ADVERTISEMENT

All in on Tamar.

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
I have been reading and watching anything on Bates I can find. My god, I am sold.

I have mentioned in past threads how I think the emotional makeup/drive of a kid is by far the most important thing to look for in a recruit. Tamar, dare I say, has the most similar makeup to Vic that we have seen since.

Forget the basketball part of it, is the kid willing to crawl through nails to get what he wants? Tamar is. The way he talks, the passion and conviction in his voice. Damn.

He will 100% be starting for IU this season, and folks enjoy him while you can. He is going to be in the nba very soon. Greater than 50% chance he is a one and done.

We are gonna be really good this year.

I have been reading and watching anything on Bates I can find. My god, I am sold.

I have mentioned in past threads how I think the emotional makeup/drive of a kid is by far the most important thing to look for in a recruit. Tamar, dare I say, has the most similar makeup to Vic that we have seen since.

Forget the basketball part of it, is the kid willing to crawl through nails to get what he wants? Tamar is. The way he talks, the passion and conviction in his voice. Damn.

He will 100% be starting for IU this season, and folks enjoy him while you can. He is going to be in the nba very soon. Greater than 50% chance he is a one and done.

Finally, you've unclenched from Lander's nutsack.

What’s the maintenance schedule on your hype machine? With such heavy use, how often does it require inspections and service?

I’m going to say 2.5 and out. And no, I do not wish to bet $$$ on this subject so you can possibly feel better about your small man size. vbg

I’m going to say 2.5 and out. And no, I do not wish to bet $$$ on this subject so you can possibly feel better about your small man size. vbg
I bet for the high, same as smoking weed. I don’t drive a red convertible. And you would lose that bet. I’d wager a ton of money on under 2.5 years.

Many good indicators for the young man.

Let's hope they translate to the next level.

I liked the way he talked about IU and the history of the program.

Now bad for an irrelevant program! 😁

I liked the way he talked about IU and the history of the program.

Now bad for an irrelevant program! 😁

Not gonna lie when he said he watched Woodson and Mello with the Knicks, Yogi at IU, Vic, but then couldn’t remember who Romeo was….. that was a bonus point.

“And that guy on the Celtics, who was that?”

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Vic isn't looking real great right now , decisions etc. I liked him as a player but he has to be by far the most over rated IU player ever

Reactions: Lucy01
Vic isn't looking real great right now , decisions etc. I liked him as a player but he has to be by far the most over rated IU player ever
? on steroids. All American, defensive player of the year, Sporting News and others natl player of the year, second pick in draft, an all star. What the heck sport are you watching?

Reactions: YOTHN and rocketo
? on steroids. All American, defensive player of the year, Sporting News and others natl player of the year, second pick in draft, an all star. What the heck sport are you watching?
One year and it was a weak year overall with players. I am just saying people on here act like he was Jordan at IU . Our current coach was a better player overall career by far a long with many others. He was really good one year and his pro career is looking to be close to the same

He was atrocious when he got to IU and worked his tail off. I love that shit.

Tamar is a year or two ahead of where vic was as a Freshman IMO. He shot up the rankings this last year and is already a very good player.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I bet for the high, same as smoking weed. I don’t drive a red convertible. And you would lose that bet. I’d wager a ton of money on under 2.5 years.
You know I have seen you post on here many years and I have also posted to either agree or disagree with your opinion but It seems that lately anything that anyone has to say or opinion they voice on this forum gets berated for their opinion and even using condescending insults. I know you are not a hype type guy but you have a few players you like to voice your opinion on. I am with you on Tamar. He is a 1 and done or for sure 2 and done unless injury details a season. But he has that ‘it’ factor that really makes that player stand out even when playing the best competition. I’ agree that he is special and I am all in on Bates also.

You know I have seen you post on here many years and I have also posted to either agree or disagree with your opinion but It seems that lately anything that anyone has to say or opinion they voice on this forum gets berated for their opinion and even using condescending insults. I know you are not a hype type guy but you have a few players you like to voice your opinion on. I am with you on Tamar. He is a 1 and done or for sure 2 and done unless injury details a season. But he has that ‘it’ factor that really makes that player stand out even when playing the best competition. I’ agree that he is special and I am all in on Bates also.
That’s because Cav is 100% asshole

He was atrocious when he got to IU and worked his tail off. I love that shit.

Tamar is a year or two ahead of where vic was as a Freshman IMO. He shot up the rankings this last year and is already a very good player.
Vic and OG both had almost elite defensive and athletic skill when they arrived. Their offense was what was atrocious. It’s much easier to learn offense. They had a nose and natural ability on the defensive end. Loved both of them.

Thanks Skip Bayless

Idiotic

He had one great year. I am not saying he didn't but he isn't the end all of IU players or even close. His pro career , he had a great year. Obviously he wouldn't have been injured on the same play the second time as he was but likely going to happen. I don't wish bad on him but that is how it is.

Are you capable of a conversation with out a slur or name calling?

He had one great year. I am not saying he didn't but he isn't the end all of IU players or even close. His pro career , he had a great year. Obviously he wouldn't have been injured on the same play the second time as he was but likely going to happen. I don't wish bad on him but that is how it is.

There are several here who allow 1 opinion. Their own. I’ve backed off posting these last few weeks because it’s quite annoying

The injuries are a shame. Just as someone else said in this thread, Vic worked his butt off and he seemed to be reaching his athletic potential. Unfortunately it’s unlikely he ever regains that form now.

Vic is just the guy with the most promise in recent memory. I doubt anyone overtakes Isiah Thomas as the best IU pro. Someone would have to become top 3 at their position and win multiple championships.

To get us back on Tamar, I am excited about him as well. The thing I love is he transitioned from the all star go to guy as a jr to playing on an all star team as a sr and did it selflessly. If he can come into iu with that mentality, it will help him see the court early. Love his defense.

This read like a crush letter. You’re analyzing his voice and walk? Lol?

“Really good”.
Many other Big Ten teams will also be really good as well. We could be a good team and not finish higher than 7th in conference. We may squeak into an NCAA tourney if the chips fall just right.

One year and it was a weak year overall with players. I am just saying people on here act like he was Jordan at IU . Our current coach was a better player overall career by far a long with many others. He was really good one year and his pro career is looking to be close to the same
Now you’re comparing Vic to Woody as a player to make your point? Lame. I’m sure Woody would take offensive to your logic here too. Vic was a great player for us. Period. He played as hard as any player I’ve seen at IU since I started watching the team 46 years ago. I’d only take Quinn and Wilkerson ahead of him, defensively. And then you end your comments by condescendingly dumping on him because serious injuries have interrupted his assent. Jeez.

“Really good”.
Many other Big Ten teams will also be really good as well. We could be a good team and not finish higher than 7th in conference. We may squeak into an NCAA tourney if the chips fall just right.
I will bet what ever anyone would like we finish in the top 5 in conference. No chance we are even close to squeaking in the tournament unless TJD goes down.

Reactions: Lucy01
I’d only take Quinn and Wilkerson ahead of him, defensively.
Name the players Oladipo shut down?

Then do the same for Fife who shut down everyone he guarded.

by shut down i mean the player the above guarded had drastically lower scoring and stat output. Seriously .. do it. find the players Victor shut down. It won't be easy ..

After this exercise is done, realize that Oladipo's defense was far more hype and potential than actual substance or based on deed. He had a lot of steals gambling in passing lanes .. that's not what a good defender does. A good defender shuts his man down.

Fife, Greg Graham, Reynolds were all better defenders than Vic.

Now you’re comparing Vic to Woody as a player to make your point? Lame. I’m sure Woody would take offensive to your logic here too. Vic was a great player for us. Period. He played as hard as any player I’ve seen at IU since I started watching the team 46 years ago. I’d only take Quinn and Wilkerson ahead of him, defensively. And then you end your comments by condescendingly dumping on him because serious injuries have interrupted his assent. Jeez.
You didn't watch very close for 46 years then. He got really over enamored with himself and made contract mistakes and got injured in the pros . What makes you think Woodson would be offended? As over rated as Oladipo is for one year Mike is under rated for a career. He missed half of his sr year and no 3 point shot or he is IU's all time leading scorer. Big 10 MVP sr yr playing 6 league games, SIX games . Victor had one yr . I don't dislike him but he is a long way down the list at IU . I am just saying and because granted the last 20 yrs have been bad he is put a lot higher than he should be by some fans.

You didn't watch very close for 46 years then. He got really over enamored with himself and made contract mistakes and got injured in the pros . What makes you think Woodson would be offended? As over rated as Oladipo is for one year Mike is under rated for a career. He missed half of his sr year and no 3 point shot or he is IU's all time leading scorer. Big 10 MVP sr yr playing 6 league games, SIX games . Victor had one yr . I don't dislike him but he is a long way down the list at IU . I am just saying and because granted the last 20 yrs have been bad he is put a lot higher than he should be by some fans.
He was a light in a long period of darkness. Hasn’t made me put him above Calbert or many others, but for my 21 & 19 year old kids, he’s the greatest Hoosier ever

Name the players Oladipo shut down?

Then do the same for Fife who shut down everyone he guarded.

by shut down i mean the player the above guarded had drastically lower scoring and stat output. Seriously .. do it. find the players Victor shut down. It won't be easy ..

After this exercise is done, realize that Oladipo's defense was far more hype and potential than actual substance or based on deed. He had a lot of steals gambling in passing lanes .. that's not what a good defender does. A good defender shuts his man down.

Fife, Greg Graham, Reynolds were all better defenders than Vic.
The only player i can remember that Vic shut down was Aaron Craft and that was just one game. I would put Wilkerson on that list as well.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The only player i can remember that Vic shut down was Aaron Craft and that was just one game. I would put Wilkerson on that list as well.
Wilkerson was a freak. I saw Isiah on AJ Guyton's 'House of Hoosier' podcast and he was comparing his '81 championship team to the '76 team and he thought they could matchup to everyone except Wilkerson. I'm sure Isiah would've had nightmares about facing a 6'7" guard with extremely long arms and great athleticisim.

Reactions: hatchetdad
Victor got a lot of steals which led to fast breaks. Fast break points was a necessity for a Crean team since we didn't seem to have much of a half court offense.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

Jesus, the way he talks?

That is like people analyzing Jeremy Hollowell's facial expressions years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT