ADVERTISEMENT

Another article about Archie's future

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
This one lays out a case of how we could be stuck with him next year and look forward to continuing to be conference bottom feeders who miss out on the postseason for the 5th straight season

This one lays out a case of how we could be stuck with him next year and look forward to continuing to be conference bottom feeders who miss out on the postseason for the 5th straight season

It makes no sense to keep him at this point. The fan base has obviously had it with Miller. After being booed off the court and all the message boards I’ve seen are either outright calling for Miller’s head, or at least asking why he should be kept, how do you keep a guy after that? Not to mention even casual fans I know are saying Miller should be let go. I’ve seen/heard more disdain for Miller than I did for Crean.

Reactions: IUgradman and iulb
I enjoyed this part of the comment made by “Bear”:

“Your call to can Miller (and the call of other so-called IU fans) is premature at best. If Dolson’s decision is to stick with Miller another year, I support it. If it happens, another ho-hum year (if it happens) is no big deal. Who knows, they might surprise the Hell out of us; all of the pressure is off. Regardless of what happens, IU will remain an important basketball program, and Dolson will have a year+ to find a good fit for IU.”

Reactions: RunninRichie
He won’t quit because of money. But the dude should try to find himself a new job. I mean that’s best for him as well.

If Dolson doesn't have the cahones to fire this useless coach, he is a big pu$$y and needs to take a hike as well.

“While Dolson is the AD, hiring a basketball coach at IU is a decision made by the university as a hulking bureaucratic machine. The days of an individual making this call in a vacuum are over. Donors, trustees, student-athletes, and the university president work together to make certain all voices are heard and respected.”

Jesus ****ing Christ. We’re doomed.

“While Dolson is the AD, hiring a basketball coach at IU is a decision made by the university as a hulking bureaucratic machine. The days of an individual making this call in a vacuum are over. Donors, trustees, student-athletes, and the university president work together to make certain all voices are heard and respected.”

Well, that does explain a lot.

Reactions: iuhoosierstildeath

Most of those individuals don’t understand the first damn thing about what makes a good coach or even the intricacies of the sport of basketball. What a ridiculous way to hire a coach.

This article is a catch 22 point of view...I get it.....but why does catch 22 seem to live in Bloomington and nowhere else? IU is in a pickle because it allows itself to be in a pickle.

Reactions: IUgradman
Did that many of you truly believe it was Dolsons decision to be made? A brand new abs relatively inexperienced AD? I’ve always understood it was an admin decision which is why it’s s jacked.

i think most understand that....but Dolson is the delivery boy...everybody knows he will be taking questions when the verdict is announced.....not some BoT members in a conference room.

Reactions: IUgradman
i think most understand that....but Dolson is the delivery boy...everybody knows he will be taking questions when the verdict is announced.....not some BoT members in a conference room.

They need to let me do this shit for them. God I’d kill to know the budget of our next coach. It has to be 6-7 million +. If I had that budget I’d knock this hire out of the park.

Been saying this for quite a while. This was never Dolson’s call, just like Crean was never Glass’s call. That’s not how IU works.

Reactions: BHAII
I bet you would Panama Red

Few things in life I know I am good at, negotiations is one of them. I negotiate million dollar deals every day, just in the energy industry. Panama red is the best sativa I’ve ever had and I fired on all cylinders when that was in my blood stream.

Most of those individuals don’t understand the first damn thing about what makes a good coach or even the intricacies of the sport of basketball. What a ridiculous way to hire a coach.

Before you get upset, do critical thinking of the article itself. Why would frigging Kent Sterling know the first thing about how IU hires basketball coaches? Was there even a single shred of investigative reporting or a quote in the article? Has there ever been an example of a student-athlete helping to make a coach firing decision?

Maybe if you count native son Todd Yeagley coming back to take over for Mike Freitag. But otherwise, never of heard of such a thing.

I think Kent Sterling has decided to write his opinion down and call it an article.

If I were a reporting seeking some real meat for such an article, I'd go interview Barry Alverez about IU's situation. Or talk to Gene Keady. Get an opinion from someone who knows a lot about fielding competitive teams in the Big Ten and what it takes for an AD to do it.

He won’t quit because of money. But the dude should try to find himself a new job. I mean that’s best for him as well.

what world do you live in that someone walks away from millions of dollars because its ”good” for the company? Pay the man and fire him or let him stay and make his checks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT