indy1203

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2002
spring game, it seems they have a propensity for the bomb, I am wondering
if we have the DB'S to cover?

Well, yeah. ESPN has us ranked with OSU (in the "runners up" category, behind NW and Nebraska) at DB in the conference. They were also very good last year. We have a ton of depth at safety and Fant and Riggins are really, really good at CB. The D backfield isn't really an issue anymore. Now, we will need to apply pressure because OSU obviously has a ton of talent.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...rning-playmakers-in-way-too-early-db-rankings

Last edited:

I don't think their offense is going to change a lot. Barrett might take a few more shots downfield but their bread and butter will still be the read option. No way will they throw the ball 80% of the time. Barrett, Weber and fly sweeps with the H back. The DL will either lose or keep us in this game.

Since this was an intrasquad game, it is likely that the O coaches were testing the D backfield. How did the OSU D backfield match up?

What else could they do? They were playing "touch" even on the running game. It's not like they could do much else but heave it.

What else could they do? They were playing "touch" even on the running game. It's not like they could do much else but heave it.

Just played touch in the first quarter when the starters were in the game. Completing long ball was a weakness on the OSU offense last year so it was something they worked on in the Spring. Expect them to utilize it more this year if successful, but it's not going to be a heave-ho offense.

Just played touch in the first quarter when the starters were in the game.
Thanks for the correction. Didn't realize that. I only watched it a short time -- wasn't into watching touch football and changed the channel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT