ADVERTISEMENT

After sleeping a bit, and rewatching the games.

If he’s improved his ball handling and can improve his finishing at the hoop he will be playing some for sure. Only a fool would write him off so quickly,
Who do you see him beating out for playing time?

I think this team has a lot going for it that we haven't seen in some time.

Living in austin, i follow the Horns and Shaka recruits talent. When he left for Marquette and Bates left also and listed IU as a destination, I was pretty excited they had a good chance to land him after hearing Woodson's press conferences. Hoping for the Mo Creek that was to be.

TJD seems to have learned vet leadership qualities as the top player on a vet team that is balanced. The only question to me is if they can get solid PG play. They have 3 candidates that seemed poised to make that happen.

Woodson brings a ton of solid coaching experience from the NBA. He was asst. under larry Brown for both the Sixers and Pistons finals team. He also played for several really good NBA coaches during his career plus 4 years at IU for Knight. Fife seems impressive as a coach and has played for Knight and spent many years with Izzo.
Matta is overseeing all of this. Who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall in meetings when these guys are discussing basketball.

IMO, CMW seems like someone kids will want to play for. All he has to do now is win and that will attract even better players. Not going to make any predictions. Every off season the optimism is there but results are meh. This year does seem different. Chris Beard when he came to Texas said he doesn't believe in all this you got get your players so there should be a honeymoon period. Beard also mentioned that he is lucky that the transfer portal made this easier for Texas since added a lot good players for his first year in Austin. Somehow, I get that IU's coached probably feel this way too.

I am ready to give my prediction this year. This prediction is actually based on things. Because we all know, sometimes I just talk out of my ass!

What I can tell you is this team is full of hungry vets with something to prove. The age and maturity of our guys is something I have never seen on an IU team. Race, TJD, Rob, Miller, X, Parker, and Durr are grown men. More than half the squad is of legal drinking age and has played 2+ seasons of college ball.

Youth has tons of potential. Tamar and JG will 100% play in the NBA. Lander Leal Galloway, they could all have their own form of popping at some point this year. So many guys have specific roles IMO that they need to work at mastering. We have a full team this year, no holes.

I am gonna say we are a 3 seed this year. Finish 2nd in the Big ten behind MI. Don't worry, I always put my money where my mouth is. I am gonna bet a ton of money on IU this year, lot of value early.

I smell another wager......

Yep. So doubling it all? Either $400 or $0?
You got it. But you are feeling nice today aren't you, lets make it 5.5 seed or better. Top 20 team, Id be pissed if I lost on the 18th ranked team in the country and a 5 seed. That is still way out on a limb.

Deal?

That’s what I am saying!
You banned me on the Purdue board Brian, remember? You commented with emoji laughing on posts, & like posts on the Rivals Purdue Men's basketball board, & probably their football board too. You are a total joke.

You make Trump look honest/intelligent/acceptable

:O

You banned me on the Purdue board Brian, remember? You commented with emoji laughing on posts, & like posts on the Rivals Purdue Men's basketball board, & probably their football board too. You are a total joke.

You are such an amateur!

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
If he’s improved his ball handling and can improve his finishing at the hoop he will be playing some for sure. Only a fool would write him off so quickly,
For a guy who can't shoot straight (from over 10'), he finishes pretty good near the hoop. He also has good leaping ability, is a good rebounder & plays pretty good defense. If he fixes his outside shot, he'll be fine/playing a lot more.

But he'd better fix his shot quick, his teammates won't wait, CMW either.

Stop the politics over here. You can’t go one hour without mentioning orange man bad. Love him or hate him he lives rent free in that melon of yours. He’s not president anymore. Do a little dance and turn the page.

Reactions: mathboy
Stop the politics over here. You can’t go one hour without mentioning orange man bad. Love him or hate him he lives rent free in that melon of yours. He’s not president anymore. Do a little dance and turn the page.
He thinks everyone on this board has multiple rivals accounts and have caused people to be banned on the broiler board or done the the banning themselves, but that's what you got out of that?
:D

Good idea, let’s revisit this topic before Christmas.
IU will be good (5/6 in conf. & NCAA tourney team) this season, Purdue will be better, top ten in nation good/great.

Btw (confirmed by Indy Star, as I predicted): JI, SS, MG, TW & ZE. :)
TOLD YOU SO. :)

Common sense prevails, yet again. :)

:)

IU will be good (5/6 in conf. & NCAA tourney team) this season, Purdue will be better, top ten in nation good/great.

Btw (confirmed by Indy Star, as I predicted): JI, SS, MG, TW & ZE. :)
TOLD YOU SO. :)

Common sense prevails, yet again. :)

Purdue good/great??? Must be good to dream

Go make a bet with Cav. He’s always interested in throwing down $$$ on just about anything. My family has a long history of gambling problems. I generally try to avoid. I choose other bad habits
I once (years ago) bet $$$ on games, now I wager something other than physical objects. Are you a Trump supporter?

I once (years ago) bet $$$ on games, now I wager something other than physical objects. Are you a Trump supporter?

If PU is better than IU I have to sleep with your sister, if IU is better you sleep with my neighbors cow. I have been known to go out on limbs, and willing to give you the clear better punishment in a loss here. We got a bet?

Reactions: Lucy01
If PU is better than IU I have to sleep with your sister, if IU is better you sleep with my neighbors cow. I have been known to go out on limbs, and willing to give you the clear better punishment in a loss here. We got a bet?
how do you know you'd rather not have the cow???

how often have they had a pretty good roster and ended up being great????? Crickets.....
None from a national persective that I recall, but all things are relative. They will be pretty darned good in the regular season.

Trump supporter? No... Biden supporter? Hell, no
Wise choices. I take it you're an IU fan ?

Betting, more along the lines of how IU does, & Purdue does, compared to how we predicted, say now. The wager, loser has to start five consecutive threads, five days in a row, stating the supremacy of the other school.

Make a Purdue prediction & IU prediction, on how each will finish the B1G regular season/which place, & how each will do in the NCAA tourney.

Loser has to start the five threads mentioned above, in this forum/men's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT