ADVERTISEMENT

Alfonzo Allen Decommits?

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
I apologize if I missed this but I see Alfonzo Allen Jr decommitted from Arizona State. I know IU was pretty high on this kid before he committed back in the spring. Who knows what he ends up doing but he said he wants to see how IU plays to start the season. Get some big wins early and maybe we can bring in yet another 4 star recruit. He is built like Marcelino Ball and could be a good one in the secondary.

I apologize if I missed this but I see Alfonzo Allen Jr decommitted from Arizona State. I know IU was pretty high on this kid before he committed back in the spring. Who knows what he ends up doing but he said he wants to see how IU plays to start the season. Get some big wins early and maybe we can bring in yet another 4 star recruit. He is built like Marcelino Ball and could be a good one in the secondary.
Yeah I think we got him

Reactions: YOTHN
Looks like a 2 way race between IU and Miami, but it seems like Miami started to cool down on him

He is in no hurry and plans to take some visits, he may come back here for a game, apparently he has been in contact with Michigan and may also visit them.

Based on the most recent article that came out about him, he doesn't seem to be as much of a lock on Miami and IU as I initially thought, sounds like he didn't fall in love with either school enough to commit, hopefully we can get him to come up for a game, a strong start to the season will be crucial if we want a shot at Allen, Curry, or Kelly, we need to at the very least win one of our two games against Cincy and Iowa. If we have one loss at Penn State, they could very easily have one or even two losses as they play Wisco and Auburn before they play IU, hopefully that takes the wind out of their sails and our guys can come out of happy valley with a W. Another important and somewhat strange note about the PSU game, it sounds like Drayk Bowen(5 Star 2023 Linebacker) is eyeing that game as for a visit. I don't think anything is set and stone, I thought it was really odd that he wanted to visit for a road game. But if we can win that one, it would help us with Bowen and it will hopefully give the boys some momentum going into the OSU game(2 weeks later). A good enough environment and a W from the Hoosiers against OSU and we may have done enough to convince Curry to stay home(lol that's the dream scenario at least).

ADVERTISEMENT