ADVERTISEMENT

Allen needs to clean house.

His offensive staff is terrible. I might keep Mike Hart. That’s it.

I don’t agree. We were playing with QB2 - and he played like a QB2. Not terrible, but not great either. Beyond that, a lot of poor execution. I lost count of how many tackles we missed. A lot of drops too.

I will say that we should’ve run the ball more than we did. OM’s run D is notoriously bad. Why we wouldn’t exploit that more than we did is beyond me. We ran the ball well....when we ran it.

I don’t agree. We were playing with QB2 - and he played like a QB2. Not terrible, but not great either. Beyond that, a lot of poor execution. I lost count of how many tackles we missed. A lot of drops too.

I will say that we should’ve run the ball more than we did. OM’s run D is notoriously bad. Why we wouldn’t exploit that more than we did is beyond me. We ran the ball well....when we ran it.

Especially when your QB is having obvious issues with his arm. But honestly, is it not typical IU?

Finding ways to lose games... that's the typical IU I've watched for decades.

Look, it stings. I’m sure the players and coaches are feeling it 10x as much as any of us are. They put in a whole, whole lot of work - and it has to be crushing to come so close and come up short. Same with the Gator Bowl last year.

But (a) let’s not lose sight of the fact that we’ve played in bowl games after Jan 1 two years in a row, and (b) I was heartened that they fought their way back into the game after a really lackluster first half.

I don’t like the result anymore than anybody else does. But let’s keep everything in perspective. This football program has come a very long way and there’s no reason to doubt that they will continue the elevated level of play.

Hopefully Allen sticks around - I suspect he will.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of our football this year, and now I'm glad I didn't waste the time. Good lord! Who calls the offensive plays? I think I could have done a better job, and I don't have any experience. Amature hour!

A big thanks to IU football for making us all look like a bunch of saps for feeling disrespected by the rankings and bowl slotting. Goddammit.

Reactions: iuwclurker
We suck in bowl games.
I think you bring a lot of this on yourself . . . Coaches talking about how good you are, how the Outback Bowl was a screw job, how the B1G didn’t respect you, etc. You set yourselves up for failure.
You guys were “respectfully” ranked #11 and played a depleted, umranked team who beat you.
Your program is much improved but there is plenty of room to take several more steps before your claims will even be close to valid.

Look, it stings. I’m sure the players and coaches are feeling it 10x as much as any of us are. They put in a whole, whole lot of work - and it has to be crushing to come so close and come up short. Same with the Gator Bowl last year.

But (a) let’s not lose sight of the fact that we’ve played in bowl games after Jan 1 two years in a row, and (b) I was heartened that they fought their way back into the game after a really lackluster first half.

I don’t like the result anymore than anybody else does. But let’s keep everything in perspective. This football program has come a very long way and there’s no reason to doubt that they will continue the elevated level of play.

I agree with you for the most part... but again, when you hype up the victim role, you better damn well come out with a game plan to attack like you haven’t been feed for a week.... and Ole Miss is hiding bacon in there pants.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
I think you bring a lot of this on yourself . . . Coaches talking about how good you are, how the Outback Bowl was a screw job, how the B1G didn’t respect you, etc. You set yourselves up for failure.
You guys were “respectfully” ranked #11 and played a depleted, umranked team who beat you.
Your program is much improved but there is plenty of room to take several more steps before your claims will even be close to valid.

We don't need our program critiqued by a freaking Purdue fan. You have enough problems up in West Laffy.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of our football this year, and now I'm glad I didn't waste the time. Good lord! Who calls the offensive plays? I think I could have done a better job, and I don't have any experience. Amature hour!
if you don’t watch games whoEveryone is mad about the loss, but don’t need a Johnny come lately who didn’t watch many games providing

Reactions: vesuvius13
IU would be in better shape if I were making the decisions. I don’t accept losing the way that administration does.

If you were running indiana, no sane coach would come here because you run on pure emotion and fly off the handle at the moment anything goes wrong.

We finished 6-2 and 6-1 in the big 10 and you want to fire the entire offensive staff because we lost with our backup quarterback. You, my friend, are unstable at times to say the least.

If you were running indiana, no sane coach would come here because you run on pure emotion and fly off the handle at the moment anything goes wrong.

We finished 6-2 and 6-1 in the big 10 and you want to fire the entire offensive staff because we lost with our backup quarterback. You, my friend, are unstable at times to say the least.
Some of the posters here are about as emotionally mature as 12 year olds. It’s entertaining, but not intellectually stimulating. It’s kind of like an old Road Runner cartoon.

Sheridan and Hiller have already proven how little of a job they do.

Also QB2 played with a separated shoulder

There's a old axiom in sports that says "you're never as good as your last win, or as bad as your last loss". We'll get a better perspective of Indiana FB program in 2021 & I believe CTA will make this coming season the 3rd straight year of winning IU football.

Sheridan and Hiller have already proven how little of a job they do.

Yeah, Nick Sheridan has proven how horrible he's been at coaching quarterbacks. Man, Penix really hasn't shown how good he is.

I guess our offense was so bad that having the big ten receiver of the year was by luck. Penix was second team and, Stevie Scott was second team as well.

But our offense was horrible this year, no doubt.

Do you ever think before you post?

Allen is definitely sticking around.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It’s pretty simple IU got back in game by running ball 168 yards over 4 a carry.Mississippi gives up over 200 yards .Last seiries IU runs 5 times for 22 yards 1st down at Miss 33 plenty of time left ,best IU player during game Stevie Scott just give him the ball 8 more times x4.2 yards.You got it Outback Bowl victory it really was that simple!

ADVERTISEMENT