ADVERTISEMENT

Alright Indiana fans, WTF is going on?

shakes3858

Recruit
Aug 28, 2009
First off, thoughts and prayers to all your players and staff and family with Covid. I hope everyone fully recovers and offer my support.

A distant second, has any information been released on number of cases, if they’re rising or falling, and the potential you’ll be playing against Purdue or more importantly the title game against Northwestern?

A close 3rd, many of you were talking trash on my “preseason rankings are stupid” thread about last year. Question is: if we’re able to play... and I truly hope you had 3 false positives and you’re back to business tomorrow... are you going to live past or will you give us your best game.

First off, thoughts and prayers to all your players and staff and family with Covid. I hope everyone fully recovers and offer my support.

A distant second, has any information been released on number of cases, if they’re rising or falling, and the potential you’ll be playing against Purdue or more importantly the title game against Northwestern?

A close 3rd, many of you were talking trash on my “preseason rankings are stupid” thread about last year. Question is: if we’re able to play... and I truly hope you had 3 false positives and you’re back to business tomorrow... are you going to live past or will you give us your best game.
our quarterback doesn’t like Purdue. He’s stated that publicly, and he grew up an IU fan. And when the quarterback wants it, the whole team is going to want it. So, yeah, you’ll get our best shot

My bet is that IU and Purdue do NOT play this weekend. I was looking forward to watching it. Both teams with a spike in positive cases is not a recipe for a game.

Ask Peyton Ramsey. He knows this IU team better than any of us.

I'm surprised more hasn't been said about this. I just NOW saw that IU stopped all football activities, from a headline 19H hours ago. Not sure how I missed it. I saw PU cancelled practice but not us too.

Well, it appears that WTF is going is that the Big Ten has 0 integrity and is willing to screw over Indiana in favor of OSU. Sorry guys. Thanks for the fun chats this season. See you September 3rd 2022.

Will Peyton still have some eligibility then? It'd be great to see two IU QBs playing . . . .
My understanding is this year doesn’t count for eligibility and Peyton could play a 6th year if he, the coaching staff, athletic department and university chooses that road.

(Revenues are in the toilet right now. So I could see universities and ADs saying they can’t afford a dozen 6th year players taking extra scholarships... will certainly be the case for non-revenue sports.)

My understanding is this year doesn’t count for eligibility and Peyton could play a 6th year if he, the coaching staff, athletic department and university chooses that road.

(Revenues are in the toilet right now. So I could see universities and ADs saying they can’t afford a dozen 6th year players taking extra scholarships... will certainly be the case for non-revenue sports.)
Ummmm . . . he's had 3 already at IU, then one at NU if he plays in 2021 . . . seems like ought to complete his eligibility.

My post was more of a joke than anything else . . . Peyton's career will be as long as Thorenson's . . . .

Ummmm . . . he's had 3 already at IU, then one at NU if he plays in 2021 . . . seems like ought to complete his eligibility.

My post was more of a joke than anything else . . . Peyton's career will be as long as Thorenson's . . . .
Oh, I assumed he had a redshirt. But, either way he can play in 2021 and I’m assuming that’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT