ADVERTISEMENT

Allen to Auburn?.....

Coach Allen’s blood runs Cream And Crimson. He could go down in IU’s football history as our equivalent of a Bo Schembechler or Woody Hayes. Better pay up and keep the best thing for IU athletics since Bobby left. Even my buddies who are Michigan fans want him. Gotta love him and gotta pay him and staff what they are worth. IMHO.
Go Hoosiers! Beat Purdue!!

Allen isn’t going anywhere. If he repeats this ranking next year then is when we should worry.
If he repeats this next year, he'll be well on his way to becoming a Hoosier legend and the greatest coach in IU football history. If there's an appropriate adjustment to his compensation package, he'd have every reason to stay.

My bad. Sorry.
No worries..

and as I said over there.... I didn't mean to post it there... I meant to post it here. Ooops.

since it got replies there, I haven't deleted it.

I thought it interesting that he was a candidate for the DC job at Auburn.... but he took the DC job here instead.

Reactions: 76-1
In my opinion...,it will come down to this: Do you want to make History and be remembered Forever or do you want to make some short term cash...

I'm betting on the Allen family as a History type of outfit...

I think if this was coming off an 8-5 last season, he might feel like jumping to Auburn is too good of an offer to pass on. However, he has proven to everyone (and more importantly to himself -whether he thought he believed before this year or not - he has to now) that it can be done here.

The thing about the climbing the prestige ladder is that there are a helluva lot of rungs on the way down...look at Coach Mike Davis, Will Muschamp, and Tommy Tuberville.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
I would doubt it. I don't see your coach moving on unless:
A - he's reached a point at IU that he feels is as far as he can go (win the conference? Make the CFP?)
B - Some school pulls out the BAG for him - with how mainstream sports media treats (or rather, fails to treat) IU's success, he's probably not top of mind for the big bucks just yet.

Not disparaging Allen at all, he's our hidden gem and hope it stays that way forever, but if I'm an Auburn fan hiring someone like Tom Allen in my opinion is a massive let down. Gus Malzhan won a national championship at Auburn and won 67 games over an 8 year period. That's a ton given the division they play in. While Allen is certainly on a roll, not sure he's quite yet ready for the jump in competition, which ultimately will work in our favor. Unless an absolute blue-blood comes calling, I think we have Allen at least 3-4 more years if not longer.

Reactions: BayernFan
Allen isn’t going anywhere. If he repeats this ranking next year then is when we should worry.
Coach loves Indiana and the players he brings in, I don't see him leaving any time as this is his family's state. Do other programs want a coach like him yes but I don't think he will leave and just stay and retire here in the future.

Not disparaging Allen at all, he's our hidden gem and hope it stays that way forever, but if I'm an Auburn fan hiring someone like Tom Allen in my opinion is a massive let down. Gus Malzhan won a national championship at Auburn and won 67 games over an 8 year period. That's a ton given the division they play in. While Allen is certainly on a roll, not sure he's quite yet ready for the jump in competition, which ultimately will work in our favor. Unless an absolute blue-blood comes calling, I think we have Allen at least 3-4 more years if not longer.

Just clarifying, Malzhan was not the HC when Auburn won the National Title, he was OC under Gene Chizek. Malzahn took them to the Championship game I think in his second year, losing to FSU.

Reactions: Chriselli
Just clarifying, Malzhan was not the HC when Auburn won the National Title, he was OC under Gene Chizek. Malzahn took them to the Championship game I think in his second year, losing to FSU.

Correct, my apologies

I think he is the type of guy who cares more that the people around him are taken care of than himself. Hopefully, he gets another raise, but money for staff and facilities is where you build a program....

Coach Allen’s blood runs Cream And Crimson. He could go down in IU’s football history as our equivalent of a Bo Schembechler or Woody Hayes. Better pay up and keep the best thing for IU athletics since Bobby left. Even my buddies who are Michigan fans want him. Gotta love him and gotta pay him and staff what they are worth. IMHO.
Go Hoosiers! Beat Purdue!!

Reactions: 76-1
Repeats what ranking? Idk what you mean....our ranking? I don't think that will make any difference whatsoever. He's already a hot commodity & will remain so regardless of what happens next yea, imo.

Allen is on an upward spiral!
He will be at IU as the Head Coach for a long time-15+ years. This is his dream job. IU will reward him with pay raises, not what he could probably make elsewhere, but that will not matter to CTA. He is making more now than he could have ever dreamed of, and he will see his pay continue to grow.

Reactions: hootiehoosier
Repeats what ranking? Idk what you mean....our ranking? I don't think that will make any difference whatsoever. He's already a hot commodity & will remain so regardless of what happens next yea, imo.
Should I have said performance?

Should I have said performance?
Maybe, "if IU repeats this ranking", or something like that. I didn't know if you meant by if "he" repeats this ranking, it could have meant the team's ranking, or some....coaching ranking or...something. I assume you did mean IUs ranking.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT