ADVERTISEMENT

Animal communication

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
Are there any on this board believe that animals or birds communicate with each other as we humans? I believe they do. We humans are too stupid to understand them. An example was a day at the golf course.The number 5 green has a pond in front of it with a sand trap on the right front. A mother goose with her 4 babies were swimming in the pond. Father goose was in the trap. Mother lets out a couple of honks and heads to the bank with 3 young ones in single file behind her, Dad lets out a honk Mother looks up and there goes her other young one swimming to the end of the pond. Mother jumps in with a lot of honking and goes after the little fart with a lot of honking in his ear. The problem child turns back as fast as his legs could swim and takes his place with his brothers and sisters. I have often wondered how this problem child made out in life.

No doubt birds do. Anytime i walk on my deck a particular nearby bird does a particular "call". Never notice the same type of chirp otherwise, even when i have the door open.

Are there any on this board believe that animals or birds communicate with each other as we humans? I believe they do. We humans are too stupid to understand them. An example was a day at the golf course.The number 5 green has a pond in front of it with a sand trap on the right front. A mother goose with her 4 babies were swimming in the pond. Father goose was in the trap. Mother lets out a couple of honks and heads to the bank with 3 young ones in single file behind her, Dad lets out a honk Mother looks up and there goes her other young one swimming to the end of the pond. Mother jumps in with a lot of honking and goes after the little fart with a lot of honking in his ear. The problem child turns back as fast as his legs could swim and takes his place with his brothers and sisters. I have often wondered how this problem child made out in life.

I know trout communicate. Whenever I approach a stream, I know the word goes out "Here comes CO.Hoosier, don't eat anything that looks like a caddis nymph."

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’ve watched a number of documentaries about orcas. Each group or “pod” has distinct “language”, which is one reason why it’s difficult for an orca to be set free from a tank somewhere to join up with a pod. They speak a different language. Also, when a baby orca is separated from their mother, the mother will sometimes cry out in a type of call that is for long distance communication. They thi k their calf has been taken far away, so they use a special type of language to try to reach out (it’s pretty heartbreaking). They also use their communication to coordinate their hunts, since they hunt in packs.

this is one of the best:

Animal groups, or animal families, in the wild very often have designated "lookouts" to spot predators, alerting the rest of the group to the danger, by verbal communication. I love the nature shows like the ones on BBC America, and this is common.

There’s an orangutan at the Zoo that chatters incessantly, as if people understand him. Many of the people who visit the zoo are convinced they understand this animal. The zookeepers even gave him a cell phone and now he gets up and tweets in the middle of the night…
There’s a documentary called unlocking the cage. Lawyer fighting for elephants, chimps, dolphins, and whales in light of their intellect.

ADVERTISEMENT