ADVERTISEMENT

And so it begins.

I keep explaining to you...

...CTC is going nowhere. You all know this.

He may be right eventually...

...but it's not this year, or next. Spring of '17 at the earliest but I'd doubt that too. Five years or longer I'd say.

No way.

Maybe not be this year and maybe not next, but there's no way in hell the donors and/or alums will put up with this for 5 more years (or longer).

Re: No way.

We'll never be consistently good with him. If folks can't see that by now they never will.

We'll be good enough...

...for IU. All we have to do is make the tourney. They'll never fire a guy who makes the tourney.

Re: He may be right eventually...

If we don't make the tourney it will be this year but it might be on July 2nd.

Re: No way.

Is that why they hired Mike Davis, KS and Tom Crean, because of the boosters?
Originally posted by Rakkasan29:
Maybe not be this year and maybe not next, but there's no way in hell the donors and/or alums will put up with this for 5 more years (or longer).

I believe what our Hawkeye brother means...

...is that the IU administration doesn't give a crap what people want. He may be right.

Not in the slightest...

But even the IU Admin won't put up with this for another 5 years.

This post was edited on 1/5 10:26 PM by Rakkasan29

Re: Not in the slightest...

so, are the boosters responsible for the last 3 hires?
Originally posted by Rakkasan29:
But even the IU Admin won't put up with this for another 5 years...which is what I stated in my original response...

p.s. "Boosters" and the IU Admin are not the same thing.

This post was edited on 1/5 10:23 PM by Rakkasan29

Oh he's going somewhere alright. To the bottom of the Big Ten and

Taking this team with him. But you just keep believing he's awesone and going no where.

You are a comedian

That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Delusional, but funny

I've become accustomed...

...to disappointment. I believe that's the true destiny of the modern IU fan.

No...but

they're responsible for the pressure that eventually removed Mike Davis. And they certainly weren't going to tolerate the retention of Sampson after his transgressions came to light.

You see, before Indiana can think about hiring a new coach, there has to be a demand for removing the current one. That demand comes from the donors, or "boosters" as you call them, and their refusal to give money to the University.

It's happened before, it'll happen again.

What you should be asking, is if I think the IU Admin will make the correct hire once they decide to make a change.

My answer to that is, "No. No I don't."

which one?

There's no guarentee that we will be a lock NCAA team and are u really satisfied with being a barely made it team in year 7??

Re: He may be right eventually...

I'm not convinced by the things I know that just making the tourney is enough. It's gonna have to take a very magical season.

What does my satisfaction have to do with it?

This team will make the tourney and CTC will be back next season. I don't think Fred Glass cares how I feel about it.

Re: What does my satisfaction have to do with it?

Crossfire74 must be hearing what I'm hearing...he isn't likely to last past this season unless the team dramatically surprises us as the season winds down...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: What does my satisfaction have to do with it?

I agree that CTC makes it last thus season regardless of what happens. Buyout is just too big

He will be gone after this year

because this team isn't making the dance and these "ugly" losses are like a huge pimple on the tip of your nose.

I tend to agree with you on this. If it truly is destiny, it seems to me

the stars align better next year, if the Celts continue to struggle and we don't make the tourney this year or next. Still, if the Steven's aren't happy in Boston, and some deep-pocketed alums truly set their minds to it, I could see things coalescing this year. Still, if I had to bet on it, I'd say CTC has 1 more year.

I shudder to think that you're right and we'll one day say...

...that Crean was at IU for 11, 12 years.

That leash is Matt Painter-length. And Painter doesn't have 1/10th of the tangibles/intangibles to work with as Crean does.

I hope we're not saying...

"...geez if we'd only made a change in 2015 instead of waiting until 2020 we could have gotten Brad Steven before Purdue hired him."

'Cause that would suck.

Re: I hope we're not saying...

Stevens will never, ever go to Purdue. He'll end up at IU, UNC or Duke. But, I'm confident it will be IU...his paps and mine are fraternity brothers and we've had discussions about this.

You get my 2014 Reverse-Jinx Poster of the Year Award.

You worked this angle tirelessly all year.

You're also out of the gate nicely and lead for the 2015 Reverse-Jinx Poster of the Year Award.

Isn't Hank also the one a few years back....

that was so adamant that Purdue was going to the Final Four when they had Johnson/Hummel? That was also a reverse jinx that worked like a charm. They didn't do sh*t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT