ADVERTISEMENT

AM isn’t disappointed *in* the team, but *for* the team.

I was dumbfounded by his comments. Thinks his team is headed in the right direction, and played their hearts out today. What game did he watch?

Reactions: DAG10
He is lost, and, at this point, a lost cause as well. There may be a time, or times, when as a Coach, you do feel sorry for your team, but, I have to think that it is more rare than not...and, it is not what you generally lead with after a game like that one.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
He is lost, and, at this point, a lost cause as well. There may be a time, or times, when as a Coach, you do feel sorry for your team, but, I have to think that it is more rare than not...and, it is not what you generally lead with after a game like that one.
These kids grew up receiving participation trophies and ribbons for finishing 17th in a 20 team contest. So, perhaps he’s pandering to their fragile egos. Maybe after the game they all received milk and cookies and maybe a nice massage to help them heal from another very physical ass whipping.

Reactions: BigMobe
I thought the team was not cohesive and overall were not ready to win the game, and I thought the coach was that way as well.

Reactions: BigMobe
Archie's standards for performance are very, very low. Too low to coach this program. Maybe he says stuff like this because he knows he didn't prepare them. If he can't ride these guys to maximize performance then he has the wrong guys. If he can't hold players accountable and ride them to maximize performance, then he doesn't have the skills to coach this program. He should resign.

They get a marquee win, believe their own press and coast. What we see is a turd on the court. I won't take a stroll down RMK Lane but we have to expect more, get more and find someone who can deliver that. Just maddening the lack of intensity and emotion.

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
Archie's standards for performance are very, very low. Too low to coach this program. Maybe he says stuff like this because he knows he didn't prepare them. If he can't ride these guys to maximize performance then he has the wrong guys. If he can't hold players accountable and ride them to maximize performance, then he doesn't have the skills to coach this program. He should resign.

He said a couple of things in his PC that bugged me.

First, he said it was a matter of lack of execution, not a lack of effort. And said he told the team as much. That's BS. Anybody who watched the game saw that Rutgers was more engaged at the start of the game and maintained that edge through out the game. Their coaching staff probably told them something like "Maintain your energy and effort and in the end they will fold". If they didn't they're not much of a coaching staff.

The second time he pissed me off was his response to the first real question he's gotten from the lackeys who follow the team this year. He specifically denied that Archie's team almost always follow up big wins with spirit-crushing losses. The facts are that his IU teams are 2-9 in games immediately following wins v. top 25 teams (I know, we've won 11 of those???). most of which were against non-ranked teams. Denied it, and got all huffy in his denial. Got pissed off because someone finally asked him a legit question.

He sucks. He needs to be gone after this year.

Last edited:
So he tells Don in the postgame interview.

What say you?
Sounds like a guy who doesn't want to hold his individual players responsible for mistakes and poor play. Also sounds like a guy who is more interested in keeping Players happy rather than forcing them to work to get better. Nobody loses playing time, but You are all on Double Secret Probation. The next time you screw up, I'll I'll ....... Well I'll figure out what to do when we reach that point.

Archie's answers are totally illogical. So he felt bad for his team. They didn't execute. The effort was there. What he should have said was he was pissed at the poor execution again. He should have admitted that what he was doing or how he was doing it wasn't preparing his team properly to win games like these. He should have talked about what he was going to do differently to fix that. Coaching the team to execute and motivation are his job. RMK responded angrily to a question once when he said that getting his team motivated was his job!!! Archie is either stupid or incompetent. He needs to go. A $12 million investment with no results is generally a reason to change strategies or cut losses in business. Maybe the Kelley School should weigh in with Dolson.

Archie's answers are totally illogical. So he felt bad for his team. They didn't execute. The effort was there. What he should have said was he was pissed at the poor execution again. He should have admitted that what he was doing or how he was doing it wasn't preparing his team properly to win games like these. He should have talked about what he was going to do differently to fix that. Coaching the team to execute and motivation are his job. RMK responded angrily to a question once when he said that getting his team motivated was his job!!! Archie is either stupid or incompetent. He needs to go. A $12 million investment with no results is generally a reason to change strategies or cut losses in business. Maybe the Kelley School should weigh in with Dolson.
Did IU even pay RMK 12 million total? I know different times, but I think he got paid 20k a year when hired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT