ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Kunkel (Belmont) to transfer

He would be worth a look. 39% shooter from 3 on over 200 attempts last year. Not sure about his defensive abilities, but at least one to take a look at

He would be worth a look. 39% shooter from 3 on over 200 attempts last year. Not sure about his defensive abilities, but at least one to take a look at
My only question was why Belmont? If he is a B1G player then why didn't he get a scholarship to a B1G school already? I don't know anything about him. Ok he is going to Xavier. I just read that.

We don't need any more backcourt depth, and he wasn't as good of a shooter against high level competition. At this point, unless it is frontcourt depth, save the schollie for next year....

Reactions: T.M.P.
My only question was why Belmont? If he is a B1G player then why didn't he get a scholarship to a B1G school already? I don't know anything about him. Ok he is going to Xavier. I just read that.

You do realize that players grow and mature differently, yes? You do also realize that coaches miss on players too, yes? Why was Ja Morant at Murray State (Same conference as Belmont)? Morant ended up being the #2 pick and likely ROY. You telling me he couldn't play in the B1G? Because no B1G coach offered him either.

I can't tell you why Belmont was his best offer two years ago, but I saw him torch Boston College for 38 and he had 16 vs. Bama last year. He'll do well at X, in my humble opin.

You do realize that players grow and mature differently, yes? You do also realize that coaches miss on players too, yes? Why was Ja Morant at Murray State (Same conference as Belmont)? Morant ended up being the #2 pick and likely ROY. You telling me he couldn't play in the B1G? Because no B1G coach offered him either.

I can't tell you why Belmont was his best offer two years ago, but I saw him torch Boston College for 38 and he had 16 vs. Bama last year. He'll do well at X, in my humble opin.

Agree 100% - I've seen him play 5 or 6 times and the kid can shoot, is mentally tough, plays hard, and at least an average defender. He didn't play much his freshman year and then took a quantum leap forward last year for Belmont. Shooting never goes out of style in basketball. A lot of people don't realize how much talent there is out there beyond the power conferences. Belmont had a kid (from Indianapolis - Dylan Windler) also chosen in the first round of last year's NBA draft to go along with Morant from Murray State from the OVC. And the OVC isn't ranked among the top 20 conferences.

Agree 100% - I've seen him play 5 or 6 times and the kid can shoot, is mentally tough, plays hard, and at least an average defender. He didn't play much his freshman year and then took a quantum leap forward last year for Belmont. Shooting never goes out of style in basketball. A lot of people don't realize how much talent there is out there beyond the power conferences. Belmont had a kid (from Indianapolis - Dylan Windler) also chosen in the first round of last year's NBA draft to go along with Morant from Murray State from the OVC. And the OVC isn't ranked among the top 20 conferences.

Yep, I forgot about Windler... another tough kid. I watched several of those Belmont Murray State OVC Championship games the last two years because I like seeing EVV on tv.

Yep, I forgot about Windler... another tough kid. I watched several of those Belmont Murray State OVC Championship games the last two years because I like seeing EVV on tv.

Those matchups are almost always fantastic games - two really solid mid major programs with good coaching. Vince Gill used to show up for a lot of the Belmont games back when Byrd was coaching. I've never really understood why they don't have a bigger fan base considering the quality of their program. Windler was a lot of fun to watch. Belmont always had a stretch forward that could knock down 3's as well as post up and Byrd was a master at forcing mismatches. Morant was just amazing - I told a buddy of mine at halftime of his first game in college that he sees the floor like a 5th year senior - that stood out even above his obvious athleticism.

Reactions: ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT