ADVERTISEMENT

Another great game by Justin Smith.

A guy on Twitter tweeted at the public group that he was hoping Justin would blow out his knee two weeks ago.

Another guy tweeted at him that he was garbage, a div 3 player and hopes he transfers.

He's a f#$king sophomore people.

Are we really an intelligent fan base?

A guy on Twitter tweeted at the public group that he was hoping Justin would blow out his knee two weeks ago.

Another guy tweeted at him that he was garbage, a div 3 player and hopes he transfers.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are too stupid to realize how stupid they are. They lack the filter that people with rational thought and some form of education, perhaps the ability to think for themselves have. Sorry man. Trying to think through a problem, dead horse, ...

Yeah and every time I said that people said I was his dad or some other relative of his.

If he keeps it up I sure hope he doesn't leave. We'll need him if we miss on Brooks.

Reactions: ufo33
I am too stupid to realize my stupidity at times. I've been on Smiths case all year(although not vulgarly obviously.) So it's nice to see him get it together.
I'm in the same boat. He still does some maddening stuff, like the shot he threw up blind facing away from the bucket, but overall I think he's really improved. The benching seemed to have the desired effect.

Reactions: ufo33
I liked how he played under control. I liked his turnaround baseline shot he hit twice on. I liked how he didn't turn the ball over. It is so great to see a kid like this string some games together.

Definitely eating crow right now on Smith & Green, but it tastes pretty good.

Smith played the ideal type game for him. Really couldn't complain about shot selection, plus ran the court and picked up garbage baskets. 17 points, 7 rebs, 0 TOs. Wow.

Green---7 assists and no TOs? Are you serious? Also 4/6 shooting and 6 rebounds.

I will say things moved better and more efficiently when RP was in there, even with the 6/0 TO margin for DG. DG's game is to play good on ball D, rebound, and shoot 3s.....avoid those tear drop drives....defer to RP as the ball handler when you can. It did seem to me that he allowed RP to be the primary ball handler when both were in the game. Nice. If he plays like that you have to take some time from Al. Good Devonte>Al>bad Devonte.

A+ for RP, As for JS & DG

time to get that crow in the oven

Justin has what you can’t teach....he could be a long time NBA role player but he has a lot of basketball fundamentals to learn....but he has improved.

It come down to how much he wants it and how coachable he is.

His dad is his biggest issue

time to get that crow in the oven

I'm not saying it was wrong to be frustrated with Justin's play...he really struggled.

Just don't tweet at him that you want him to transfer or blow out your knee.

If I'm Justin I'll play for my team mate's but f#$k the fans after getting BS like that.

Anyway, Justin seems to have his shooting form kindof figured out and dropped a couple of really nice turnaround 10 footers last night.

You can see he confidence rise as his offensive game develops.

Remember he's just a sophomore.

Twitter is the devil.

It's ruining sports fandom and journalism.

JS needs to get a shooting instructor and develop a shooting practice routine this offseason. Not mandatory but a huge opportunity

Green and Smith seem to have a solid “connection” on the court. Don’t ask me how that’s even possible with all the issues those two have had this year, but multiple times last night they worked a little two-man game to perfection. I wouldn’t have believed it possible if I hadn’t seen it. Kindred spirits or something? Whatever, I hope they keep doing what they’re doing. This team is much better when those two are clicking.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I really like the kid's potential. He is a freak of nature athletically, he just needs a bit more polish/poise. These last few games have to be a confidence builder for him. When he's aggressive around the bucket offensively, good things happen. Yeah he's gonna eat a few, and yeah he's gonna make mistakes, but when he can stay confident and aggressive in spite of that is when he really makes positive contributions.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Green and Smith seem to have a solid “connection” on the court. Don’t ask me how that’s even possible with all the issues those two have had this year, but multiple times last night they worked a little two-man game to perfection. I wouldn’t have believed it possible if I hadn’t seen it. Kindred spirits or something? Whatever, I hope they keep doing what they’re doing. This team is much better when those two are clicking.

lol...you're right....I laughed my ass off on that look away pass by Green and one-handed slam by Smith....when you see that play you know its our night.

Reactions: mk23
I'm not saying it was wrong to be frustrated with Justin's play...he really struggled.

Just don't tweet at him that you want him to transfer or blow out your knee.

If I'm Justin I'll play for my team mate's but f#$k the fans after getting BS like that.

Anyway, Justin seems to have his shooting form kindof figured out and dropped a couple of really nice turnaround 10 footers last night.

You can see he confidence rise as his offensive game develops.

Remember he's just a sophomore.
hope he doesn't blame all fans on account of a couple of crackers

He even had the funniest moment of the game with the backwards shot.
I do recall that odd moment of desperation run amuck, thinking to myself, what was that, that which had no chance. I think the college game is finally slowing down for Smith and he's feeling more comfortable in in timing and knowing what he can and can't do...except for that one shot of questionable percentage.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I seriously hope Justin Smith has turned the corner and his suddenly good play the last few games is the new normal. It's like all of a sudden Smith and Green are both playing under control, making shots, and not committing turnovers. What happened?? But I like it!

Still taking a wait and see approach right now, but he seems to be well on his way to proving me wrong.
Both Green and Smith have a ton to offer this team if they are willing to play the game the way Archie demands they play. Hopefully the Illinois game goes a long way toward convincing both guys that they can have a huge impact on winning when they play with both effort and intelligence. They seem to be the two guys who have had the most difficulty adapting and/or buying in to the way Indiana basketball is going to be played under Archie Miller.

I'm sure we will have the answer at season's end. If they (either one or both) stay, it will be a great sign that they are on board and next season's prospects are a lot brighter. If either or both transfer it will confirm that he/they value the freedom to play as they wish more than the success of the team. That would be too bad and a setback for the program. In the long run though, you can't win with guys who aren't willing to submit to coaching.

He even had the funniest moment of the game with the backwards shot.
Aside from that dumb play, he ( and DeVonte) have really cut down on the mental errors. They have greatly improved their focus and concentration. That’s a key going forward for them and the team.

Reactions: 1U
I seriously hope Justin Smith has turned the corner and his suddenly good play the last few games is the new normal. It's like all of a sudden Smith and Green are both playing under control, making shots, and not committing turnovers. What happened?? But I like it!
This may be a reach, but I'm reminded of Landon Turner waking up toward the end of his junior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT