ADVERTISEMENT

Another 12 point lead...

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
...turns into another nail-biter with 4.6 seconds to go. Just tenths of a second away from going into overtime.

Can't figure out why we can't keep the pedal on the gas last in the second half of games.

Just stumps me totally.

SouthBendJim

Not a mentally strong team

and it seems like they let up when they get a comfortable lead. Also CTC subbing hurts the flow of the game and whe it seems like we get going then he brings in two or three new players.

wow... said same thing on chat link and post got deleted....

it must be ok to say on the free forum though.... yes mental toughness is not something that CTC teaches his teams... RMK was the master at making mentally tough teams.... don't get me started about the subbing.... CTC must not be too concerned about W's....

To extend a lead you must be able to make stops and rebound the ball. Also not make silly turnovers. All 3 we failed to do at the wrong times
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not the first year for this problem under Crean

The lack of mental toughness, the poor decisions, the lack of fundamentals like blocking out, the inability to inbound the ball, settling for a desperation shot coming out of a timeout, guards that can't stay in front of anyone, .... these things have been around since Tom came to town.

Zeller bought Crean a few extra years but ultimately it will not end well for Tom at IU... but he will be fine.

damn... that's a mouthful.... unfortunately true...

just cannot be satisfied with these performances.... too many fundamental issues, especially this late in the season... hope this post doesn't get deleted....

Hartmans blown layup and the messed up 2-1 break

Stopped us from closing it out. Have to get better but it's a win.

BUT...

Unlike last year, we find a way to pull them out and get the W. Last year, we turned the ball over way more at the end of games and hand wins to B10 opponents. Season is still young, but there seems to be a little more maturity to the team.

best optimistic post yet.... thanks....

I believe you are correct about handing opponents B1G wins.... this year, IU is not doing that.... they are making it scary finishes... but good finishes none--the-less..... thank you....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT