ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama presumed starting QB already has nearly $1M in endorsements

College football, and college sports in general, are really going to be screwed up. I hope we have a football season to remember, because college football & basketball may become unwatchable soon.

I'm confused on this crap. Can Penix rip his helmet off after a TD to show off an Upland head band, for example?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I'm confused on this crap. Can Penix rip his helmet off after a TD to show off an Upland head band, for example?
It is confusing. With IU wearing Addidas gear, what if Penix gets a Nike deal?

Or maybe wears FootJoys . . .

. . . or is Addidas free to get Penix to endorse its headband?

My head hurts.

I have a strong feeling I will find more things I dislike about INL than things I like.

It is confusing. With IU wearing Addidas gear, what if Penix gets a Nike deal?

Or maybe wears FootJoys . . .

. . . or is Addidas free to get Penix to endorse its headband?

My head hurts.
I read something that indicated they can’t do anything that interfere with team endorsements. So no. Not at this point.

I have a strong feeling I will find more things I dislike about INL than things I like.
You mean you think we might already be overrun with advertising intrusions and don't need any more?

That's unAmerican.

Just so.

Penix and the OL turn around and face the stands after a TD. In order, their headbands read - Celebrate. At. Upland. After. We. POTFB.
🧐

You own stock in Upland or something? You're being obstinate . . . like only a Univee can be.

Reactions: ulrey
You didn't answer the question . . .

. . . and I agree, we've got to get the TE involved.

Who is the TE this year anyway?

I've invested money there the last four times I've been in Bloomington.

That's it for free investment advice . . .

I think it will be nuts in the short term. This is new and shiny. When "investors " feel like they aren't getting enough bang for their buck it will settle down a lot.
People - let’s say bagmen in the SEC - were gaming the system when there was exactly no “bang” other than their preferred franchise winning games and the thrill of skirting the NCAA.

There are many more motivators in life than the simple and crude assessment of the income statement.

Hmmmmm . . . would this money help kids decide not to go pro early? Might be that this could be a separator for the big money programs . . . their top players stay in school longer, which could steer top level talent - who want to play right away - to next tier down programs.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out . . . probably the rich get richer.

Hmmmmm . . . would this money help kids decide not to go pro early? Might be that this could be a separator for the big money programs . . . their top players stay in school longer, which could steer top level talent - who want to play right away - to next tier down programs.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out . . . probably the rich get richer.
I’m not sure if this is the greatest of ideas/suggestions but maybe the NCAA or each college should require the “student/athlete” to pick up the cost of his scholarship if he signs for X amount of dollars. It’s not like the Alabama QB wouldn’t be able to pay his way if he going to make $1M for his time.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT