ADVERTISEMENT

An Iranian speaks...

you aren’t going to get any positive reaction on this..... she said thank-you to Trump.... it doesn’t fit their diatribe

He is not going to get feedback because he gave no reason to watch it. Any 5 year old can post links here, if you want it watched put some thought into it and explain what it is and why it is worth watching,

Look through the pages, how often do you find a link with nothing else said about it? There aren't many of us that date back to Buzz being the admin here, but he had some rules and chief among them was he would delete threads like that. Simply put, if you can't explain why it's important why should I take the time to figure it out.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
you aren’t going to get any positive reaction on this..... she said thank-you to Trump.... it doesn’t fit their diatribe
Awwww snap. You got everyone here good with that reply.

Obviously posting a video on the internet requires the highest intellectual authority and we should all consult YouTube videos when seeking out moral and definitive thoughts when deciding which side we should come down on complicated international issues.

All kidding aside, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you didn't even make a case for why we should watch your video?

Look through the pages, how often do you find a link with nothing else said about it? There aren't many of us that date back to Buzz being the admin here, but he had some rules and chief among them was he would delete threads like that. Simply put, if you can't explain why it's important why should I take the time to figure it out.

listen, I say people will watch it. They just won’t comment on it because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

you guys are great with making rules.....just not following them. I know effort doesn’t come easy for academics but hey, have another Starbucks, crawl into that safe room, and take a 2 minute ride with the video

Reactions: Indianaftw
Awwww snap. You got everyone here good with that reply.

Obviously posting a video on the internet requires the highest intellectual authority and we should all consult YouTube videos when seeking out moral and definitive thoughts when deciding which side we should come down on complicated international issues.

All kidding aside, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you didn't even make a case for why we should watch your video?

not my video or post.....

So an Iranian liked the killing. Why should I care? Did it help our mission there (which is not to make Iranians happy)?

Last edited:
20200106T0858-32861-CNS-POPE-ANGELUS-IRAN_800.jpg.png
One down. 81,999,999 to go.

I know effort doesn’t come easy for academics but hey, have another Starbucks, crawl into that safe room, and take a 2 minute ride with the video

Funny, what effort would it have taken for the OP to actually post their thoughts? In fact, you snark a lot but when do you take the effort to actually post real thoughts? It seems effort is something lacking.

I also have no idea who here is an academic, I sure am not.

Some of us aren't mourning the death of Souleimani or praising him as this Iranian American claims.

Instead we are fearful about a potential hot war in the ME with unpredictable consequences.

Reactions: MaxCoke
What? :).... not welcome in your circle jerk? Pity...... I’m gonna lose soooooo much sleep
Can a mod explain to me why this guy is allowed to post here? He adds zero value and clearly doesn’t even keep up with threads.
Who are the mods?

Reactions: MaxCoke
He is not going to get feedback because he gave no reason to watch it. Any 5 year old can post links here, if you want it watched put some thought into it and explain what it is and why it is worth watching,
I’m not looking for feedback. #1 I don’t need it. #2 What can I add to what she says? That’s the point isn’t it? She’s the expert on the matter, I’m not. She grew up in Iran, I didn’t.

Does everything need an opinion? Do you need an explanation for everything you watch BEFORE you watch it? I believe THAT is the common practice for a 5 year old.

I’m not looking for feedback. #1 I don’t need it. #2 What can I add to what she says? That’s the point isn’t it? She’s the expert on the matter, I’m not. She grew up in Iran, I didn’t.

Does everything need an opinion? Do you need an explanation for everything you watch BEFORE you watch it? I believe THAT is the common practice for a 5 year old.

So you watch every video people post on the internet without concern as to what it is? All I get from what you posted is "An Iranian speaks". What sort of Iranian, an escapee from an insane asylum? A member of the Revolutionary Guards? A member of the Shah's family? Someone who's family left Iran 120 years ago? A Persian cat meowing?

You may have time to watch every video on the internet. But for the rest of us, some context helps.

So you watch every video people post on the internet without concern as to what it is? All I get from what you posted is "An Iranian speaks". What sort of Iranian, an escapee from an insane asylum? A member of the Revolutionary Guards? A member of the Shah's family? Someone who's family left Iran 120 years ago? A Persian cat meowing?

You may have time to watch every video on the internet. But for the rest of us, some context helps.

Oh Marvin..... open wide here comes the choo-choo ..... being that Everything was US/Iran buildup the last three days, I think being able to deduce that a video posted on the water cooler that says “An Iranian speaks” is relatively self evident.

if he posted a video about figs then I might agree with you that it needed explaining..... if you don’t like the message move on

Do I get extra points for knowing what the video was going to say, even though I didn't watch it?

Oh Marvin..... open wide here comes the choo-choo ..... being that Everything was US/Iran buildup the last three days, I think being able to deduce that a video posted on the water cooler that says “An Iranian speaks” is relatively self evident.

if he posted a video about figs then I might agree with you that it needed explaining..... if you don’t like the message move on

But what makes this Iranian voice different? If one is going to post using "appeal to authority", one should explain what makes the person an authority. If she is just a standard run-of-the-mill Iranian citizen, what does that mean? A foreign power can find standard run-of-the-mill Americans to support any possible belief they want. Iran is probably no different.

If she represents a group, for example, explaining that helps decide if the content means anything. Is the an expert at State? Again, that would help put the video in context. What makes the message this Iranian has more credible than the message of any other Iranian?

We don't even know if she an Iranian citizen? If she isn't then she's not even Iranian. She might be persian, azeri, lur American. We have no idea.

I took about 5 seconds to google her name and found out the she lobbies on behalf of Libyan warlord haftar and writes for the Federalist. Human rights advocate? :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol!

Next!

We don't even know if she an Iranian citizen? If she isn't then she's not even Iranian. She might be persian, azeri, lur American. We have no idea.

I took about 5 seconds to google her name and found out the she lobbies on behalf of Libyan warlord haftar and writes for the Federalist. Human rights advocate? :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol!

Next!

The problem is that a lot of us aren't here to really have a discussion. And yes, that happens on both sides of the aisle. Given how we know Russian (and other) disinformation works, I'm not going to watch some random video without knowing something about who made it. I don't care if I agree with them or not, I just want to know it wasn't cooked up by someone's intel community to trick Americans. And we'd all be better off if discussion boards/twitter/facebook used some sort of standard.

I may not like Rush, but if someone posted a "Hey, Rush makes a great point here" video, I'd watch it. Just because he's usually wrong doesn't mean he's always wrong. But with no idea who is behind a video, why waste the time.

A foreign power can find standard run-of-the-mill Americans to support any possible belief they want. Iran is probably no different.

If she represents a group, for example, explaining that helps decide if the content means anything. Is the an expert at State?
Can you imagine a foreign power using VPM's posts as coming from a typical American?

The problem is that a lot of us aren't here to really have a discussion. And yes, that happens on both sides of the aisle. Given how we know Russian (and other) disinformation works, I'm not going to watch some random video without knowing something about who made it. I don't care if I agree with them or not, I just want to know it wasn't cooked up by someone's intel community to trick Americans. And we'd all be better off if discussion boards/twitter/facebook used some sort of standard.

I may not like Rush, but if someone posted a "Hey, Rush makes a great point here" video, I'd watch it. Just because he's usually wrong doesn't mean he's always wrong. But with no idea who is behind a video, why waste the time.

If she's not even an Iranian citizen, then it's more fake news.

Do I get extra points for knowing what the video was going to say, even though I didn't watch it?
hiccup1.jpg

listen, I say people will watch it. They just won’t comment on it becau
it doesn’t fit the narrative.

you guys are great with making rules.....just not following them. I know effort doesn’t come easy for academics but hey, have another Starbucks, crawl into that safe room, and take a 2 minute ride with the video

Well, you're great at crop dusting and scorched earth posting and then slinking off when people respond and you have nothing to defend your posted position with. I could take the time and dig up examples-and maybe I will later. But for now, I'll just say you've got a lot of nerve calling out other posters for being "unresponsive"...

Btw, what I just said is also applicable to the OP who started this thread. In fact if it's even possible he is more in that category than even you are... And that's a high bar to get over...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT