ADVERTISEMENT

Additional Football Facility Needs

Probably more along the lines of "Important People Box" rather than just "Press Box".

Press Box just sounds better and doesn't make others feel unimportant lol.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I've said this for awhile but I think a simple cost effective upgrade would be team colored bench seats. They should replace the silver colored benches with cream and crimson striped benches. For now while we try and grow, it will at the very least give the attendance a better visual appearance on TV let alone give the entire stadium an instant makeover. Once full, you won't even see them anyways but something about the miles of open silver seating is just rough.

I'm pretty sure that was the justification for painting the walls.
not a good idea. first, they will have to be painted every few years. also, you won't see that improvement because fans will be, you know, sitting on them. coming up with an idea to make empty seats during games more visually appealing seems ridiculous. just focus on building a winning program and put butts in seats

Agreed,those aluminum bleachers really stand out,even more so on a sunny day.
It’s not a good look.
instead of painting the bleachers why not just paint images of fans on them or use inflatable fans. can't believe we are discussing how to make empty seats look more appealing to reduce our embarrassment

is the press really that important now that there are a hundred websites to get iu football news?
Not as important as in the past. As others say, it's more about the rich people paying $1,500 to $3,500 per seat.

I just want it to look nice and new.

not a good idea. first, they will have to be painted every few years. also, you won't see that improvement because fans will be, you know, sitting on them. coming up with an idea to make empty seats during games more visually appealing seems ridiculous. just focus on building a winning program and put butts in seats

lol Wow, paint them? Who said paint them? The idea of that is about as foolish as your response. Come on, you're better than this.

orlando2017-1-pub.jpg

Last edited:
instead of painting the bleachers why not just paint images of fans on them or use inflatable fans. can't believe we are discussing how to make empty seats look more appealing to reduce our embarrassment

Instead of coming to a board to post things that make no sense all while being condescending, why not save your time and energy?

For 70 bucks a pop we should have reclining, lined, massage chairs.

Honestly, they need to have tiered pricing and family packages. Think of how many families would enjoy a Saturday at the game. Personally I can afford it, BUT for a family of four thats 280 a pop without food and beverages. Thats pretty expensive IMO. Locals (Monroe County) should be offered a package for sure.
I think those of us that drive should get a break. If you could see how lonely I69 North is on game day, you would be shocked.

I would like a pavilion to allow tailgating without rain and the hot sun early in the season. A large structure with only a roof and restroom facilities would be nice.

I think those of us that drive should get a break. If you could see how lonely I69 North is on game day, you would be shocked.

I would like a pavilion to allow tailgating without rain and the hot sun early in the season. A large structure with only a roof and restroom facilities would be nice.

I have thought a VIP tailgate spot with amenities like that would be nice. Pay a bit extra, have an area set aside. Supply better-than-port-a-johns bathrooms (like the white trailers they use for some events), rain coverage, a TV setup, options to tap into power. Maybe give people a chance to build a bit of a community in the area.

Unfortunately IU's way of doing this was the Blockparty thing that cost a few hundred bucks a pop. No idea how much this was used during the season last year.

Maybe we need to start with the basics. Based upon the pictures of the stands at last years Purdue game, maybe way should find a way to keep
the pigeons out of the facility and keep pigeon crap out of the stands, or hire enough maintenance employees to deal with the final product in a timely manner.

I'm not terribly sure what year this pic was taken, but I think it proves the press box is pretty much the same since the early days of the stadium.

card00542_fr.jpg

the crowds apparently have changed though.
(pre bleachers and looks like a Sept day, so you can't credit Rose Bowl mania or a PU game)

the press box is fine. it's the 1/3rd empty party that hurts the look of the stadium now.

how the stadium looks on Saturday is what counts.

True,inflatable fans would be far less embarrassing.
Get this man a job in the Athletic Dept.

Where did I say they wasted money?
i did not say you said that. i am saying spending $1500-$3500 per seat is a waste of money. of course, i am a cheapwad and wouldn't spend $50 to see iu play football. maybe for a bowl game

Yes, because it is not just the reporting of news that counts. Observation and opinion from reputable commentators counts.
who would you consider a reputable commentator whose opinion you value. right now i rely on coaches press conferences and players too, i guess. i rarely read any stories unless i think there might be something in there i do not know. i never read game or strategy analysis from reporters as they know less than me, especially in basketball. the only football opinion i value and go out of my way to read is our very own superstar84 because he is a former player.

It’s fine up there, just cramped. Will need replaced long term. It’s hardly a dump or anything.

Would like to see it expanded with reception areas and more suites. The only issue is it is so dames far from the field. 114 rows to the Bottom of the structure?

At Ross Ade we sit in Shively which has some indoor/outdoor areas and it is nice but closer to the field than IU would be.

Or you could do like 99% of the tailgaters and bring your own tent.

Maybe we need to start with the basics. Based upon the pictures of the stands at last years Purdue game, maybe way should find a way to keep
the pigeons out of the facility and keep pigeon crap out of the stands, or hire enough maintenance employees to deal with the final product in a timely manner.
The horse is dead. Get off it.

I think they are called beer tents.

Would like to see it expanded with reception areas and more suites. The only issue is it is so dames far from the field. 114 rows to the Bottom of the structure?

At Ross Ade we sit in Shively which has some indoor/outdoor areas and it is nice but closer to the field than IU would be.

Yes we do! Vbg

things have really entered crazyville here.

how did no one suggest candy striped tarps?

or tarps with faces on them like the mural that covered the weight room window of the NEZ that overlooked the field.

no doubt the attending fans, tv viewing audience, and visitors, thought those were actually real people looking out that window watching the game.

who knew?

how bout instead of coming up with beyond ridiculous gimmicks in a pathetic attempt to mask the empty seats, as if that would actually fool anyone, how bout we do whatever it takes to actually get real butts in those seats, even if that means the "powers that be" doing things they have avoided like the plague doing, and would prefer the earth spinning out of orbit rather than resort to.

Last edited:
I think they are called beer tents.
No, my hometown built a city block long structure that is used as a farmer's market and a place for alumni to meet at homecoming. It is a permanent structure, not a damn tent.

No, my hometown built a city block long structure that is used as a farmer's market and a place for alumni to meet at homecoming. It is a permanent structure, not a damn tent.
That would look real nice the other 358 days of the year.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT