ADVERTISEMENT

Amy Cooper Sues For Discrimination

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
She is the white New York woman who called police on a Black bird-watcher in Central Park last Memorial Day.

She is seeking from her former employer, who quickly fired her, "back pay and bonus, loss of unvested funds and other benefits, front pay or reinstatements, emotional distress damages, attorneys' fees and costs, and interest and punitive damages in an amount to be determined at trial."

I assume that she signed one of those job acceptance letters saying that she understands that her employment can be terminated at any time for any reason or even for no reason. I understand that such agreements have not always held up, but her complaint seems very shaky. But... IANAL.

She is the white New York woman who called police on a Black bird-watcher in Central Park last Memorial Day.

She is seeking from her former employer, who quickly fired her, "back pay and bonus, loss of unvested funds and other benefits, front pay or reinstatements, emotional distress damages, attorneys' fees and costs, and interest and punitive damages in an amount to be determined at trial."

I assume that she signed one of those job acceptance letters saying that she understands that her employment can be terminated at any time for any reason or even for no reason. I understand that such agreements have not always held up, but her complaint seems very shaky. But... IANAL.

She's claiming racial discrimination.

White Bitches Matter
Misogynist!!! Wonder if she’s married. Can you imagine that poor guy. Dreading her coming home to tell him about her day. Guess what joe. YOU WERE WRONG!!!! I did find a lawyer!!! Her fights with the doorman. Cashiers. Random blacks. That bitch at work who’s out to get her

Damn. I had no idea there was a such a turf war in central park.

Amy Cooper's lawsuit states that she did not call the police because she was racist, but "because she was alone in the park and frightened to death after being selected as the next target of Christian Cooper, an overzealous birdwatcher engaged in Central Park's ongoing feud between birdwatchers and dog owners."

vBj77uc.gif

Thanks for the PTSD. I'll be taking the rest of the day off.
Lol. Btw. Condolences on yesterday. That was f*cked up. Has a creeper ever given up all ten penalties then missed one himself to lose the game. Nutty

Lol. Btw. Condolences on yesterday. That was f*cked up. Has a creeper ever given up all ten penalties then missed one himself to lose the game. Nutty
Haha almost happened twice. Ole should have pulled the Van Gaaaaaal and subbed in Henderson. You live, you learn. DeGea is gone next year anyway

Haha almost happened twice. Ole should have pulled the Van Gaaaaaal and subbed in Henderson. You live, you learn. DeGea is gone next year anyway
Yes! Guy needs a reboot. He’s a phenomenal keeper. Just kind of lost it

Reactions: larsIU

And to think, there was a highly spirited and outraged thread on this board just last week, discussing whether an employer can legitimately fire an employee for after-hours actions. It's like employees have no idea when their employer can fire them.

Ms. Cooper's lawsuit will probably prove one side or the other in a very convincing manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT