ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama football Covid-19 outbreak....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's just a construction crew.

How many does that place hold. 80K plus? Imagine if people got their way and people got sick at a game.

That's why I think if we do have football, it's gonna be tough to have fans in the stands.

But it Is outside so it will be a lot safer....

Like everyone else I hope the transmission rate stays low and we can get on to a new normal. I get that teams have to prepare as if they are going to play but I think that is still a long way away. If it’s safe to play I will be as excited as anyone.

Last edited:
But it Is outside so it will be a lot safer....
Yes, absolutely safer than inside but if you're sitting next to a spreader you'll surely get it. If you were inside sitting two away I imagine you'd get it but maybe not outside. I can imagine crowds with generous space between families outside. Filing out would be under control so people don't congregate. Slow walkers become a problem. Some people probably just shouldn't go to games. I would not want spectators inside and I'd require Everyone playing or coaching be tested the day of the game

And of course cheering multiplies the danger a lot. Maybe very well separated groups staggered by rows. Or maybe no spectators outside either.

I've put it behind me you should give it a try...No mask since this began, went to the store daily more than once since all this began, have already been around plenty of folks in the second "most infected" county in the state. Over 99.5% of people survive this, BUT

Keep believing what they tell you

You wanna make covid disappear? Quit watching the msm...
Very cool. Congrats.

Same with all the store employees not one infected...My daughter works at one and friends at another. Zero, Zippo, Zilch! No msm=No virus.

That's great for you, but the rest of us that have family members that have been effected by this, you sound like a righteous punk.

My stepdad just tested positive for COVID. He works at a dollar General distribution center. He goes to work and goes home. That's it. They grow their own veggies and buy cows and pigs and have them slaughtered and the meat is in their freezer. My brother goes to the store for them so they don't have to go out because of my mom. My mom is running a fever, presumed to have it now as well. My mom is in the extreme high risk category as she has had some serious health issues the last year.

Be thankful that you and people you know don't have it. But don't act like it's not out there effecting other people, because it is.

That's great for you, but the rest of us that have family members that have been effected by this, you sound like a righteous punk.

My stepdad just tested positive for COVID. He works at a dollar General distribution center. He goes to work and goes home. That's it. They grow their own veggies and buy cows and pigs and have them slaughtered and the meat is in their freezer. My brother goes to the store for them so they don't have to go out because of my mom. My mom is running a fever, presumed to have it now as well. My mom is in the extreme high risk category as she has had some serious health issues the last year.

Be thankful that you and people you know don't have it. But don't act like it's not out there effecting other people, because it is.
Man, your family has been through it, with your sister getting it. So glad she recovered and will include your parents in my prayers.

It's weird - I still don't personally know one person who has/had it.

I took my 90 year old mother out to eat when I was in Indiana last weekend. She couldn't wait to get out, but it's not like we all huddled together - we kept our distance.

Man, your family has been through it, with your sister getting it. So glad she recovered and will include your parents in my prayers.

It's weird - I still don't personally know one person who has/had it.

I took my 90 year old mother out to eat when I was in Indiana last weekend. She couldn't wait to get out, but it's not like we all huddled together - we kept our distance.

Yea, this one's worrisome because of my mom. My sister said that there's no reason to test her because she has all the signs and symptoms to she just has to tough it out and hope it doesn't get to bad.

Things were just getting back to a semi normal life too.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yea, this one's worrisome because of my mom. My sister said that there's no reason to test her because she has all the signs and symptoms to she just has to tough it out and hope it doesn't get to bad.

Things were just getting back to a semi normal life too.
I'm shocked she isn't in the hospital now.

I'm shocked she isn't in the hospital now.

Right now she's just got the fever and fatigue. The cough hasn't really started hard core yet so hoping that stays away.

No reason to go to the hospital when she would just he laying there, tbh.

Right now she's just got the fever and fatigue. The cough hasn't really started hard core yet so hoping that stays away.

No reason to go to the hospital when she would just he laying there, tbh.
I just figured they'd be able to better head off any problem with lungs if she was being monitored in the hospital.

It seems I hear a lot of the worst cases wait until there are actually breathing problems before they are admitted to the hospital. Now that we know we have the hospital capacity, maybe they need to start admitting those who are at risk earlier in the process.

Lets stay closed because of this. You guys its an illness like other illnesses. The death rate is extremely low. Hopefully you have a doc that doesn't follow Fauci protocol. But here you all are... These threads get old someone says ohhh my loved one got it and everyone melts. Ohhh its real, were all gonna die, we need to stay closed. Really? The docs have been lining up against Fauci and now comes 600 plus! Here's a letter that was just sent to Trump. We either open or were ****ed!!!! https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus...mp-mass-casualty-incident-if-lockdown-2979938

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Lets stay closed because of this. You guys its an illness like other illnesses. The death rate is extremely low. Hopefully you have a doc that doesn't follow Fauci protocol. But here you all are... These threads get old someone says ohhh my loved one got it and everyone melts. Ohhh its real, were all gonna die, we need to stay closed. Really? The docs have been lining up against Fauci and now comes 600 plus! Here's a letter that was just sent to Trump. We either open or were ****ed!!!! https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus...mp-mass-casualty-incident-if-lockdown-2979938
We are open. Business are back to work....there’s just no demand.

we stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the reality that we are dealing with two universes here.

the over 40-45 and those with health conditions, and the under 40-45 and relatively healthy, and refuse to build strategies around that reality.

we need to let the young and healthy go about their day and build herd immunity among that universe, while at the same time totally segregating the at risk universe from the non at risk.

those not at risk, but who can't totally segregate from the at risk universe, need to remain segregated with the at risk or find other life/living arrangements. (most will find other arrangements).

those at risk who wish to roll the dice anyway, can join the non at risk as well, but also need to totally segregate themselves from the at risk population who isn't so willing to roll the dice.

once we have accurate antibodies testing, the otherwise at risks who test positive for antibodies can also join the "freed" universe.

the "freed" universe will grow larger and larger, and the locked down universe will grow smaller and smaller, and the herd immune universe will also grow larger and larger without putting the at risk universe anymore at risk than they are anyway.

the larger the herd immune universe grows, the less at risk the at risk universe will be.

not only is reality based segregation of the two universes best from a public health and economy pov, but also the only long term politically doable strategy, as it doesn't force lock down on those unwilling to lock down, and doesn't incentivize Wall St who runs our govt on both sides of the aisle, to force everyone back to work before it's safe for everyone..

making this official govt strategy enables govt to finance the at risk population to stay in lockdown, without corporations and non at risks sucking up a huge portion of the available "lockdown" funds.

normal life returns for all the age non at risk, antibodies positive, and roll the dice universe, which will bring the economy as far back to normal as possible without risking the at risk universe who isn't willing to roll the dice yet, and while politically and economically enabling at risks to stay safe till a remedy or vaccine is developed.

totally segregating the two universes as official govt strategy/policy isn't ideal, but far far better than the unsustainable no strategy at all mess we now have..

the only one that's politically and economically doable long term with the least loss of life..

and the best strategy to build herd immunity among the majority of the population, making things better for everyone..

Last edited:

What’s the problem? Is it that these people at distribution centers are working too closely together? No masks? Is it a lack of ventilation? These big facilities seem the most prone. Anyway will keep your family in my thoughts.

What’s the problem? Is it that these people at distribution centers are working too closely together? No masks? Is it a lack of ventilation? These big facilities seem the most prone. Anyway will keep your family in my thoughts.

Where my stepdad works, the policy is that you are not allowed time off work unless you get tested foe COVID, and I'm not joking. I was floored when I heard that. Literally have to get sick for them to okay time off and not get in trouble. Ridiculous. But what does he do? Stay home and lose his job? He can't afford that.

People do work in tight, confined space, with no masks on. This is a distribution center, so there's going to be a lot of people that work there with no shut down.

Watch out. He'll excuse you of not talking football in a football thread, or of getting political (something he frequently does) and your post will be removed. Politics seems to be tolerated on this board (during the pandemic) only if you lean hard in a certain direction.

I understand that.

He doesn't want to get political, yet he's the first one to bring up the media, Trump and Fauci.

The first couple of posts were about football until he started up.

I understand that.

He doesn't want to get political, yet he's the first one to bring up the media, Trump and Fauci.

The first couple of posts were about football until he started up.
No bowlmania started up on the football board. I did so in the past and took my post down so as not to offend. I also understand it bleeding over because we are talking about an Alabama construction worker testing positive. Sorry if you thought the letter from the 600 docs was political...I'm not going to bash politicians on the football board thats for the water cooler and I do my fair share, but its over there.

The positive testing...Anyone see the Tanzanian leader speech (Magufuli) that went viral. The man holds degrees in chemistry and math. They faked test samples that they received from WHO. Everything from motor oil, fruits, goats, birds, and other specimen. The results were a joke. Fruit tested positive for covid as did other items. The president of the country is staying open and told his people stop living in fear and together we will get through this. Awesome Advice IMO.

In response to your wife and working. We've been out to restaurants up here in Hamilton county and they are full as they can be under the circumstances. We have also tried to tip well because we understand people like her are probably behind and need the money. Even curbside I'm tipping 20%.

I'm not trying to start anything either this is something we have to learn to live with. There is an excellent survival rate. There are many things people die of but we should not live in fear of this thing. Its starting to affect ALOT of other health concerns. Things do not make sense like leaving liquor stores and dispensaries open while restaurants and salons are closed. I'm also just stating my thoughts its a blog thats what we do here right? Sorry if some of you are offended by me choosing a different approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT