tennessee and had a couple 1 year stints as position coach. He's still in his 20s. He hasn't proved he can recruit QBs.

All I said was, he's not a big-time hire. Just because he's coached the position doesn't make him a big time hire.

It's QB coach, who do you expect them to hire? Of course DeBord is bringing him on because he's familiar with him and trusts his abilities. Hiller coached with Allen at Arkansas State, is that to be marked up as only nepotism as well? Assistants are brought on because someone somewhere developed a relationship with them and they built a trust. How is this different than when Wilson was hired and brought some low-level Oklahoma staffers with him to IU?

Reactions: 10yrProject
Thanks. I didn't know what Watson's role was so I thought I'd ask. Lot on Allen's plate right now.
Seriously? You live on this board and you didn't know what his role was???

Did you forget which ID you were posting under, Kern/Helen/Ordfan?
Good job on keeping them straight Dan!

200w.gif

You're on here quite a lot and don't seem to know much about anything other than not being able to stuff free food into your pockets at the recruiting function, right?

You're on here quite a lot and don't seem to know much about anything other than not being able to stuff free food into your pockets at the recruiting function, right?

DANC knows his stuff and has forgotten more than you'll ever know!

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

The only thing he forgot was to Google the subject before posting. Live by the Google, die by the Google.

It's QB coach, who do you expect them to hire? Of course DeBord is bringing him on because he's familiar with him and trusts his abilities. Hiller coached with Allen at Arkansas State, is that to be marked up as only nepotism as well? Assistants are brought on because someone somewhere developed a relationship with them and they built a trust. How is this different than when Wilson was hired and brought some low-level Oklahoma staffers with him to IU?
Um, I didn't say it was any different - I said it was not a big-time hire. As you said, Wilson brought some low-level staffers - you didn't consider those big-time hires, did you?

You guys need to just calm down.

To the point of recruiting QB's, Wilson couldn't do that either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT