ADVERTISEMENT

Adios, Archie

HoosierJimbo89

All-American
Nov 27, 2010
Rather disappointed to say this, get no pleasure from it. If you can't even beat PU at home, you need to go. I'm tired of that, tired of a losing Big Ten record. GTFO. Can't recruit, can't put together a coherent roster. Just not the guy. I can't think of one advantage Archie gives us as a coach, only disadvantages.

Why does PU beat us? Size advantage, shooting advantage, better offense, they try harder and want it more. Go find a coach that can do these things better.

Rather disappointed to say this, get no pleasure from it. If you can't even beat PU at home, you need to go. I'm tired of that, tired of a losing Big Ten record. GTFO.

Why does PU beat us? Size advantage, shooting advantage, better offense, they try harder and want it more. Go find a coach that can do these things better.
Dunno, but ****ing getting really old. I hate those fat ****ers

Rather disappointed to say this, get no pleasure from it. If you can't even beat PU at home, you need to go. I'm tired of that, tired of a losing Big Ten record. GTFO. Can't recruit, can't put together a coherent roster. Just not the guy.

It might be in Archie’s best interest if he his fired or resigns after this year. He’s been exposed as a small time mid major coach. Next year is going to be even uglier if TJD leaves. On a positive note, TJD is really good and fun to watch.

Even these guys are in shock how bad Lil’ Arch is !!!

zZTXvgI.jpg

It might be in Archie’s best interest if he his fired or resigns after this year. He’s been exposed as a small time mid major coach. Next year is going to be even uglier if TJD leaves. On a positive note, TJD is really good and fun to watch.
Agree, Archie just hasn't been able to evolve from mid-major to the big time. You know what to expect from him by now, and it isn't anything special.

4 years of Archie teams. They are consistent when it comes to falling behind with poor starts, grindingly bad Offense, bad 3-point shooting and bad FT shooting. None of these aspects have improved, in fact, it's getting worse. A former pg who can't teach offense.

His emotionless persona seems to have rubbed off on his team. Sorry, some games ARE more Important, especially when you need a win. Yet, they come out flat...again.

Agree, Archie just hasn't been able to evolve from mid-major to the big time. You know what to expect from him by now, and it isn't anything special.
His recruiting is out the window, too. He’s a lame duck in the next two or three years.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Rather disappointed to say this, get no pleasure from it. If you can't even beat PU at home, you need to go. I'm tired of that, tired of a losing Big Ten record. GTFO. Can't recruit, can't put together a coherent roster. Just not the guy. I can't think of one advantage Archie gives us as a coach, only disadvantages.

we mock them all the time about this game being “their super bowl”...maybe it’s just the culture that Painter demands. Gillis had two buckets early that were all about heart. Set the tone early.

By the way, Gillis, Ivey, Newman are going to be a thorn in our side for three more years. Dudes can play and understand their role.

4 years of Archie teams. They are consistent when it comes to falling behind with poor starts, grindingly bad Offense, bad 3-point shooting and bad FT shooting. None of these aspects have improved, in fact, it's getting worse. A former pg who can't teach offense.

His emotionless persona seems to have rubbed off on his team. Sorry, some games ARE more Important, especially when you need a win. Yet, they come out flat...again.
Offense has been pathetic, including shooting. Archie doesn't understand that the Big Ten is a physical league and refuses to recruit adequate size. Recruiting period isn't impressive. It is painful to watch his teams play. Archie is a negative value coach.

we mock them all the time about this game being “their super bowl”...maybe it’s just the culture that Painter demands. Gillis had two buckets early that were all about heart. Set the tone early.
You have to put your players in a position to succeed, and you have to want it more than the other team: Painter does this, Archie doesn't. There is a reason Archie hasn't beat Painter yet. I think PU cares more, and that makes me want to vomit.

Been one of his biggest supporters.

Why? I seriously can’t understand how anybody could still support Miller to this point. It’s not like this mediocrity just came out of nowhere.

See, I don’t understand the UK fans who are calling for Calipari’s head right now. Yeah, they’re having a bad season. But it has to be looked at in the context of his entire tenure there...which has been impressive.

Archie’s IU teams have never gotten out of third gear (and usually seem stuck somewhere closer to second)....for almost 4 years now.

I don’t understand the UK fans who are calling for Calipari’s head right now. Yeah, they’re having a bad season. But it has to be looked at in the context of his entire tenure there...which has been impressive.
It’s obvious why with Cal - he’s not getting the John Wall/Anthony Davis/KAT anymore. His level of recruit can’t make up for the amount of youth he has on his team year after year.

Reactions: Krafty97grad
It’s obvious why with Cal - he’s not getting the John Wall/Anthony Davis/KAT anymore. His level of recruit can’t make up for the amount of youth he has on his team year after year.

Maybe. But he got those guys for many years and it paid off pretty handsomely for him and UK. And maybe that’ll never happen for him again. Time will tell.

Point is: that’s a situation where a coach has earned a great deal of latitude for having a bad season.

What’s our excuse for tolerating 4 mediocre ones...with zero good ones (let alone great ones)?

I can't think of one reason TJD would want to return and go through this crap again. They obviously didn't work on his mid-range shot. Even with COVID, he could have been given instruction on what to work on. My guess is he will work on it while making 2 Mil+ in the NBA next year.

Maybe. But he got those guys for many years and it paid off pretty handsomely for him and UK. And maybe that’ll never happen for him again. Time will tell.

Point is: that’s a situation where a coach has earned a great deal of latitude for having a bad season.

What’s our excuse for tolerating 4 mediocre ones...with zero good ones (let alone great ones)?
You have to see improvement by year 4, and there just hasn't been any. Archie's plateau is a .500 or below Big Ten record, maybe squeaks in the NCAA's. There are just too many holes, and they never get fixed.

I can't think of one reason TJD would want to return and go through this crap again. They obviously didn't work on his mid-range shot. Even with COVID, he could have been given instruction on what to work on. My guess is he will work on it while making 2 Mil+ in the NBA next year.
Trayce would be even better if we had guards and a small forward that could create their own shot and shoot. There would be less double teams and clogged lane.

There is no if. TJD is gone. His camp will stick to the plan.

Offense has been pathetic, including shooting. Archie doesn't understand that the Big Ten is a physical league and refuses to recruit adequate size. Recruiting period isn't impressive. It is painful to watch his teams play. Archie is a negative value coach.
He made a run with one Dayton team when they were undersized and I truly believe he thinks he can do that anywhere. Someone needs to tell him that he is no longer in A10 no longer where his crap worked but he is in the BIG where hi gimmicks have no value.

Reactions: mk23

By the way, Gillis, Ivey, Newman are going to be a thorn in our side for three more years. Dudes can play and understand their role.
This season doesn’t count, so try “four more years“

He made a run with one Dayton team when they were undersized and I truly believe he thinks he can do that anywhere. Someone needs to tell him that he is no longer in A10 no longer where his crap worked but he is in the BIG where hi gimmicks have no value.
Try getting the facts straight. He made a run with an undersized team into the second round of The tournament. Then went to the elite eight with another team after beating “The Ohio State University“

On paper, he was a good hire. He went to the NCAA's every year after the Elite 8 year and finished 2, 1, and 1 in conference. Archie certainly has not evolved to a power conference.

6th, 9th, and 10th. Our finishes in the Big 10 have been sliding in the wrong direction under Archie. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we end 12th this year, only ahead of Nebraska and Penn St.

Reactions: Hoosierific

Throw in Morton and the additions of Kaufman/Furst. We won’t be beating them anytime in the near future, in fact if Trayce leaves they’ll be able to name the score as early as next year.

Sampson beat Painter on the first try: it is the coach, and it matters.
True but I think Archie gets another year regardless. I hope not as going into the season as a lame duck coach never ends well, but there doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency with the program right now.

Also Sampson had better players in year one, this team will be completely bereft of talent If Trayce leaves.

True but I think Archie gets another year regardless. I hope not as going into the season as a lame duck coach never ends well, but there doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency with the program right now.
If TJD leaves, it will be worse. We don't have Oladipo or Zeller coming in. Archie isn't changing his stripes.

He has one shot-layup or dunk and misses half of them
He’s averaging over 20ppg, 54% shooting, as the only big man on a team with guards that can’t throw it in the ocean. I would say that he’s doing pretty damn good considering.

Also Sampson had better players in year one, this team will be completely bereft of talent If Trayce leaves.

It’s whatever. Fire Archie, doesn’t matter. I’ve seen nothing from IU that indicates they’d hire anyone worth a f*** anyways. They won’t do the right thing and install an interim coach for one season while they spend that entire time searching/contacting/interviewing/negotiating.

...there doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency with the program right now.

Right now?

I think Archie would be fired if the money was there. I thought he should’ve been let go after last season, myself. I saw all I’d needed to see. But it wasn’t a very popular opinion.

Right now?

I think Archie would be fired if the money was there. I thought he should’ve been let go after last season, myself. I saw all I’d needed to see. But it wasn’t a very popular opinion.
There was a time where you could make an argument that IU was the best program of all time, now I’m not sure if the administration cares anymore. Certainly not as much as they once did. Any other top program and Archie would be on his way out.

Looking at the schedule this see no more than 7 BIG10 wins, recruiting is already going in the tank. Unfortunately we’ll end up holding onto him for a year too long, Trayce will leave prompting the season to go to shit, and we’ll waste another year of losing recruits because we have a coach everyone knows isn’t going to stay around.

That’s the program IU has become, sad but true.

Reactions: pufan4

He chooses not to shoot jumpers when he is open. He doesn't have that yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT