3] Purdue
4] Georgia Tech
5] Nebraska
6] Iowa
7] South Carolina
8] TCU
9] Arkansas
10] Texas

Indiana came in at 33rd. BTW, Michigan was 11th & OSU was 18th toughest.

I don't know about that. Air Force is nothing, same with Boston College, Memphis is middle of the pack Div I. Their cross-overs are Rutgers and Mich, so 1 and 1 there. I don't see 3rd toughest in the country.
Air Force won 11 games this year.... With heir QB and RB returning.

I'm going to enjoy them run all over PU with that triple option.

I don't know about that. Air Force is nothing, same with Boston College, Memphis is middle of the pack Div I. Their cross-overs are Rutgers and Mich, so 1 and 1 there. I don't see 3rd toughest in the country.

Looks like it's all based on last years results rather than who's actually coming back (plus the writer may be a p u fan...).

In their case I don't think it'll matter much... In my opinion, they're going to have several seriously frustrated receivers on their hands (it's tough for the QB to chuck it downfield from the prone position;))...:D

Last edited:

I stand corrected on Air Force, they surprised. My first thought was "look who they played" but they beat Colorado and won their bowl game against Wash St. so they're no pushover. I don't envy anyone going up against the triple option.

Still don't see 3rd toughest schedule for PU.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I stand corrected on Air Force, they surprised. My first thought was "look who they played" but they beat Colorado and won their bowl game against Wash St. so they're no pushover. I don't envy anyone going up against the triple option.

Still don't see 3rd toughest schedule for PU.
All they are doing is looking at 2019 records. Memphis was 12-2 and BC was a bowl team. PU will be 0-4 yet again.

1] Michigan State
2] USC
3] Purdue
4] Georgia Tech
5] Nebraska
6] Iowa
7] South Carolina
8] TCU
9] Arkansas
10] Texas

Indiana came in at 33rd. BTW, Michigan was 11th & OSU was 18th toughest.
In another "Toughest 2020 FB Schedule" by 24/7, Indiana was rated the 9th hardest schedule, with the Hoosiers taking on 4 teams in the 2020 preseason Top 20. 3 are on the road [ Badgers,Buckeyes, Wolverines] & PSU at home. BTW, Purdue was NOT listed on their toughest schedule list.
24/7 Toughest Schedule for 2020:
10] Georgia/OSU
9] IU
8] Michigan
7] LSU
6]Alabama
5]Tenn.
4]USC
3]Ole Miss.
2]Arkansas
1]So. Carolina

Question: If IU ran the table next year and finished 13-0, would they get an invite to the CFP?

If the answer is yes (which it is), then the schedule is hard enough.
That is a good litmus test and yes, if IU was 13-0 would have meant ran the table in B10 and can't imagine them not in CFP, so yes, if schedule is tough enough for that, it's good enough schedule for sure!

I am pretty sure Air Force is one of the top 5 teams in the nation in lost production going into next year. So they may have their QB and RB coming back but they are losing 7 other players on offense, including WR1 and 2. They also lose 7 starters on defense, as well as their punter and their kicker. Trust me, that team next year will be entirely different. That doesn't mean guys can't step in and step up but......eek. That is 16 out of 24 starters not returning.

Question: If IU ran the table next year and finished 13-0, would they get an invite to the CFP?

This times 100. There is no reason to challenge yourself more than we already are. Those that do are only working harder, not smarter. IU in basketball needs to stay on top of their SOS for obvious reasons. The football team, however, gets plenty of tough games in their 9 game conf slate. If IU played in the East, I might think differently.

That certainly makes sense if you truly believe they will finish undefeated. But if otherwise, the quality of opponents is indeed taken into account if bowl eligible. Once again, not much to be gained with a poor preseason schedule, but much could be lost.

That certainly makes sense if you truly believe they will finish undefeated. But if otherwise, the quality of opponents is indeed taken into account if bowl eligible. Once again, not much to be gained with a poor preseason schedule, but much could be lost.

I don't know, Minnesota rowed the bad schedule boat all the way to Tampa on a 10-2 record. They wouldn't have at a hypothetical 8-4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT