ADVERTISEMENT

Almost won a bowl game with QB2

Almost? You almost beat a 4-5 Ol' Miss team? And your team removed the Big Ten logos as a form of protest before the game? That's hillbilly stuff. And if "almost winning" is your rationalization, you will never be a top tier program.
First, nobody gives a f what you think. Second, Allen already said that was not what they were doing with the logo.

It’s not all terrible. Just too bad. Penix would’ve ate these guys alive downfield. Onto 2021.
Ole miss had a qb at receiver. They were missing their 3 top receivers. IU played like shit. It happens. I trust it was also a huge let down to even play in this game. IU had a great year. Lots of good momentum. It won’t be lost by today

It is what it is.

Unfortunate what happened today, but it happens, and you are what your record says you are. And you beat who you beat, and lost to who you lost to.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It is what it is.

Unfortunate what happened today, but it happens, and you are what your record says you are. And you beat who you beat, and lost to who you lost to.
Iowa and every team in the BT West should be sending thank you notes to Delany every year. I'd bet money Iowa gets their ass kicked by way more than 1 TD at Ohio St. this year.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
I doubt it. And that’s not been out history against tOSU.

Next year Iowa would, as it loses quite a lot. Next season Iowa could easily start 0-2.

One most accept reality. Life is easier this way, and usually one is more financially successful if they do.

We absolutely slaughtered NW last year. Only difference was Ramsey. He’s not worth 20 points.

We are nothing like we were last year. No team is and it's silly to point to last year's team as somehow indicative of a current team's playing ability.

Ramsey certainly helped, but so did the addition of all-Big HM TE Raine, Freshman all-American OT in Skoronski (2nd team all-B1G), as well as a new stud RB in Cam Porter. The defense added RSF Brandon Joseph (1st team all-American safety), and 1st team all-B1G & 2nd team all-American CB, Gregg Newsome, off of injury. I trust you saw what he did to Purdue's David Bell. Starters Trevor Kent and Jake Saunders are back from injury at DT as well.

While Indiana lost its 5th bowl in a row to a 4-5 team with the 122nd ranked defense in football, NU just won its 4th bowl game in a row over 6-4 Auburn.

It's too bad we didn't meet on the field this year. Our #1 P5 scoring defense would have loved the challenge.

We are nothing like we were last year. No team is and it's silly to point to last year's team as somehow indicative of a current team's playing ability.

Ramsey certainly helped, but so did the addition of all-Big HM TE Raine, Freshman all-American OT in Skoronski (2nd team all-B1G), as well as a new stud RB in Cam Porter. The defense added RSF Brandon Joseph (1st team all-American safety), and 1st team all-B1G & 2nd team all-American CB, Gregg Newsome, off of injury. I trust you saw what he did to Purdue's David Bell. Starters Trevor Kent and Jake Saunders are back from injury at DT as well.

While Indiana lost its 5th bowl in a row to a 4-5 team with the 122nd ranked defense in football, NU just won its 4th bowl game in a row over 6-4 Auburn.

It's too bad we didn't meet on the field this year. Our #1 P5 scoring defense would have loved the challenge.
I think you need to calm down a little bit. I was at the game last year: you guys got your asses kicked.

Reactions: 76-1 and td75
I doubt it. And that’s not been out history against tOSU.

Next year Iowa would, as it loses quite a lot. Next season Iowa could easily start 0-2.

One most accept reality. Life is easier this way, and usually one is more financially successful if they do.
Iowa gets their ass handed to them in Columbus if they play this year: funny stuff. IU played Ohio St. in Columbus much tougher than Clemson did.

Reactions: 76-1
Iu will finish barely top 20 in sagarin... self awareness is tough... purdue fans way more off base... 13 years since ranked... root of issue... Indiana high school football sucks... cincinnati by itself has more talent... Allen done hell of a job considering... but lets not get carried away

No wins over teams with a winning record in 2 years and your last bowl win was 30 years ago. Stay in your lane and enjoy a program that is improving.
Go give your loser coach another raise. Just be happy we didn't beat your ass this year: we owe you one. Still waiting for the PU bowl game to start....

Indiana needs Penix back healthy. The guy is crazy talented, he can lead this team to big, big things this fall. Penix would've slaughtered Ole Miss.

I think you need to calm down a little bit. I was at the game last year: you guys got your asses kicked.

I'm perfectly calm. Actually happy now after our 4th bowl win in a row, our third trophy for the season (West, the LOL trophy, and Citrus B trophy) and getting Mike Hankwitz his 400th win.

We DID get our asses kicked LAST YEAR. Too many injuries to our offensive backfield and defensive line and backs last year. This year isn't last year. Ramsey was excellent this season. I'm glad he had the chance to play for his favorite Big Ten team in high school and win a West title.

I'm perfectly calm. Actually happy now after our 4th bowl win in a row, our third trophy for the season (West, the LOL trophy, and Citrus B trophy) and getting Mike Hankwitz his 400th win.

We DID get our asses kicked LAST YEAR. Too many injuries to our offensive backfield and defensive line and backs last year. This year isn't last year. Ramsey was excellent this season. I'm glad he had the chance to play for his favorite Big Ten team in high school and win a West title.
Just be happy over there in the West and make sure you thank Delany every year: you've got it pretty good over there. The West hasn't won a BT Championship game yet for a reason. I am guessing you guys would have 3-4 losses at least most years in the East.

I love Ramsey, but he isn't Michael Penix. Unfortunately, you can't start two guys at QB. You are correct: you got your asses kicked the last time we played. Maybe calm down a little bit when you are over here after our bowl game, perhaps show a little respect.

Go give your loser coach another raise. Just be happy we didn't beat your ass this year: we owe you one. Still waiting for the PU bowl game to start....
Purdue has about 2X the wins head to head with IU. And the string of almost 2000 days since you’ve beat us basketball remains intact.
Again, stay in your lane and enjoy what was a solid year . . . Nothing more.

Purdue has about 2X the wins head to head with IU. And the string of almost 2000 days since you’ve beat us basketball remains intact.

Let me know when Purdue has a solid year again. Don’t talk **** about our bowl game when your team didn’t even play in one.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUPACERHORSE
Just be happy over there in the West and make sure you thank Delany every year: you've got it pretty good over there. The West hasn't won a BT Championship game yet for a reason.

I love Ramsey, but he isn't Michael Penix. Unfortunately, you can't start two guys at QB. You are correct: you got your asses kicked the last time we played. Maybe calm down a little bit when you are over here after our bowl game, perhaps show a little respect.

Perhaps Indiana needs to show Northwestern some respect as well. Then I wouldn't be pointing out the distinct differences in bowl game performances between the Cats and the Hoosiers the past two days. Do your boasting when the season's over, not before a bowl game. Football gods always frown on such boastfulness. We got a taste of that at Michigan State. Too much boasting about our wins over Iowa and Wisconsin with the "Reece Davis" nonsense.

You had a losing record for the 2nd year in a row: shut the F up! This is a football board, and Matt Painter would have been fired at IU like a decade ago: glad you are happy with Matt. Your lane is overpaying a loser coach, having a losing record, and sitting out the bowl games. Why in the hell you think you have any room to talk smack this year is baffling: adios.

You had a losing record for the 2nd year in a row: shut the F up! This is a football board, and Matt Painter would have been fired at IU like a decade ago: glad you are happy with Matt. Your lane is overpaying a loser coach, having a losing record, and sitting out the bowl games. Why in the hell you think you have any room to talk smack this year is baffling: adios.
STAY IN YOUR LANE!!!!!
2, 30 & 2,000!!!!!!

No one is arguing Northwestern sucked in 2019, other than Lovie Smith, who beat a much better Wisconsin team last year.

The 2020 Northwestern team was far more similar to their 2018 team, than the 2019 edition.

QB is a key position, as any Big Ten program knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT