ADVERTISEMENT

After sleeping a bit, and rewatching the games.

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
I am ready to give my prediction this year. This prediction is actually based on things. Because we all know, sometimes I just talk out of my ass!

What I can tell you is this team is full of hungry vets with something to prove. The age and maturity of our guys is something I have never seen on an IU team. Race, TJD, Rob, Miller, X, Parker, and Durr are grown men. More than half the squad is of legal drinking age and has played 2+ seasons of college ball.

Youth has tons of potential. Tamar and JG will 100% play in the NBA. Lander Leal Galloway, they could all have their own form of popping at some point this year. So many guys have specific roles IMO that they need to work at mastering. We have a full team this year, no holes.

I am gonna say we are a 3 seed this year. Finish 2nd in the Big ten behind MI. Don't worry, I always put my money where my mouth is. I am gonna bet a ton of money on IU this year, lot of value early.

the homers at GBI will love this. Their 2021-22 B1G champ trophy is already a foregone conclusion to them.

I'll be giddy if your results pan out. Cohesiveness, staying healthy, and improve shooting. That's what this team needs.

I am ready to give my prediction this year. This prediction is actually based on things. Because we all know, sometimes I just talk out of my ass!

What I can tell you is this team is full of hungry vets with something to prove. The age and maturity of our guys is something I have never seen on an IU team. Race, TJD, Rob, Miller, X, Parker, and Durr are grown men. More than half the squad is of legal drinking age and has played 2+ seasons of college ball.

Youth has tons of potential. Tamar and JG will 100% play in the NBA. Lander Leal Galloway, they could all have their own form of popping at some point this year. So many guys have specific roles IMO that they need to work at mastering. We have a full team this year, no holes.

I am gonna say we are a 3 seed this year. Finish 2nd in the Big ten behind MI. Don't worry, I always put my money where my mouth is. I am gonna bet a ton of money on IU this year, lot of value early.
It will be interesting to see how Lander develops under this crew. Rob is the other wild card I want to watch.

After watching them play in Atlantis, I agree with you. I was surprised how quickly they could look that good. Does Stewart remind you, even a little, of Eric Gordon?

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
The first 4 out of 5 seasons of CBK at IU were pretty special.
Knight started in 71', Woody 21'
Woody played for Knight
The day CMW was announced, I had put my left sock on, before my right. I had not done that in 15 years. I have a system!

I think, looking at the data. We are close to experiencing GREAT things !

I’m with you in the sense that this team is underrated nationally. I fully expect a top 4 finish on the B1G and good shot at a 2nd weekend in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott

Oh, I hope this ages well.

I haven’t kept track but it seems like an eternity since the Hoosiers outperformEd preseason expectations.

I was drinking the Kool-Aid that was being served during Coach Miller‘s reign. Maybe not as bad as many others but I thought his success at Dayton would translate to wins in Bloomington. The pack line defense challenged the competition into a 3-point shootout. And the Hoosiers sucked behind the arc. To be as bad as the Hoosiers were at the free-throw line is basically confirming that they just weren’t very good basketball players. Or at least they couldn‘t shoot. And if you can’t shoot, that’s a pretty bad thing in basketball.

Coach Woodson will make the Hoosiers play tough man-to-man defense. But I have serious reservations that he can change the ways of the gang the couldn’t shoot straight.

By the 3rd or 4th Big Ten game, Woodson will have to show real coaching prowess to win games. This team is a rough bunch learning to play together, and learning to expect to win. That doesn't happen overnight and we have nothing to go on with Woods on in terms of offensive system.
People would be just as excited if Woody had signed Jeremy Hollowell, Steve Hart, and Lawrence Funderburke.

Time will tell.

• Love
Reactions: RunninRichie
I haven’t kept track but it seems like an eternity since the Hoosiers outperformEd preseason expectations.

I was drinking the Kool-Aid that was being served during Coach Miller‘s reign. Maybe not as bad as many others but I thought his success at Dayton would translate to wins in Bloomington. The pack line defense challenged the competition into a 3-point shootout. And the Hoosiers sucked behind the arc. To be as bad as the Hoosiers were at the free-throw line is basically confirming that they just weren’t very good basketball players. Or at least they couldn‘t shoot. And if you can’t shoot, that’s a pretty bad thing in basketball.

Coach Woodson will make the Hoosiers play tough man-to-man defense. But I have serious reservations that he can change the ways of the gang the couldn’t shoot straight.

I did not know who Ryan was when we hired him. Seemed like a guy that was a good gamble to hit at the time.

Will never forget being on the court watching ISU beat the piss out of us. I should have walked out to mid court, and punted the ball to the rafters. Hindsight is 20/20

By the 3rd or 4th Big Ten game, Woodson will have to show real coaching prowess to win games. This team is a rough bunch learning to play together, and learning to expect to win. That doesn't happen overnight and we have nothing to go on with Woods on in terms of offensive system.
People would be just as excited if Woody had signed Jeremy Hollowell, Steve Hart, and Lawrence Funderburke.

Time will tell.
After watching Tamar play one game, you will never compare him to those 3 ever again.

• Haha
I did not know who Ryan was when we hired him. Seemed like a guy that was a good gamble to hit at the time.

Will never forget being on the court watching ISU beat the piss out of us. I should have walked out to mid court, and punted the ball to the rafters. Hindsight is 20/20
IU should have fired Archie after that game! The program never advanced after.
We all know Archie’s brother wasn’t successful without cheating!

If Kopp stays healthy, Bates can shoot as well as he has show in the game, and one of X or Steward can shoot well, we will take a real step forward. Hell, just Kopp makes us better than we were. No doubt in my mind there.

If Kopp stays healthy, Bates can shoot as well as he has show in the game, and one of X or Steward can shoot well, we will take a real step forward. Hell, just Kopp makes us better than we were. No doubt in my mind there.
Don’t forget IU’s pure shooter and free throw dead eye Anthony Leal.

Or after the IUPUI FW game. I checked out during the 12 of 13 loss shit show after trying to give AM the benefit of the doubt. That was losing the team, it's seriously hard to lose that much with 2 NBA players on the roster. I hate to say it, but I think I was way wrong on AM being an improvement on TC. AM is so awful, I think there's a very good chance that we'll be paying his full salary until it's settled up. His time here and his scumbag brother are not highlights on his resume.

Or after the IUPUI FW game. I checked out during the 12 of 13 loss shit show after trying to give AM the benefit of the doubt. That was losing the team, it's seriously hard to lose that much with 2 NBA players on the roster. I hate to say it, but I think I was way wrong on AM being an improvement on TC. AM is so awful, I think there's a very good chance that we'll be paying his full salary until it's settled up. His time here and his scumbag brother are not highlights on his resume.
When IU hired Little Archie I thought we hit a home run, but it was a foul ball.

Don’t forget IU’s pure shooter and free throw dead eye Anthony Leal.
We have some guys who came back who should step up their game. But my focus was more on the adds. Would love to see Leal, Rob, JG, Galloway or Lander really step up their game from 3pt land as well.

I was at dinner with my wife at a sports bar up here in the nw burbs and that game didn't get any TV coverage for me. I looked up the score on the ESPN website midway thru the 2nd half, and remember thinking..."WTF? That can't be right". talk about a harbinger of things yet to come.

I would like nothing more than Leal to step up and prove me wrong!
I think the problem with Leal is that it's hard to see anything that he does well, or does horribly and I don't think any amount of coaching or experience is gonna alter that. He was an IN Mr. BBall somehow, so I hope I'm wrong, but I see a whole lot of Pat Knight in his game

Reactions: Lucy01
I think the problem with Leal is that it's hard to see anything that he does well, or does horribly and I don't think any amount of coaching or experience is gonna alter that. He was an IN Mr. BBall somehow, so I hope I'm wrong, but I see a whole lot of Pat Knight in his game
He doesn’t have the quickness it takes for the college game.

Agreed ..
But as a spot up shooter..I'd say he can get that part done..
Surely he looks even a little better as a sophomore...?
Leal is smart and thinks first instead of acting on instinct. Most players like that are great role players and seldom ever become stars. I will be glad to have him 5 years with limited expectations.

• Sad
Leal is smart and thinks first instead of acting on instinct. Most players like that are great role players and seldom ever become stars. I will be glad to have him 5 years with limited expectations.
I don’t see Galloway having much playing time after January!

How healthy is Brunk now? If healthy, he should get some good minutes for O$U this season (& maybe next season?). He could be a difference maker for them this season, if healthy.

This is hilarious.
How many different board names do you have? How many on the Purdue board? Why so many different board names at the same time? I love Lucy01 the best. :O, & IUhaterade on the Purdue board :O :O, yep, = exposed again.

:O

Board Investigator

“ They “ don’t know their butt from a hole in the ground!
We/the previously banned laid posting & board name traps for you multiple times, you fell for all of them, & exposed yourself JohnnieDoeBoler. Purdue & IU don't want you. Go play on the ND board.

Go play on the ND board

Board Investigator

We/the previously banned laid posting & board name traps for you multiple times, you fell for all of them, & exposed yourself JohnnieDoeBoler. Purdue & IU don't want you. Go play on the ND board.

Go play on the ND board

Board Investigator
Quit acting like Courtsensetwo!

Go play on the ND board

Board Investigator
🌽

I don’t see Galloway having much playing time after January!
If he’s improved his ball handling and can improve his finishing at the hoop he will be playing some for sure. Only a fool would write him off so quickly,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT