ADVERTISEMENT

Another dose of reality...from real doctors.

I’m sympathetic to that. But like the article I posted a few days ago, their business has been decimated by the pandemic, not a stay at home order.
In truth, for sure. But these guys don't see it that way. They see it as politicians F-ing them up now. why is my state open but the damn county is on lockdown for another month etc. it's the idiot county exec's fault....

I just said the same thing to a buddy of mine yesterday. They can't seem to fathom the fact that there isn't 50/50 "both siderism" when it comes to a pandemic. Again, I'd love to say f%ck 'em, but they're endangering my family and friends.

And totally off-topic, but what's with the idiots in body armor that covers about 1/4th of the guys' chests (because they're so damned fat) playing soldier at these astro-turf "protests"? Those fatties are the types that Covid-19 loves! I guess someone will finally have to pry their AR-15s from their cold, dead, morbidly obese, hands.

Why do so many right wingers want to find sources that say the virus isn’t serious? What is gained by that? Especially in light of the actual numbers and measures from across the globe. I honestly don’t get it.

Reactions: outside shooter
I just said the same thing to a buddy of mine yesterday. They can't seem to fathom the fact that there isn't 50/50 "both siderism" when it comes to a pandemic. Again, I'd love to say f%ck 'em, but they're endangering my family and friends.

And totally off-topic, but what's with the idiots in body armor that covers about 1/4th of the guys' chests (because they're so damned fat) playing soldier at these astro-turf "protests"? Those fatties are the types that Covid-19 loves! I guess someone will finally have to pry their AR-15s from their cold, dead, morbidly obese, hands.
The funny thing is if you jumped out from behind a bush screaming like a banshee they'd probably have a heart attack and you could pick up the AR-15 without prying.

Reactions: DrHoops
Hahaha!

I seriously would like to understand what goes through those morons' heads.

The funny thing is if you jumped out from behind a bush screaming like a banshee they'd probably have a heart attack and you could pick up the AR-15 without prying.

Are these Bakersfield doctors/urgent care owners speaking on behalf of scientific observations or as business owners who want to see a return of business as usual?

Reactions: hoosboot
Are these Bakersfield doctors/urgent care owners speaking on behalf of scientific observations or as business owners who want to see a return of business as usual?

Pretty sure it's B), hoot. Their "scientific" analysis in those videos is preciously thin.

4 days later, you still feeling okay?

More than likely this was just the particular poster stumbling across a social media post that affirmed their personal belief. I can find videos from "real doctors" that will argue for every bizarre conspiracy theory on earth. So ****ing what?

FWIW, I do believe that Kern County is where Mo lives. He told me that he found all the "diversity" of the very white and privileged Los Angeles westside unfathomable, so Kern County appears to have been more tolerable for him outside of the thoughtful calm of the state's well-informed Governor really making him uncomfortable.

Pretty sure it's B), hoot. Their "scientific" analysis in those videos is preciously thin.

4 days later, you still feeling okay?

Feeling normal. Thanks for asking.

Today is Charday.

Char is a professional chef who serves up new recipes on Wednesday for neighbors to taste and evaluate.

Proper spacing will be observed as has been our custom in recent weeks.

Today is Charday.

Char is a professional chef who serves up new recipes on Wednesday for neighbors to taste and evaluate.

What a cool thing. Your neighborhood sounds awesome. Enjoy!

5ea883a63000004a10155131.jpeg

I think the medical professionals in the pic should wear dirty scrubs and hug this woman repeatedly. Then we can see how steadfast her opposition to a vaccine really is... Guessing that's Trump on her shirt

Here's a dose of reality from a 60 year old Ohio guy who a month ago posted this....

McDaniel angrily dismissed coronavirus concerns last month and said Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order was “bulls--t.”

“Does anybody have the guts to say this COVID-19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong,” he wrote March 13 on Facebook.

Days later, the Republican governor announced a stay-at-home order.

“He doesn’t have that authority. If you are paranoid about getting sick just don’t go out. It shouldn’t keep those of us from living our lives,” McDaniel wrote. “The madness has to stop.”

That was a month ago.

He died from Corona virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/04/ohio-man-dies-of-coronavirus-after-calling-it-a-political-ploy.html?outputType=amp

It seems noteworthy that he was the first fatality from his county. Maybe the first Darwin Award winner as well...

Reactions: TommyCracker
I am going in for an antibodies test on the 5th of May to see if I've been exposed. I had a slight cough for some reason (allergies, a cold?) and they wanted to make sure I didn't have the virus currently. The drive up test took about 3 minutes. I pulled up on the corner of Michigan Ave and Lake Street. No talking allowed. They were dressed in space suits, I was sitting in my car with my drivers' licence on the dash. I swabbed my throat, put it into a tube, sealed it up and that was it. 24 hours later, I found out I had no virus.

So now I'm curious to know if I have been exposed at some point. About 5 weeks ago I had a headache, slight fever, but no cough. In general, very mild flu symptoms. It was gone in 3 days. I hope I have the antibodies. That would be a real relief, provided that actually means you can't get it again after you've had it once. That seems to be up for debate.

Today is Charday.

Here's a dose of reality from a 60 year old Ohio guy who a month ago posted this....

McDaniel angrily dismissed coronavirus concerns last month and said Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order was “bulls--t.”

“Does anybody have the guts to say this COVID-19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong,” he wrote March 13 on Facebook.

Days later, the Republican governor announced a stay-at-home order.

“He doesn’t have that authority. If you are paranoid about getting sick just don’t go out. It shouldn’t keep those of us from living our lives,” McDaniel wrote. “The madness has to stop.”

That was a month ago.

He died from Corona virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/04/ohio-man-dies-of-coronavirus-after-calling-it-a-political-ploy.html?outputType=amp

McDaniel was a moron and paid the price. But some people are too stupid to learn, even when reality smacks them in the face with a 2x4...

How stupid do you have to be if you attend an Open NC protest after hearing about Audrey Whitlock. This MORON is a main organizer of OPEN NC, and in fact, runs its FB page. She was curious to see if she had been exposed, so she had the antibody test. No symptoms- just curiosity...thinking maybe what she had 2 mos ago in Feb was COVID-19 and had left antibodies...

No presence of antibodies, but indications she had COVID-19. CDC test confirmed she had COVID, even though she was asymptomatic. She self-isolated for 2 weeks and skipped 2 rallies in the process, but NOW she is preparing to return to attending rallies...

So she is positive proof that infected people can be asymptomatic and NOT produce antibodies, which she seems to be ignoring. She is also ignoring the fact that there have been multiple instances of positive people posting negative and then subsequent tests coming back positive. There have even been cases where people were thought to be "cured" and later died. And she's not even being re-tested- just jumping back into her routine of endangering unsuspecting others just because her 14-day quarantine has expired. She can't even say she "feels better"- since she never had any symptoms in the first place...

People are so cavalier about exposing others. Many of the folks attending these rallies are (based on photos) pretty vulnerable, and practically none are wearing masks or practicing proper distancing. I doubt she'll wear a mask,and I wonder how many people who interact with her at the rally will know her story?

https://www.wfae.org/post/reopen-nc-organizer-had-covid-19-says-she-didnt-attend-rallies#stream/0

According to the link, she planned to attend THIS rally yesterday (quarantine ended on Sun)

protest.jpg

Today is Charday.

Pics or it didn’t happen

Oh for sure. They’ll be guest speakers at CPAC and the #NewGOP convention. The #NewGOP loves stupid...especially if it’s in support of the latest War on _______.
Yabbut, it's Fauci and Newsome and Gates who are getting all the shit. How does Trump not get any on him? This stuff makes my head hurt.

I read this article on Slate today. I think it's a pretty good explanation as to why no matter how ridiculous or insane a thing Trump does, it rolls right off of him:

"Trump is beloved by his base supporters because he alienates everyone else, even if that alienation is the result of objective failures like suggesting that you can cure disease by injecting disinfectant into the human body. He is, truly, always spiraling and increasingly unhinged, but he never comes fully loose. He is Zeno’s President, halfway closer to being abandoned, then halfway closer again, heading for the target by a process that guarantees he can never reach it: a stupid paradox for our stupid era."

His supporters simply don't care.

Yabbut, it's Fauci and Newsome and Gates who are getting all the shit. How does Trump not get any on him? This stuff makes my head hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thyrsis
I read this article on Slate today. I think it's a pretty good explanation as to why no matter ridiculous or insane thing Trump does, it rolls right off of him:
LOL. "Zeno's President." Priceless. I love it.

I read Slate, and had seen that headline, but hadn't gotten around to reading the article.

Reactions: DrHoops
I didn't read any of this thread. I don't need to. I'm going to guess the end result is "Mo's a dumbass."

Someone tell me how close I am to the bullseye.

So you don't read the thread. Instead you stick your finger up your ass and flick fecal material at your screen. This is how you think.

Same goes for the likes and other replies to your post.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...-its-hospitals-will-shift-back-to-normal.html

Yealy said only 2% percent of the UPMC system’s 5,500 beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients and the number of new COVID-19 patients is declining.

“There is a big difference between 0.25% mortality and 7%,” Yealy said.
This is my backyard. People are social distancing here quite well and it’s no surprise that the curve is flattened here. We also have a large elderly population (for some reason people never leave here) so the community is being extra careful.

Reactions: UncleMark
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...-its-hospitals-will-shift-back-to-normal.html

Yealy said only 2% percent of the UPMC system’s 5,500 beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients and the number of new COVID-19 patients is declining.

“There is a big difference between 0.25% mortality and 7%,” Yealy said.

The question I keep asking myself is whether exaggerating the dangers is creating problems, say economically, or saving lives as we take precations.

This is my backyard. People are social distancing here quite well and it’s no surprise that the curve is flattened here. We also have a large elderly population (for some reason people never leave here) so the community is being extra careful.

Anecdotally I’ve found that the older folks are being much more reckless. The younger people with families are doing a good job and the older boomers are not abiding at all. I assume it has a lot to do with where they are getting their “news”.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
The question I keep asking myself is whether exaggerating the dangers is creating problems, say economically, or saving lives as we take precations.

My guess is the answer is likely "both". It's obviously a difficult problem and decision. At some point, the benefits of saving elderly lives and those with underlying conditions becomes irresponsible to attempt to achieve, from an economic standpoint.

Anecdotally I’ve found that the older folks are being much more reckless. The younger people with families are doing a good job and the older boomers are not abiding at all. I assume it has a lot to do with where they are getting their “news”.
Anecdotally, meaning my MIL, your experience matches mine. She literally is driving from store to store multiple times per week and spouting off everything Rush is telling her about this.

She has hypertension and her husband is recovering from bladder cancer. The stupidity is unreal.

The young people here are protecting these certain dumb dumbs from themselves.

My guess is the answer is likely "both". It's obviously a difficult problem and decision. At some point, the benefits of saving elderly lives and those with underlying conditions becomes irresponsible to attempt to achieve, from an economic standpoint.

JDB, definitely agree with you except to add, younger folks might not die from the virus, but by not going to work they might have avoided getting sick.

In other words, the lock down is preventing young people from getting sick with a small percent dying.

Lots more sick younger workers without the lock down would haven taken a toll on the economy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT