ADVERTISEMENT

And here we go... Mueller time

So Trump’s feeling heat of money laundering from Manafort years ago? Should Hillary feel heat too? Tony Podesta just stepped down from Podesta Group. Under investigation by SC. Hmmmm, I know, I know, that’s irrelevant news.
First of all, I could not care any less if Podesta goes to prison. I want all these idiots to go down. Second, you understand that these accusations include 2016 and 2017, right?

This is just the tip of the iceberg, and I would think you would want this clown show to stop.

Five bucks says you won't find a single liberal here who gives three shits if Tony Podesta goes to prison. So, yeah, pretty irrelevant.

Well, except for the fact that every imprisoned lobbyist makes the world a little better place. So that's always a positive.

So who’s supposed to give a sh!t it Manafort goes to prison?

Here's a thought about the state crime angle:

Manafort may not feel like cooperating does him much good if the feds let him off easy, and then the state of New York gives him 20 years. So it may behoove the NYAG and SCO to work together to cut a grand deal with him, if they really are doing this to try to flip him.

So who’s supposed to give a sh!t it Manafort goes to prison?
Are you serious? There is a possibility that the President or people close to him might have committed crimes. If they did, there is a strong possibility Manafort has information that would help prove it. The Manafort-Trump connection is important for the same reason that the Podesta-Clinton connection isn't - because last November, Trump won.

C'mon, man.

Are you serious? There is a possibility that the President or people close to him might have committed crimes. If they did, there is a strong possibility Manafort has information that would help prove it. The Manafort-Trump connection is important for the same reason that the Podesta-Clinton connection isn't - because last November, Trump won.

C'mon, man.

So possible collusion is only important with the party who wins? But wait, Manafort’s indictment was money laundering years ago.

So possible collusion is only important with the party who wins? But wait, Manafort’s indictment was money laundering years ago.
First of all, Manafort's indictment claims criminal activity up through 2017.

Second of all, I didn't say collusion is only important with the party who wins. But neither Trump nor Clinton is being charged with anything. For that matter, neither is Podesta. So there's one big difference right there. The other big difference is that Trump is the president, and Clinton isn't. If Podesta does get charged, and he rolls on Clinton, and she goes to prison, well, sucks for her, but it's not nearly as big of a deal as if Manafort rolls on Trump. That's just the reality.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
So Trump’s feeling heat of money laundering from Manafort years ago? Should Hillary feel heat too? Tony Podesta just stepped down from Podesta Group. Under investigation by SC. Hmmmm, I know, I know, that’s irrelevant news.
Did Tony Podesta ever even work for Hillary?

First of all, Manafort's indictment claims criminal activity up through 2017.

Second of all, I didn't say collusion is only important with the party who wins. But neither Trump nor Clinton is being charged with anything. For that matter, neither is Podesta. So there's one big difference right there. The other big difference is that Trump is the president, and Clinton isn't. If Podesta does get charged, and he rolls on Clinton, and she goes to prison, well, sucks for her, but it's not nearly as big of a deal as if Manafort rolls on Trump. That's just the reality.
Lock her up!

Wow, stoll! You're the one who drew the equivalence here. You really don't get the significance, locally, nationally, internationally, historically, between a citizen getting busted and the POTUS? Really? REALLY?

Trump should be more worried about Papadupwhatever's guilty plea. That was directly related to the campaign and Russia.
Yeah, from what little I've been able to read/see/hear today it sure looks like he's the one that could pull back the campaign curtain and expose whatever lies behind it. The indictments are bad news for the principals, but I'm not sure they reflect directly on Trump or the campaign.

Wow, stoll! You're the one who drew the equivalence here. You really don't get the significance, locally, nationally, internationally, historically, between a citizen getting busted and the POTUS? Really? REALLY?

I missed POTUS getting busted today. Can you site the info showing Trump was indicted?

Reactions: Lucy01
Yuk it up now, None of this will be tied to Trump.
You may be 100% right, but unlike other Presidents (say, Reagan), Trump shows no signs to me of delegating responsibility to trusted subordinates.

Instead, Trump seems to require his own approval or rubberstamping on everything. In fact, he hired several of his family members for key positions, and I assume this was because he knew they would not act independently from his supervision.

Unfortunately for the whole country, a President (or Presidential candidate) cannot really be in a position of approving every single decision without having knowledge of the subject matter.

Then, when you couple the above with the observations that Trump (1) loves easily-traceable electronic communication, (2) creates disgruntled ex-subordinates by firing them at the drop of a hat and (3) insults numerous other people he does business/politics with, I can't assume there is no evidence out there that won't implicate Trump. We'll see.

The money laundering charge seems to be on thin ice. That requires proof that the money which was laundered was obtained as a result of a violation of US law. Working for Putin's interests in Ukraine is not illegal. The illegality in the indictment seems to be Manafort's failure to register as a foreign agent. Pretty weak sauce.

The income tax violation is he only meat here. Al Capone anyone?

To me, the hidden nugget in the indictment is identifying Cyprus as the origin of the allegedly laundered cash. Wilbur Ross is up to his eyeballs in Cyprus banking.

Reactions: stollcpa
I just reviewed the indictment. Wilbur Ross better lawyer up.

But this conclusion is only based on my reasonable conclusion from the content of the indictment and the reporting. I can't "prove" Ross' head is on the chopping block.

The libs here are just being libs. You guys are not looking at the material.

On papawhatever I thought I watched a story that indicated his sentence 1-6 six months. They talked about him cooperating. Do you have any idea what a sentence would have been for pleading guilty to lying to FBI?

The money laundering charge seems to be on thin ice. That requires proof that the money which was laundered was obtained as a result of a violation of US law. Working for Putin's interests in Ukraine is not illegal. The illegality in the indictment seems to be Manafort's failure to register as a foreign agent. Pretty weak sauce.

The income tax violation is he only meat here. Al Capone anyone?

To me, the hidden nugget in the indictment is identifying Cyprus as the origin of the allegedly laundered cash. Wilbur Ross is up to his eyeballs in Cyprus banking.

Failing to report the income and failing to answer the the questions on 1040, Schedule B, part III regarding foreign accounts seems to be what he will be in trouble over. The IRS is making a big deal of answering questions regarding foreign accounts on your 1040. If you have foreign accounts depending on the value you must file FinCEN Form
114 which is Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR). I had a client that hadn’t told me about his foreign account and then he fessed up one day. We got in on the first amnesty deal. We filed everything. When he was done paying tax, interest and penalty he didn’t have much of the money left. He got a lesson and can now sleep at night.

Off the subject of this thread but might interest posters, I don’t remember which foreign bank was involved with VISA but they had it all figured out. The problem with foreign accounts is getting the money back in the US to spend it. As I understand the bank issued Credit Cards with enormous credit lines to their customers in the US. Customers charged their US purchases on these VISA cards and the bank paid balances with their foreign stash. No reporting and IRS didn’t follow money back to US. IRS stumbled on to it and forced foreign Bank to give up every US credit card holder. In this case they set up another amnesty program for people to come clean.

On papawhatever I thought I watched a story that indicated his sentence 1-6 six months. They talked about him cooperating. Do you have any idea what a sentence would have been for pleading guilty to lying to FBI?

No. Haven't looked into that.

Sam Clovis might be in trouble too. He is the guy who got nominated as "head scientist" at USDA despite not being a scientist.

Reactions: RBB89
First of all, Manafort's indictment claims criminal activity up through 2017..

If he didn’t disclose the foreign accounts nor pay the tax through 2017 there was criminal activity through 2017. If he lied about the accounts, that’s criminal activity. Criminal activity might mean something besides the problem with foreign accounts or it might not.

So Lurker and Meridian are busting my chops that Trump was “busted” today. Do you agree he was busted today?

If he didn’t disclose the foreign accounts nor pay the tax through 2017 there was criminal activity through 2017. If he lied about the accounts, that’s criminal activity. Criminal activity might mean something besides the problem with foreign accounts or it might not.

So Lurker and Meridian are busting my chops that Trump was “busted” today. Do you agree he was busted today?
Really? They said that? I missed that.

We may not be done yet; there are 4 sealed cases between Manafort and Popadopoulos at the US District Court of DC:

@TheOriginalHappyGoat I took this post to be I wasn’t recognizing the significance of POTUS being busted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT