ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Nembhard

Ehhh. 30% from 3.

much better 3 point percentage than Romeo and Romeo was better than hastons for IU. Hell with a % like that you should want him to come in and lead the team in 3s taken, I mean that’s what romeo did and he was the best player ever for us.

Dude, face it: Romeo's just not gay. You shouldn't have taken his rebuke so personally.

Can you blame me, getting over that can take years!!! think about all the signed underwear on your fellow rival brothers walls!!

much better 3 point percentage than Romeo and Romeo was better than hastons for IU. Hell with a % like that you should want him to come in and lead the team in 3s taken, I mean that’s what romeo did and he was the best player ever for us.
Dude....we are not talking Romeo. This kid is healthy Romeo wasn’t. Get it? Got it? Stop justifying your crappy post and point. We Do Not Care.

Dude....we are not talking Romeo. This kid is healthy Romeo wasn’t. Get it? Got it? Stop justifying your crappy post and point. We Do Not Care.

Just sad that that will be the narrative from folks like you going forward. He was injured!!! It gets worse every day since he stopped playing. What about all the other players that played through minor injuries and excelled?

Just sad that that will be the narrative from folks like you going forward. He was injured!!! It gets worse every day since he stopped playing. What about all the other players that played through minor injuries and excelled?

What is your thing with Romeo? Really, it is sounding like he did rebuke you or stole your GF or something, Damn.

Romeo is gone, get off the horse, it is dead. Good grief.

What is your thing with Romeo? Really, it is sounding like he did rebuke you or stole your GF or something, Damn.

Romeo is gone, get off the horse, it is dead. Good grief.

hard horse to get off of, I dunno what it was about him. The fact that I don’t think he tried his hardest or the fan base that adores him for it.

he 100% would have went to LOU if the hookers didn’t pop up in the media and Ricky was coaching. IU was an easy move because he needed to stay adidas. He wasn’t all in on IU. He stopped playing to make sure he didn’t hurt his draft stock.

people love him and it erks me. Hanner use to erk me. VJ3, and Hartman Just certain players get too much credit when it becomes acceptable to crap on others. like green for example, a 4 year Hoosier.

hard horse to get off of, I dunno what it was about him. The fact that I don’t think he tried his hardest or the fan base that adores him for it.

he 100% would have went to LOU if the hookers didn’t pop up in the media and Ricky was coaching. IU was an easy move because he needed to stay adidas. He wasn’t all in on IU. He stopped playing to make sure he didn’t hurt his draft stock.

people love him and it erks me. Hanner use to erk me. VJ3, and Hartman Just certain players get too much credit when it becomes acceptable to crap on others. like green for example, a 4 year Hoosier.

Any IU fans that I know think he underachieved on the court but.... there is more than just the on-court arena that Romeo was excellent. He represented IU well at least according to public knowledge. IMO, the fact that he came to IU, made IU cool again to high school players. "Who knows, maybe we don't get TJD or Lander without Romeo. He continues to talk highly of IU and represent IU (the lining of his coat at the draft) and that certainly can't hurt.

You dismiss his injury and say "What about all the other players that played through minor injuries and excelled?". If he had sprained an ankle or had a pulled muscle I could agree with your assertion but he hurt his thumb. You know on your hand, the things that hold the ball when you shoot! And it required surgery in the off season so he wasn't just milking a minor injury. At least in my book, if it requires surgery, it ain't minor!

Any IU fans that I know think he underachieved on the court but.... there is more than just the on-court arena that Romeo was excellent. He represented IU well at least according to public knowledge. IMO, the fact that he came to IU, made IU cool again to high school players. "Who knows, maybe we don't get TJD or Lander without Romeo. He continues to talk highly of IU and represent IU (the lining of his coat at the draft) and that certainly can't hurt.

You dismiss his injury and say "What about all the other players that played through minor injuries and excelled?". If he had sprained an ankle or had a pulled muscle I could agree with your assertion but he hurt his thumb. You know on your hand, the things that hold the ball when you shoot! And it required surgery in the off season so he wasn't just milking a minor injury. At least in my book, if it requires surgery, it ain't minor!

obviously Romeo is not bird, but was more praised coming out of HS. There were people saying he was gonna be the #1 pick in the draft when he was in HS. He legit had autograph sessions held for himself after games.

Larry’s hands were always more hurt than romeos. Always. Romeo had a hurt hand in HS As well and wore the same wrapping on his shooting hand. Could have addressed it then if it was major.

obviously Romeo is not bird, but was more praised coming out of HS. There were people saying he was gonna be the #1 pick in the draft when he was in HS. He legit had autograph sessions held for himself after games.

Larry’s hands were always more hurt than romeos. Always. Romeo had a hurt hand in HS As well and wore the same wrapping on his shooting hand. Could have addressed it then if it was major.
No one said he was going to be the #1 pick besides maybe some blind IU fans. That’s ignorant.

No one said he was going to be the #1 pick besides maybe some blind IU fans. That’s ignorant.

no it’s not. He actually had autograph sessions after games. There wasn’t a person in southern IN who would have said he didn’t have the potential to be the number one pick. He was gonna be better than Gordon. All this was said.

no it’s not. He actually had autograph sessions after games. There wasn’t a person in southern IN who would have said he didn’t have the potential to be the number one pick. He was gonna be better than Gordon. All this was said.
You live in a bubble. No reasonable person outside that little bubble said he would be the #1 pick. Never.

You live in a bubble. No reasonable person outside that little bubble said he would be the #1 pick. Never.

I don’t live in southern Indiana, I read what they post on the internet. So that isn’t my bubble. I would venture to say I have experienced and have seen more in my time on this earth than you have, double the time, in yours.

This is a different day and age from Birds. The social media and all the websites didn't even exist in Birds day.

Did Bird have surgery on his hands?

There is a BIG difference between hands that hurt and a tendon that needs surgical repair. You think he went through that for shits an giggles?

While we are at it, HOW IN THE HELL do you know that "Larry’s hands were always more hurt than romeos. Always."????

If he did have an issue in HS, maybe, just maybe it was deemed not the level to need surgery and then he exacerbated the injury at IU. One thing for sure, Boston didn't pay for him to have surgery for a non-existent condition.

This is a different day and age from Birds. The social media and all the websites didn't even exist in Birds day.

Did Bird have surgery on his hands?

There is a BIG difference between hands that hurt and a tendon that needs surgical repair. You think he went through that for shits an giggles?

While we are at it, HOW IN THE HELL do you know that "Larry’s hands were always more hurt than romeos. Always."????

If he did have an issue in HS, maybe, just maybe it was deemed not the level to need surgery and then he exacerbated the injury at IU. One thing for sure, Boston didn't pay for him to have surgery for a non-existent condition.
Just bet him. He’s a big gambler! Lol

Reactions: jimmygoiu
This thread devolved, like most do here.

Back to Nembhard... those of you saying we should “pass”, are really showing you don’t watch much basketball.

He’d likely be one of the better guards in the Big Ten from day one. He’s not Steph Curry, but he’s a really good guard.

It’s likely a moot point because he’s looking at schools like Duke and Gonzaga right now. Which of late, as in the last 20 or so years of late, we haven’t really won many recruiting battles against schools like that.

But to say we shouldn’t go after him because of his 3P percentage...assuming CAM thinks he’d be a good fit for his program...is laughable.

Back to Nembhard... those of you saying we should “pass”, are really showing you don’t watch much basketball.

He’d likely be one of the better guards in the Big Ten from day one. He’s not Steph Curry, but he’s a really good guard.

It’s likely a moot point because he’s looking at schools like Duke and Gonzaga right now. Which of late, as in the last 20 or so years of late, we haven’t really won many recruiting battles against schools like that.

But to say we shouldn’t go after him because of his 3P percentage...assuming CAM thinks he’d be a good fit for his program...is laughable.
We already have two point guards and three additional ball handlers.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Good post. Most on here live in a pretty small bubble that is located outside reality.

We already have two point guards and three additional ball handlers.

Don’t care. You don’t ever pass on ball players at his level. Again, assuming all the requisite stuff like him being a good teammate, good person, etc...

Obviously you might not spend a lot of time recruiting him, because of the things you say. But if it’s apparent he’s interested, you go after him and figure out how to make it all work if you land him.

Reactions: IULouie
ADVERTISEMENT