ADVERTISEMENT

Again, CNN Caught With an Agenda This Time By San Diego Affiliate

Hoosier_Hack

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2011
CNN went to a local tv affiliate in San Diego to get a local perspective on the effectiveness of a wall. When the results didn’t fit their agenda they pulled away from the story. The tv affiliate went public with it both on air and on the web accusing CNN of an agenda...

Regardless of your side, you can’t ignore these things. Where do you find these stories nationally? CNN? No... ABC? ... No... Any of the networks or cable outlets? Just one..... it’s real.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...ve-but-backed-off-when-response-favored-trump

https://sandiegofreepress.org/2014/...al-broadcast-tv-news-operations/#.XDj7ZuhKiUk

USI 51 “San Diego’s News Channel”
http://www.kusi.com/ Owner: McKinnon Broadcasting. The McKinnon family may have started out on the Democratic side of the political aisle–grampa Clinton Dodson McKinnon was a Congressman and founded the San Diego Journal to compete with the Union-Tribune–but these days they and their TV station are a bastion of Republicanism.

KUSI is the outlier in local TV news, proudly waving their viewpoints whenever possible. They even been known to take right wing spin and–presto-chango!— turn it into fact.

A look at the FCC files for 2014 political advertising buys shows just two names: Carl DeMaio and Californians Against Higher Health Care Costs (CAHC), an insurance company funded campaign opposing Proposition 45. (Prop 45 is a measure on the November ballot requiring insurance companies to justify and explain their rates, placing them under the regulatory oversight of the state’s Insurance Commissioner.)

Unlike most other independent TV stations, KUSI has built its programming around local news, more than 50 hours a week. It’s safe to say their newscasts are grounded in the alternative reality that defines GOP politics these days.

My favorite anecdotal evidence of this slant comes from reviewers on Yelp.com:

John PKUSI only success is in making the local Fox News team look like polished professionals. It’s a hair above a Public Access show, so view it with the same fleeting curiosity you’d give the two-headed calf at the County Fair. At least the calf can’t talk.

Russell S (Gave the station a 4 star rating)My wife and I watch KUSI news in the morning. I find some of their segments to be great but some of their political interviews seem to me to be very biased. For a while my wife thought city councilman Carl DeMaio was a member of the KUSI staff. I finally explained to her that He is just a blustery, loud mouth politician that likes to hear himself talk.

https://sandiegofreepress.org/2014/...al-broadcast-tv-news-operations/#.XDj7ZuhKiUk

http://www.kusi.com/ Owner: McKinnon Broadcasting. The McKinnon family may have started out on the Democratic side of the political aisle–grampa Clinton Dodson McKinnon was a Congressman and founded the San Diego Journal to compete with the Union-Tribune–but these days they and their TV station are a bastion of Republicanism.

KUSI is the outlier in local TV news, proudly waving their viewpoints whenever possible. They even been known to take right wing spin and–presto-chango!— turn it into fact.

A look at the FCC files for 2014 political advertising buys shows just two names: Carl DeMaio and Californians Against Higher Health Care Costs (CAHC), an insurance company funded campaign opposing Proposition 45. (Prop 45 is a measure on the November ballot requiring insurance companies to justify and explain their rates, placing them under the regulatory oversight of the state’s Insurance Commissioner.)

Unlike most other independent TV stations, KUSI has built its programming around local news, more than 50 hours a week. It’s safe to say their newscasts are grounded in the alternative reality that defines GOP politics these days.

John PKUSI only success is in making the local Fox News team look like polished professionals. It’s a hair above a Public Access show, so view it with the same fleeting curiosity you’d give the two-headed calf at the County Fair. At least the calf can’t talk.

Russell S (Gave the station a 4 star rating)My wife and I watch KUSI news in the morning. I find some of their segments to be great but some of their political interviews seem to me to be very biased. For a while my wife thought city councilman Carl DeMaio was a member of the KUSI staff. I finally explained to her that He is just a blustery, loud mouth politician that likes to hear himself talk.

In the OP of this thread, a Fox News story used a quote from Media Research Center to make it's point. MRC is a well-known right wing organization, founded by right wingnut, L. Brent Bozell III, who ripped T.Rump as a charlatan during the primaries, then turned around and ripped the press for their hatred of T.Rump after he won the nomination.

In the OP of this thread, a Fox News story used a quote from Media Research Center to make it's point. MRC is a well-known right wing organization, founded by right wingnut, L. Brent Bozell III, who ripped T.Rump as a charlatan during the primaries, then turned around and ripped the press for their hatred of T.Rump after he won the nomination.
Drudge is playing it up as well.

Did you even look and see what sandiegofreepress.org is all about? The advertise as a Progressive News Outlet. Not surprising they find the station “right wing”.... as most Progressives, anyone who doesn’t pull the line is considered right wing and the enemy. I’d say you need a better source. However, it doesn’t make their opinion any LESS valuable even if it is true. Do you think CNN would have ran with their opinion if it supported the Democrats stance on Border Security? I think they would have.... so what does that say?

Read it and ignore if you want. But your righteous anger falls on deaf ears for these reasons. It’s the double standard that permeates every position that you take that is truly appalling.

CNN went to a local tv affiliate in San Diego to get a local perspective on the effectiveness of a wall. When the results didn’t fit their agenda they pulled away from the story. The tv affiliate went public with it both on air and on the web accusing CNN of an agenda...

Regardless of your side, you can’t ignore these things. Where do you find these stories nationally? CNN? No... ABC? ... No... Any of the networks or cable outlets? Just one..... it’s real.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...ve-but-backed-off-when-response-favored-trump
Then again, maybe it's just more wishful speculation.
https://www.apnews.com/39adb8a994d043699e02793fec607d0e

Then again, maybe it's just more wishful speculation.
https://www.apnews.com/39adb8a994d043699e02793fec607d0e
Seriously doubt that... Of course they can’t say that is exactly why.... answer this, do you really think it is much of a stretch to think that is the reason? With Lemon’s comments on Trump, the ass hat at the WH press room....

Why do people like you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the bias in multiple stations coverage? Are you afraid too? I’m really baffled by it...

Why do people like you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the bias in multiple stations coverage? Are you afraid too? I’m really baffled by it...
Charges of bias from biased sources should be viewed critically.

It's odd to me that the most obviously biased right wing media sources are constantly whining about bias. I watch a lot of MSNBC and am under no illusions as to their POV, and while they ridicule Fox News incessantly, they aren't constantly whining about it.

Seriously, the right wingers are embarrassing themselves.

It's odd to me that the most obviously biased right wing media sources are constantly whining about bias. I watch a lot of MSNBC and am under no illusions as to their POV, and while they ridicule Fox News incessantly, they aren't constantly whining about it.

That is one honest vote....I point to this board as an answer to your question. The left refuses to acknowledge a bias in the reporting. The answer is always ya but...Fox News. Fox came about because of the slant... it made it possible. It isn’t just cable news... we have had plenty of scandals surrounding networks where people have been fired for slanted reporting...Dan Rather?

One persons whining is another persons oppression.....

Reactions: glidresquirrel

It’s their stock and trade. And it’s successful. MSM is so concerned with being accused by the right of bias that the reporting often is far too kind to Trump and the GOP. There is a lot of both sides when it simply doesn’t exist. Look at all the networks covering Trump’s speech this week. I absolutely believe that the decision to air the speech was influenced by their fear of being called biased by the right.

That is one honest vote....I point to this board as an answer to your question. The left refuses to acknowledge a bias in the reporting. The answer is always ya but...Fox News. Fox came about because of the slant... it made it possible. It isn’t just cable news... we have had plenty of scandals surrounding networks where people have been fired for slanted reporting...Dan Rather?

One persons whining is another persons oppression.....
And your response is yet another yabbut...

A) the right doesn't consider Fox News or conservative talk radio as media, which is curious since Fox has been a dominant player in news, and the right dominates talk radio.

point being, the right doesn't consider something as "media", unless they consider it left leaning by their standards..

thus the media is "left leaning" to the right literally by definition, because they don't consider it as "media", if it favors the right..

B), it's been a long time,15-20 yrs ago probably, i'm flipping channels, (remember those days), and come across a GOP political workshop on CSpan and tune in for a few minutes.

the guy on stage addressing the room is giving a tutorial to all those in the room on how whenever they are engaging anyone about something in the news, that they always need to double down on how liberally biased the media is.

then he goes on to explain to the GOP volunteers/workers etc in the room how this is a very effective long standing tactic of the GOP that they call "working the ref", and then tells the crowd again how effective the party has always felt this tactic is in dealing with how the public perceives news stories, so be sure to always push the "liberal media bias" thing as much as possible.

i don't know if he forgot the symposium/workshop was being taped by CSpan or what, or just didn't care, but was surprised at how publicly open and proud he was about it as an effective tool.

curious how many of the cooler's conservative sock puppets were in the room that day, or if that tutorial goes on at all their workshops.

Personally, I don't think it realistic to to expect ANY news outlet to be entirely unbiased these days. There are two Americas fighting a (so far) non-violent civil war. There is no middle ground anymore. Nobody on either side wants to hear about the opinions of the other side. News organizations need readers/viewers/listeners if they want to stay in business, so they need to pick a side and cater to it.

The question isn't whether they're biased or not. The question is "To what extent are they biased?" Are they so biased that they'll present "Some believe that [insert baseless rumor here]", as fact? Are they so biased that they'll use a phrase without context to generate unjustified rage? Are they so biased that they'll send out a list of "daily talking points" to all their talking heads in order to ram specific messages deeply into viewer's minds?

FOX does all that stuff. CNN doesn't. You'll need to come up with a MOUNTAIN of evidence if you want to prove equivalence. The personal opinion of some station manager in San Diego isn't even worthy of the pile.

Reactions: Digressions
A) the right doesn't consider Fox News or conservative talk radio as media, which is curious since Fox has been a dominant player in news, and the right dominates talk radio.

point being, the right doesn't consider something as "media", unless they consider it left leaning by their standards..

thus the media is "left leaning" to the right literally by definition, because they don't consider it as "media", if it favors the right..

B), it's been a long time,15-20 yrs ago probably, i'm flipping channels, (remember those days), and come across a GOP political workshop on CSpan and tune in for a few minutes.

the guy on stage addressing the room is giving a tutorial to all those in the room on how whenever they are engaging anyone about something in the news, that they always need to double down on how liberally biased the media is.

then he goes on to explain to the GOP volunteers/workers etc in the room how this is a very effective long standing tactic of the GOP that they call "working the ref", and then tells the crowd again how effective the party has always felt this tactic is in dealing with how the public perceives news stories, so be sure to always push the "liberal media bias" thing as much as possible.

i don't know if he forgot the symposium/workshop was being taped by CSpan or what, or just didn't care, but was surprised at how publicly open and proud he was about it as an effective tool.

curious how many of the cooler's conservative sock puppets were in the room that day, or if that tutorial goes on at all their workshops.

Are you saying that besides Fox News and talk radio, the other media is slanted and biased to the left? All I’m looking for is some honesty from the you guys. Just say it we all know it

Personally, I don't think it realistic to to expect ANY news outlet to be entirely unbiased these days. There are two Americas fighting a (so far) non-violent civil war. There is no middle ground anymore. Nobody on either side wants to hear about the opinions of the other side. News organizations need readers/viewers/listeners if they want to stay in business, so they need to pick a side and cater to it.

The question isn't whether they're biased or not. The question is "To what extent are they biased?" Are they so biased that they'll present "Some believe that [insert baseless rumor here]", as fact? Are they so biased that they'll use a phrase without context to generate unjustified rage? Are they so biased that they'll send out a list of "daily talking points" to all their talking heads in order to ram specific messages deeply into viewer's minds?

FOX does all that stuff. CNN doesn't. You'll need to come up with a MOUNTAIN of evidence if you want to prove equivalence. The personal opinion of some station manager in San Diego isn't even worthy of the pile.
I agree with your first paragraph. I don’t see how you can extrapolate to the second. I think this is about as honest as the left can be.... and I’ll take it. At least you are willing to stand on the line and look across...the rest are pansies

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT