ADVERTISEMENT

And here we go... Mueller time

We may not be done yet; there are 4 sealed cases between Manafort and Popadopoulos at the US District Court of DC:

There are others here who think they know a lot more about this than I see any basis for. Among other things, we don't know if these are the only indictments that will issue against Manafort and Papadopolous. (Since Popadopolous is reportedly cooperating, it seems less likely that there'll be more on him, but I've seen informed commentary that Mueller moved when he did on these particular charges against Manafort because of statute of limitations concerns.) We don't know if there are indictments pending or looming against others. We don't know how additional cooperation by Manafort/Gates might influence the course of Mueller's investigation. And despite CO.'s baseless claims that Mueller has been leaking like a sieve, we know remarkably little about what Mueller may have up his sleeve.

I'm not making any predictions about anything right now, except that Manafort is in a world of hurt. I almost feel sorry for him.

Reactions: MrBing
On papawhatever I thought I watched a story that indicated his sentence 1-6 six months. They talked about him cooperating. Do you have any idea what a sentence would have been for pleading guilty to lying to FBI?
Didn't Martha Stewart get 90 days for a similar charge related to an SEC investigation?

When and where did I say that Trump was busted? Maybe you are telling us of the dream you had last night?

You didn’t, Clurker did and I thought you chimed in on his post when he chastised me.

When Trump is indicted and impeached you can laugh at me. If they have the goods on him I am sure there will be a leak shortly.
I am practicing my laugh 10 minutes a day just in case. The laugh also includes stollcpa.;)

Last edited:
There are others here who think they know a lot more about this than I see any basis for. Among other things, we don't know if these are the only indictments that will issue against Manafort and Papadopolous. (Since Popadopolous is reportedly cooperating, it seems less likely that there'll be more on him, but I've seen informed commentary that Mueller moved when he did on these particular charges against Manafort because of statute of limitations concerns.) We don't know if there are indictments pending or looming against others. We don't know how additional cooperation by Manafort/Gates might influence the course of Mueller's investigation. And despite CO.'s baseless claims that Mueller has been leaking like a sieve, we know remarkably little about what Mueller may have up his sleeve.

I'm not making any predictions about anything right now, except that Manafort is in a world of hurt. I almost feel sorry for him.
For what it’s worth Jared was in Saudi Arabia over the weekend and as far as is known currently he is still there and today is Ivanka’s Birthday

So where was Trump busted today? Did you answer and I missed it?

Where was Hillary ever busted for anything? Where was Hillary ever charged with anything? Doesn’t keep you guys from bringing that shit into every conversation. You guys are getting desperate. But Hillary!!! But Clintons!!! But DNC and dossiers!!! But uranium deal from 8 years ago that we were never concerned with until indictments started coming down!!!

You didn’t, Clurker did and I thought you chimed in on his post when he chastised me.
I did nothing of the kind. "You really don't get the significance, locally, nationally, internationally, historically, between a citizen getting busted and the POTUS?" doesn't say anyone got busted. You're drawing an equivalence between Hillary et al, citizens, and Trump et al., government officials, as if you don't see the difference between Trump and/or his cronies getting busted and private citizens getting busted.

Wow, stoll, #2! Wow, wow, wow.

One detail that keeps popping up in my head is the revelation that Manafort's realtor testified before the grand jury. All we know is that this guy represented Manafort and his wife in the purchase of a condo in Virginia . . . but that can't be the basis for the testimony, can it?

What I'd like to know is whether this guy helped Manafort launder Russian oligarch money through the sale of Trump properties - condos, also - to those oligarchs through various shell companies.

I know, I know there's no evidence to this effect . . . but the mere fact of the realtor's appearance before the grand jury + the indictment of Manafort for money laundering points toward asking the question.

Where was Hillary ever busted for anything? Where was Hillary ever charged with anything? Doesn’t keep you guys from bringing that shit into every conversation. You guys are getting desperate. But Hillary!!! But Clintons!!! But DNC and dossiers!!! But uranium deal from 8 years ago that we were never concerned with until indictments started coming down!!!

I don’t have time to go back through threads but I don’t believe I said Hillary was busted. Clurker brought up “busted”.

I did nothing of the kind. "You really don't get the significance, locally, nationally, internationally, historically, between a citizen getting busted and the POTUS?" doesn't say anyone got busted. You're drawing an equivalence between Hillary et al, citizens, and Trump et al., government officials, as if you don't see the difference between Trump and/or his cronies getting busted and private citizens getting busted.

Wow, stoll, #2! Wow, wow, wow.

Goat said it best “sloppy wording”.

Are you serious? There is a possibility that the President or people close to him might have committed crimes. If they did, there is a strong possibility Manafort has information that would help prove it. The Manafort-Trump connection is important for the same reason that the Podesta-Clinton connection isn't - because last November, Trump won.

C'mon, man.
The mouth piece spoke wisely a while ago.

Reactions: Bill4411
One detail that keeps popping up in my head is the revelation that Manafort's realtor testified before the grand jury. All we know is that this guy represented Manafort and his wife in the purchase of a condo in Virginia . . . but that can't be the basis for the testimony, can it?

What I'd like to know is whether this guy helped Manafort launder Russian oligarch money through the sale of Trump properties - condos, also - to those oligarchs through various shell companies.

I know, I know there's no evidence to this effect
. . . but the mere fact of the realtor's appearance before the grand jury + the indictment of Manafort for money laundering points toward asking the question.

We don’t know if there’s any evidence of this. Hell, we didn’t know they had all this evidence to indict Manafort or his buddy. I’ve heard it speculated several times that they’ll eventually get Trump as part of a global money laundering scheme involving Russia. If that is what’s proven, then it’s not far fetched that Trump and Russia worked together on the campaign too. What, are we supposed to believe that Trump only laundered money for Russians and this whole presidency thing was totally separate? ... you know, if money laundering is what’s proven.

I know, I know there's no evidence to this effect . . . but the mere fact of the realtor's appearance before the grand jury + the indictment of Manafort for money laundering points toward asking the question.
I believe the allegation may be that Manafort used money from undisclosed foreign accounts to buy 2-3 homes on the East Coast. It is possible that a real estate agent would have knowledge of the source of funds for a house sale because he wouldn't want to waste his time on a buyer who lacked enough funds for the purchase, thus having a reason to confirm that the prospective buyer had enough money.

Reactions: Sope Creek
How much power does Bannon really have?

Meanwhile at Fort Bannon,
42-19680228.jpg__800x600_q85_crop-600x381.jpg

Bannon: Note to self -- put that feckin' cock-eyed Painter on my hit list tomorrow. Tired.

Last edited:
He has gotten his phone back apparently...

Its like watching a little leaguer batting against a Major league pitcher.

"Few people knew the young, low-level volunteer named George"

Apart from you, Dorito Mussolini, of course. Given you posted a picture of yourself with him and mentioned him, by name, when discussing the 'stars' you had working with jeff sessions on your foreign policy.

Its like they forget that what they said 12 months ago doesnt matter today.

Apart from you, Dorito Mussolini, of course. Given you posted a picture of yourself with him and mentioned him, by name, when discussing the 'stars' you had working with jeff sessions on your foreign policy.

Well, Donnie, you sure knew who George Papadopoulos was. When naming your foreign policy advisers at a press conference, he was the second name you threw out. Must not have been too “low level”.

Well, Donnie, you sure knew who George Papadopoulos was. When naming your foreign policy advisers at a press conference, he was the second name you threw out. Must not have been too “low level”.
It was easy to forget his name it was such a common last name.

Reactions: sglowrider

From the sounds of it, Walrus Clovis better have an attorney on speed dial.

He also bragged about how Papadopoulos was an "excellent guy" when he was hired.

No Pence pic . . . interesting . . . .

We already know Pence lied about what they knew regarding Flynn. Flynn is likely one of the next targets unless he’s already cooperating and we don’t know. In fact, I’m surprised we don’t know if Flynn is cooperating or not, you know, with Mueller’s team leaking like a sieve and all...

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT