ADVERTISEMENT

American’s Optimism

Hasn’t taken Biden/Harris/Democrats long.

If Biden would have campaigned on:
  • Revoking the Keystine XL permit after construction was well underway
  • Cancelling O&G exploration on BLM lands
  • Asking the United Nations to investigate American race relations
  • Opening the border and cancelling wall construction contacts
  • Returning individuals to U S freedom who had been deported
  • reinstituting catch and release border policy.
  • Handcuffing ICE and the border patrol.
  • Funding the Palestinians without conditions
  • Reopening Iranian negotiations without conditions
  • Bailing out blue states from their self-made financial mess
  • Ordering CRT training for federal employees and members of the military
  • A Federal takeover of elections
  • Unconditional reversal of America First
  • increasing China’s influence in domestic and world affairs
  • Removing Ukrainian leverage with Russia
  • Supporting multi-trillion dollar spending without public debate
He wouldn’t be president.

There is no reason to be optimistic given the irrelevancy of the democratic process at the legislative and executive branches.

There is no reason to be optimistic given the irrelevancy of the democratic process at the legislative and executive branches.
You should be right but I don’t believe it mattered what he did or didn’t campaign on. MSM, Social Media Giants and some states changing voting procedures assured his victory.

Here’s what I took from the article:

Anti-Vaxxers = Variant increase = Return to Covid protocols ( Missouri going back to mask mandates tomorrow, for example) = fear of economic relapse = decrease in optimism.

But, freedom.

Reactions: MaxCoke

Anti-Vaxxers = Variant increase = Return to Covid protocols ( Missouri going back to mask mandates tomorrow, for example) = fear of economic relapse = decrease in optimism.

But, freedom.
saint louis city and county. not missouri. state ag is going to sue city and co over it. personally at this point i really don't mind masks. i think outside playing sports and kids can be overkill but slapping on a mask to run into target doesn't bother me a bit

But, freedom.
Why isn’t Biden doing more? As CiC it is his responsibility to curb the spread of COVID, why isn’t he doing so? He’ll be forever known as the President who didn’t stop the spread of the Delta variant due to his inability to unite Americans & get everyone vaccinated. His policies & rhetoric have been too divisive…

But, freedom.
Biden has repeatedly equated having Covid with dying. He has walked back some of it but most he hasn’t. Pundits and some politicians do the same. I picked up my weekly news magazine and it had an article called “Dying of Denial”. I think some forthright honesty about Covid risk is long over due. We need to focus on getting all of those over, say, 60 vaccinated. Give the others the risk benefit information and move on. The most vulnerable should be the hard target.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Why isn’t Biden doing more? As CiC it is his responsibility to curb the spread of COVID, why isn’t he doing so? He’ll be forever known as the President who didn’t stop the spread of the Delta variant due to his inability to unite Americans & get everyone vaccinated. His policies & rhetoric have been too divisive…

Honest question, but what could Biden do to get both sides to come together?

What can he do to get more people to take the jab and stop the spread of the Delta varient?

I'm not starting a fight here. I'm curious what you think he could honestly do to unite both sides.

Polls about the direction of the country have generally trended much higher since Biden took office. I know you like to pick little data points and extrapolate that into a trend that simply doesn't exist, but the only person you're fooling is yourself.

You can lead and persuade morons to water but you can't make them drink, especially when they've insulated themselves with anti-water information.

Until they can experience it first hand they're probably unreachable, so we all might have to pay for their dumbassness.

It's f#$king annoying.

If I was Biden I'd go tough love. I'd let insurance companies off the hook for any covid care if you refused to get vaxxed and I would put a price on the first and second shot in six weeks.

Freedom

Biden has repeatedly equated having Covid with dying. He has walked back some of it but most he hasn’t. Pundits and some politicians do the same. I picked up my weekly news magazine and it had an article called “Dying of Denial”. I think some forthright honesty about Covid risk is long over due. We need to focus on getting all of those over, say, 60 vaccinated. Give the others the risk benefit information and move on. The most vulnerable should be the hard target.
There are millions 40 and over with HBP, not to mention the obesity problem in America, and the new much stronger Delta variant will make them at higher risk for survival. Your reasoning seems to be based on the original Covid-19, meanwhile as the virus remains very active, due to too few getting vaccinated, it’s gaining strength and mutating into stronger variants. What will Covid-22 be like If we can’t contain Delta?

There are millions 40 and over with HBP, not to mention the obesity problem in America, and the new much stronger Delta variant will make them at higher risk for survival. Your reasoning seems to be based on the original Covid-19, meanwhile as the virus remains very active, due to too few getting vaccinated, it’s gaining strength and mutating into stronger variants. What will Covid-22 be like If we can’t contain Delta?
The new variant is more contagious. The evidence is unclear if it is more virulent. Many people think it isn’t.

Ask Lucy why he’s refusing, and not allowing his family to take the vaccine. Taking it should not be a political decision, so if you think since Biden doesn’t seem to be in your corner you’re not gonna take it, then you’re just being a damn fool and potential Darwin Award winner.

Speaker Pelosi said this morning that the bipartisan infrastructure bill is DOA in the House without the highly partisan Democrat budget bill. So much for compromise, coooeration, negotiations, and all those other useless trappings of a representative democracy.

No, I am not optimistic.

You can lead and persuade morons to water but you can't make them drink, especially when they've insulated themselves with anti-water information.

Until they can experience it first hand they're probably unreachable, so we all might have to pay for their dumbassness.

It's f#$king annoying.

If I was Biden I'd go tough love. I'd let insurance companies off the hook for any covid care if you refused to get vaxxed and I would put a price on the first and second shot in six weeks.

Freedom
How about we add in the Govt pays for any side effects you may have that require medical treatment then as well?

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

The national democratic party is still winning the demographic game by letting in tens of thousands of undocumented aliens into the country and then shipping planeloads and busloads all over the country without the public's knowledge or approval.

The immigration issue may work to their disadvantage in the short-term, but the long-term goal is to never lose another election. They just have to lie and cheat enough to survive the next round of elections.

As far as COVID goes......ideology trumps any health concerns. Of the tens of thousands of illegals crossing the border, how many have been vaccinated? No worries, because it all works toward the goal of becoming America's version of Mexico's corrupt PRI party.

What's most striking to me is that Dems approve of his handling of the economy by 88%, while Pubs are at 16%

I think the continuation of the unemployment payments that far exceed actual wages is pissing off a lot of people who are not Dems.

What's most striking to me is that Dems approve of his handling of the economy by 88%, while Pubs are at 16%

I think the continuation of the unemployment payments that far exceed actual wages is pissing off a lot of people who are not Dems.

And there is some inflation pressure that people are equating to Biden cuz, that's what people do.

IE the stock market has made new historical highs under Biden so Biden has created the greatest market environment in the history of the world!!!!!

Honest question, but what could Biden do to get both sides to come together?

What can he do to get more people to take the jab and stop the spread of the Delta varient?

I'm not starting a fight here. I'm curious what you think he could honestly do to unite both sides.
I think you're too new here to understand. He is playing games. No one with any sense could ever confuse "please get the shot so your family doesn't die" with "The vaccine will kill you or at least magnetize you". And you really can't reason with obstinately stupid people, like the cult who believe Trump's big lie...

There's a huge grift game going on in the anti-vax universe. Tucker pretends he's opposed to vaccines, even though he has had the shot. And this unscrupulous snake oil salesman ("Dr" Joseph Mercola) from Florida (where else?) is the worst offender on FB...

"According to the New York Times, Mercola has built his career on far-fetched health notions, including claims that spring mattresses amplify radiation and that tanning beds can reduce the chance of getting cancer. Cashing in on his followers, he sold them at-home tanning beds that cost between $1,200 and $4,000. He was then sued by the Federal Trading Commission and agreed to pay his customers refunds totaling $5.3 million, according to a 2016 report from the Chicago Tribune."

The poll is about optimism.

The linked poll explanation for a downturn in optimism stresses the Covid up tick figures and the D strain fears.

The invisible political ghosts which plagued Trump in an election year by haunting him with Covid are now spooking Biden.

Biden +17 in Wisconsin. Biden +5 in Ohio. Biden +7 in Florida. 😂😂😂😂😂
That was two polls in a row. Why can't you believe the data? Trump was historically unpopular, twice impeached, and he's a criminal (so far just his company and his foundation), but eventually it will get there. The election was a landslide win for Joe Biden. Why is this so confusing?

Things are going well in America right now. The only thing holding us back are the morons who won't get vaccinated.

It‘s dropped to 50 & will continue to plummet. Why do you keep comparing him to the worst President in history? If he is only the second worst, morons like you will be ecstatic.😂😂😂
The latest two polls had Biden at +56 and +52. You're sealed in your bubble that you don't understand that Trump is one of the worst presidents in US History.

People like Biden's policies. Republicans have zero policies. They didn't even come up with a platform for the 2020 election. That's how vapid the Republican Party is today. Not only that, but they're disgusting traitors to our form of government.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
It‘s dropped to 50 & will continue to plummet. Why do you keep comparing him to the worst President in history? If he is only the second worst, morons like you will be ecstatic.😂😂😂
My only binary choice in 2020 was to vote for someone better than Trump. You convinced me I made the right choice.

The latest two polls had Biden at +56 and +52. You're sealed in your bubble that you don't understand that Trump is one of the worst presidents in US History.

People like Biden's policies. Republicans have zero policies. They didn't even come up with a platform for the 2020 election. That's how vapid the Republican Party is today. Not only that, but they're disgusting traitors to our form of government.
zero policies is the point. keep the bridges operational, people safe, and stay out of our bank accounts and lives

Didn’t you read my post or are you just too….ugh, never mind.

zero policies is the point. keep the bridges operational, people safe, and stay out of our bank accounts and lives
Let us know when Republicans come to the table. Throughout the course of the history of the United States, political parties have had ideas.

You are such a moron and and a follower that you think a political party who wants to win over the American people should have no platform.

You're a treat.

The national democratic party is still winning the demographic game by letting in tens of thousands of undocumented aliens into the country and then shipping planeloads and busloads all over the country without the public's knowledge or approval.

The immigration issue may work to their disadvantage in the short-term, but the long-term goal is to never lose another election. They just have to lie and cheat enough to survive the next round of elections.

As far as COVID goes......ideology trumps any health concerns. Of the tens of thousands of illegals crossing the border, how many have been vaccinated? No worries, because it all works toward the goal of becoming America's version of Mexico's corrupt PRI party.

This administration's border policy is completely incoherent. They keep telling migrants not to come, but then putting in place policies that reward the opposite behavior. So no one is listening to their public pronouncements.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Let us know when Republicans come to the table. Throughout the course of the history of the United States, political parties have had ideas.

You are such a moron and and a follower that you think a political party who wants to win over the American people should have no platform.

You're a treat.
I have a BA in political science a master’s in public administration and a law degree. And worked in state gov. You watch cnn and read huff post. What you know about politics and gov could fit on a baseball card. You watch a clip on tv from a guy wearing your uni and believe it unconditionally without any ability to judge it independently bc you have no core knowledge nor understanding and it’s reflected in your emotional posts

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT