ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time Recruits

Man you’re really clueless here. Kid worked his butt off for IU and himself. Just a total clown comment.
This is actually incorrect.
He quit about the last half of the season.

Sat out in games we needed with inflammation of the foot. Sure dude.

I remember listening to Don Fishers pre game against Nebraska. He’s good to go. Then doesn’t play a minute.

Scored 7 points, then 6 points his last 2 games.

He quit. Got the draft info he needed. Then gone.

‘Worked his butt off.’ Is a stretch to say the least.

This is actually incorrect.
He quit about the last half of the season.

Sat out in games we needed with inflammation of the foot. Sure dude.

I remember listening to Don Fishers pre game against Nebraska. He’s good to go. Then doesn’t play a minute.

Scored 7 points, then 6 points his last 2 games.

He quit. Got the draft info he needed. Then gone.

‘Worked his butt off.’ Is a stretch to say the least.
You don’t lead the Big Ten in rebounding as a freshman without effort. He was BIG Frosh of the Year, all Big Ten, all everything. And he’s made a good NBA career. Get a clue.

Gordon was one tough kid. But once again, we have a OAD playing for a team that, at least internally, was an absolute mess....for a coach whose days were numbered.

Here's some potentially useless-but also quite telling- bit of trivia:

Name the last IU "One and Done" player who has been part of any IU team that won either a B1G tourney game, or NCAA tourney game.

Some sobering results await.....
Thankfully, Tamar is gonna bucks that trend this year. :)

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
He had a strong first half of the season, then quit the last 7-8 weeks or so.
He had a tough last month but it wasn’t 7-8 weeks. And he had injuries he was dealing with. He was 100% right to protect himself and his NBA stock. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the selfish one.

He had a tough last month but it wasn’t 7-8 weeks. And he had injuries he was dealing with. He was 100% right to protect himself and his NBA stock. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the selfish one.
So which is it? You want elite players, championships, effort or “players taking the last month off to “protect” draft status or health? You just comment to troll and disagree with everyone. I can’t figure out if you are real, fake, a bot? It’s just comical every time I see you pop up it’s to prop up some fantasy. It’s weird.

So which is it? You want elite players, championships, effort or “players taking the last month off to “protect” draft status or health? You just comment to troll and disagree with everyone. I can’t figure out if you are real, fake, a bot? It’s just comical every time I see you pop up it’s to prop up some fantasy. It’s weird.
I want the very best players possible. Kids who might stay 1, 2, 3 years…doesn’t matter. It’s not a zero sum game. They can play for the team and also put their career first.

IF it comes down to what’s best for their college career vs what’s best for their pro career I want them to do what’s best for their pro future. That’s rarely the case though. The better you do in college the better your stock gets.

This misguided belief that these kids should sacrifice their future for a group of selfish college fans is pure insanity and incredibly hypocritical. These aren’t the beaches of Normandy. No one should be asking these kids to risk their health to entertain a few losers in the stands.

The fact that we only have 16 top 50 recruits in 20 years is the exact reason we’ve been so terrible. It’s not game coaching or development or anything else…it’s that stat.
Agree 100%. Archie recruited a Dayton roster here.

Crazy to think Crean brought a lot of those guys in on the list … and I think college b-ball is 50%-75% recruiting. Just shows how poor of an actual game coach Crean is.

ADVERTISEMENT