ADVERTISEMENT

An open letter to MTIOTF on Louisville

Oxford Collapse

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
MyTeamIsOnTheFloor --

I want to start this out by noting that I really respect you. You seem like a great guy, and have been kind enough to me to post scores from my old high school. I'm a big fan of yours -- Block I and all.

So I'd like to share a bit of advice to you, heart to heart. From a former Louisvillian to one that, as far as I know, is still back home in Kentuckiana.

You should move.

Louisville has all of the casual racism of a small southern town, perfectly paired with the crushing institutional racism of a large northern one. Some gasp at a Donald Trump rally, but in Louisville, getting violent with minorities is just what happens after Bingo Night.

Going home actually makes me sick. The only thing heavier than the cloud of pollen and light pollution over the Ohio Valley are the people.

fat%20guy.gif

Louisville is a town where Faygo-drinking juggalos and bearded Arcade Fire t-shirts fight to the death for 20K a year call center jobs, only to have them outsourced within three or four months.

The best New York deli in Louisville is an Arby's. Louisville's finest Italian dining is cooked by an actual rat in the back of the local Olive Garden.

Louisville has claimed for years to be the "Greatest College Sports Town in America." I don't need a joke here. Just the picture.

poster.jpg

Kentucky elected a governor who somehow spends more time posting douchey Facebook videos than C-$. Within six months of killing foodstamps and closing government agencies, he'll only slightly outrank diabetes as Kentucky's largest killer of the poor. Make no mistake about it -- regardless of your political affiliation, Matt Bevin is a sad boner.

The Kentucky government has "perpetual disappointment" as Article III of the state constitution. There are people that were born, grew up, had children, and died in the time that it took Anne Northrup and the Kentucky government to build a single bridge to Indiana.

Kentucky's main cash crop is crippling depression, and the primary exports are pretentious conversation about how bourbon can actually only come from Kentucky.

Also, this is not a tradition -- it's just an ugly f***ing hat.

050512-Horse-Racing-Kentucky-Derby-Hat-Gallery1-JW_20120505143621791_1280_1280.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.15.JPG

MTIOTF, there's a reason that the state song is about the fond recollections of someone who moved to another state a long, long time ago. Save yourself and the ones you love.

Please, please move.

Wishing you the best from somewhere far, far away,

Oxford Collapse

Last edited:
MyTeamIsOnTheFloor --

I want to start this out by noting that I really respect you. You seem like a great guy, and have been kind enough to me to post scores from my old high school. I'm a big fan of yours -- Block I and all.

So I'd like to share a bit of advice to you, heart to heart. From a former Louisvillian to one that, as far as I know, is still back home in Kentuckiana.

You should move.

Louisville has all of the casual racism of a small southern town, perfectly paired with the crushing institutional racism of a large one. Some gasp at a Donald Trump rally, but in Louisville, getting violent with minorities is just what happens after Bingo Night.

Going home actually makes me sick. The only thing heavier than the cloud of pollen and light pollution over the Ohio Valley are the people.

fat%20guy.gif

Louisville is a town where Faygo-drinking juggalos and bearded Arcade Fire t-shirts fight to the death for 20K a year call center jobs, only to have them outsourced within three or four months.

The best New York deli in Louisville is an Arby's. Louisville's finest Italian dining is cooked by an actual rat in the back of the local Olive Garden.

Louisville has claimed for years to be the "Greatest College Sports Town in America." I don't need a joke here. Just the picture.

poster.jpg

Kentucky elected a governor who somehow spends more time posting douchey Facebook videos than C-$. Within six months of killing foodstamps and closing government agencies, he'll only slightly outrank diabetes as Kentucky's largest killer of the poor. Make no mistake about it -- regardless of your political affiliation, Matt Bevin is a sad boner.

The Kentucky government has "perpetual disappointment" as Article III of the state constitution. There are people that were born, grew up, had children, and died in the time that it took Anne Northrup and the Kentucky government to build a single bridge to Indiana.

Kentucky's main cash crop is crippling depression, and the primary exports are pretentious conversation about how bourbon can actually only come from Kentucky.

Also, this is not a tradition -- it's just an ugly f***ing hat.

050512-Horse-Racing-Kentucky-Derby-Hat-Gallery1-JW_20120505143621791_1280_1280.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.15.JPG

MTIOTF, there's a reason that the state song is about the fond recollections of someone who moved to another state a long, long time ago. Save yourself and the ones you love.

Please, please move.

Wishing you the best from somewhere far, far away,

Oxford Collapse

Unless MTIOTF's rebuttal includes SB pics of his daughter, I'm pretty sure you have my vote this round.

Reactions: hoosierdug
ADVERTISEMENT