ADVERTISEMENT

And you thought Trump was bad...

If you are pro-GOP, you are anti-veteran. If you are anti-veteran **** off and die.
I am anti-war but pro-vet, and that's a big reason I vote the way I do. Both of my grandfathers served. One of them in 3 wars, and retired as a CSM. Dad served briefly, but it was after the pullout started, so he basically just had an extended vacation in Germany. Had some great stories, though. But it was him more than anyone who steered me away from the military, despite the long family tradition.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
@Univee2: Luckily for him goats cannot testify against him.

goat-head-e1318855981712.jpg

Reactions: Lucy01
@burnthemallralphie Here is my favorite military story, one for the grunts.

My dad was in charge of sorting the mail on his base in Germany. As a consequence of this job, he had a higher security clearance than his immediate superior - some kind of lieutenant, I think (forgive me if I get any terminology or procedure confused; I'm not sure exactly how it worked). Also, his superior really, really didn't like him. Anyway, one day the mail was backed up, and his superior walked by to give him shit for falling behind. Then he offered to come in and help him. My dad told him, "Sorry, sir, you don't have clearance to be in this room. I can't let you." Dude got offended, said some things, and stepped through the door, so my dad pulled his sidearm on him. The guy swore up and down that he'd have my dad in front of a court martial for pulling a weapon on an officer, but when he went to the base commander, he walked out with a reprimand on his own jacket instead.

TWSS.

Are you going to change your handle back to Artie?

No. What I'm going to do is end my participation in this thread. Most of the people I'm fighting with I like. That's why I've always despised politics on the OTF. I'll be back if and when it gets back to normal.

And there are still US military forces there. Would you call that a failure or a success?

Well, since we ugh dropped two nukes on them, and fire bombed every city with major populations, subjugating the civilian population and taking away their will to fight, thus actually winning the war. That was a success. Wars are not won solely on battlefields. That's how you win a war, you kill the civilians until they can't take anymore and stop fighting back, or you rape the all women and plant your seed in their population. either works. The Russians did both. This whole idea of "nice" wars where the people we conquer will love Coca Cola and Disney so much they become Mericanized is just asinine. Hearts and minds doesn't work, until you destroy the will. In the current political climate fighting in that manner is seen as unacceptable. So, we can't win these wars, not in the manner we fight them, and if we can't, it's a waste of time, money and lives.

Last edited:
No. What I'm going to do is end my participation in this thread. Most of the people I'm fighting with I like. That's why I've always despised politics on the OTF. I'll be back if and when it gets back to normal.
Agree about not having political discussion here.
I try not to get involved when it does happen.
I only opened this thread because I was expecting boobs to be posted.

People need to go back and read the political thread on the LTF
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/about-last-night.10/

His decision to leave Iraq after it had been pacified was unbelievably stupid. It just was. We had the chance to bring American business into the country and build it into a prosperous democracy ala South Korea, another dirt poor country with no history of democratic government.

Instead he says "we leave behind a stable, democratic Iraq" and pulls out. That power vacuum was what caused the ISIS explosion which has since spread and he has no idea what to do about it.

Right now he's just stalling until January.

LOL...Please tell me this is a joke.

A person of average intelligence couldn't possibly believe this. Do you know anything about the middle east?

Reactions: MaxCoke
I can't believe there are people who can look at South Korea and Japan and still make a dumb statement like that.

LOL....;You really are F'n stupid.

You are the GOPs wet dream, so stupid you buy the talking points and try to spread them.

Do you seriously think that what worked in Japan would have worked in Iraq?

If so I will remove myself from this thread because discussing with that level of stupid is a waste of time.

Reactions: MaxCoke
ADVERTISEMENT