ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers keep talking about IU shooting and Rutger defense..

VanHoosier

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2002
Our guys are missing wide open looks... nothing to do with Rutgers... announcers are so stupid.

Our guys are missing wide open looks... nothing to do with Rutgers... announcers are so stupid.
We need to come to realization. That they are tons of DIII players that can shoot better than our guards. As pointed out we can even hit uncontested shots

We need to come to realization. That they are tons of DIII players that can shoot better than our guards. As pointed out we can even hit uncontested shots

There are kids in a pickup game at the HPER building that shoot better than this team. But, Archie keeps letting them do their thing. Why not put in Bybee? Could he honestly be any worse?

We have a hard working team that can’t shoot. It’s hard to watch. RU is a good club so I take nothing away from them. They are trending up and good for them.
Got to be hard as a coach because you cannot shoot it for them regardless of preparation. Go Hoosiers! I’ll keep rooting for them.

Reactions: Coachlosekamp
Rutgers may have a good defense, but they didn't need it or it wasn't the difference in this game. Our shooting and turnovers lost this game.

When I say shooting, it is not only the missing open shots, but sending players that haven't shot well all season out with obvious instructions to keep firing up 3 point shots.

TJD was ineffective but Joey was in the first half. I suppose you could credit defense for them disappearing in the second half. Archie putting TJD on the bench may be a signal that there was an effort issue or that our best player wasn't ready to play.

I believe we gave up 18 points on our turnovers. Rutgers only scored 59. We didn't turn the ball over due to the defense. We have played better defenses. We turned the ball over because we weren't ready to play. We can blame Archie for that.

The players share the blame as there isn't one player taking charge on the court. They play with their mouths closed and blank looks on their faces, They look like Zombies and they play like them too!

Rutgers may have a good defense, but they didn't need it or it wasn't the difference in this game. Our shooting and turnovers lost this game.

When I say shooting, it is not only the missing open shots, but sending players that haven't shot well all season out with obvious instructions to keep firing up 3 point shots.

TJD was ineffective but Joey was in the first half. I suppose you could credit defense for them disappearing in the second half. Archie putting TJD on the bench may be a signal that there was an effort issue or that our best player wasn't ready to play.

I believe we gave up 18 points on our turnovers. Rutgers only scored 59. We didn't turn the ball over due to the defense. We have played better defenses. We turned the ball over because we weren't ready to play. We can blame Archie for that.

The players share the blame as there isn't one player taking charge on the court. They play with their mouths closed and blank looks on their faces, They look like Zombies and they play like them too!

Agreed on the defense part. They beat us with penetration and lob or penetration and kick in several instances.

They only attempted 49 shots and shot ~48%. In Big Ten play, they’d averaged ~10-12 more shot attempts per game. They took the air out of the ball midway through the second half (which almost cost them BTW, they went flat). The 59 points was more a result of pace of play than our defense though.

TJD appeared to have checked out.....had the Romeo look of indifference on the bench.....played 16 minutes.

TJD appeared to have checked out.....had the Romeo look of indifference on the bench.....played 16 minutes.
He is he last player I expected to do that. It isn't a good sign that a freshman was our most highly energized player to begin with. If he doesn't bounce back at Nebraska, I see a meltdown like last year.

Agreed on the defense part. They beat us with penetration and lob or penetration and kick in several instances.

They only attempted 49 shots and shot ~48%. In Big Ten play, they’d averaged ~10-12 more shot attempts per game. They took the air out of the ball midway through the second half (which almost cost them BTW, they went flat). The 59 points was more a result of pace of play than our defense though.
They made 3 alley oop dunks and a couple uncontested dunks in the second half. You never see a team able to embarrass another that way. Most teams would take pride in themselves.

He is he last player I expected to do that. It isn't a good sign that a freshman was our most highly energized player to begin with. If he doesn't bounce back at Nebraska, I see a meltdown like last year.

I totally expected to lose, this is not a very talented team and it doesn't help when you don't play hard. Completely predictable as I thought it would be days ago. No NCAA again, might as well start a new coach search thread, it's more interesting than bemoaning bad basketball that hasn't changed in 3 years and is likely getting worse. They just aren't good, and for 3.5M a year they should be very competitive by now. So who's next?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT