ADVERTISEMENT

And it begins.... Trump floats delaying election

Trump won’t make it to November. This is going bad, fast. Every politician that embraced Trump will be punished severely.

Reactions: largemouth
Incredible claim on multiple levels. Most especially that the US President feels he can only complain on Twitter that the election will be fraudulent. Clearly he has no interest in making absentee voting actually work.

Incredible claim on multiple levels. Most especially that the US President feels he can only complain on Twitter that the election will be fraudulent. Clearly he has no interest in making absentee voting actually work.

Mail voting and absentee voting is not the same.

You're right in the context of Trump's tweet. Then again, are they really different?
He's trying to divert the discussion away from Trump talking about delaying the election. Don't play into his hand.

He's trying to divert the discussion away from Trump talking about delaying the election. Don't play into his hand.

Yep, I'm pretty sure he's admitted the tactic. But CH was right in this case to point out Trump was talking out mail-in voting and my prior post referenced absentee.

Yep, I'm pretty sure he's admitted the tactic. But CH was right in this case to point out Trump was talking out mail-in voting and my prior post referenced absentee.
He's just like Bill Barr, factually correct while being disingenuous and dishonest.

Sure, the POTUS casually suggesting one of the greatest Constitutional crises in the history of our country is no big deal. What’s he going to do, send federal agents kitted up in paramilitary gear to put down any protests of his illegal action?

When Trump says he’s going to do something awful I listen.

Mail-in voting in Florida is so secure that it is annoying.

I have to give them tons of info to get signed up to receive a mail-in ballot. Then they send me both an email and a text that I have to use to verify that it is me, before they will actually send it. Then I have to verify again that I have received the ballot. Then (I am told) i will have to verify again after I send it back and after they received it, that it was indeed me who sent in a ballot.

It would be far easier to concoct a scheme to fraudulently vote in person,

though thankfully fraudulent votes are about as rare as lie-free days for DJT.

The only thing dumb about this is that some people don't see him laying the groundwork to question the outcome.
Yes, it's painfully obvious as to what he is doing. Every few weeks he pushes the rhetoric to another level. It's not going to be pretty if the election is close. We know that a good portion of his supporters will believe anything out of his mouth.

I'll tell you what .. I'll keep count of how many times the sitting POTUS questions the legitimacy of the election between now and Jan 20, 2021...... and we will see how dumb it really is.
Fast forward to January 19....

"What are you even talking about; this is dumb. We've known for six months this was a possibility. We discussed the clear rationale for it here on this very forum or have you conveniently forgotten that? And the Democrats said all along they cared first and foremost about safety so they have no reason to object now. In any event, this is really about [insert random topic seen on closest bumper sticker or other topic drawn via twisted word association from whatever happens to be on the TV at the moment] and the need to deal with the legislation to make it happen in a timely fashion despite the Democrats' lame posturing. What do you mean that's not a real thing? Here's the cite to it. What do you mean that's not a cite to the thing I made up? You're too caught up in dodging to deal with the reality of [insert new random topic seen on closest bumper sticker or other topic drawn via twisted word association from whatever happens to be on the TV at the moment]."

Trump won’t make it to November. This is going bad, fast. Every politician that embraced Trump will be punished severely.
Ultimately it's trump trying to redirect the conversation away from the Trump pandemic.
The desperation is palpable. He's like a drowning man, flailing and grabbing onto anything that might save him, no matter that he might drown someone else in the process.

Forbes is reporting that he told a local Texas news outlet that the new stimulus checks they're going to send out will be more than $1200. How much more? "We'll have to see."

The desperation is palpable. He's like a drowning man, flailing and grabbing onto anything that might save him, no matter that he might drown someone else in the process.

Forbes is reporting that he told a local Texas news outlet that the new stimulus checks they're going to send out will be more than $1200. How much more? "We'll have to see."

The most interesting thing to watch over the next 90 days will be those Republicans running for office who will be trying hopelessly to find a way to distance themselves from Trump while not losing the support from Trumpers. It will be especially difficult for any Republican member of Congress running for re-election.

The most interesting thing to watch over the next 90 days will be those Republicans running for office who will be trying hopelessly to find a way to distance themselves from Trump while not losing the support from Trumpers. It will be especially difficult for any Republican member of Congress running for re-election.
I think it's all about GOTV operations now.

Sure, the POTUS casually suggesting one of the greatest Constitutional crises in the history of our country is no big deal. What’s he going to do, send federal agents kitted up in paramilitary gear to put down any protests of his illegal action?

When Trump says he’s going to do something awful I listen.

I’m still waiting for all the militia groups to come save us. Isn’t this the type of shit those paranoid f***s gear up for?

That’s why he and his supporters are latching onto all their law and order bullshit now. Last I heard, Portland and Chicago were completely engulfed in flames with dead bodies everywhere. I love how they latch onto the small number of deaths related to rioting but think nothing of the ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND + dead from the Trumpvirus

R-i-i-g-h-t.

Trump, Pence, Trump Jr., Barbie The Press Secretary, Ivanka, Eric and the other minions don't use "mail voting." They use "absentee voting," so it's OK for them.
CoH has mentioned before that Colorado's voting by mail works great. I think he believes they have adequate safeguards built in so there won't be fraud. I suspect he doesn't think that this is universally true in the rest of the country at least that is my recollection.

ADVERTISEMENT