ADVERTISEMENT

According to Jeff Rabjohns we could get a 2019 guard

Why so sure about that? There wasn't a team playing worse basketball down the stretch than Penn State who were losers in 5 of their last 6.

BracketMatrix had IU as a 10 seed in 85 projected brackets. Teams behind IU were:

10 Texas Tech
11 Utah St (AQ-already won tournament)
11 Wichita State
11 ETSU (AQ-already won tournament)
11 Richmond
11 UCLA (play-in)
11 NC State (play-in)
12 Cincy
12 Yale (AQ-already in NCAAT)
12 Stephen F Austin (AQ)
12 Liberty (AQ)

Last 4 in were
Xavier
Texas
Stanford (lost opening round to Cal terrible loss)
Northern Iowa (lost in first round of conference tourney)

There would have had to been MASSIVE upsets for IU to not have made the tournament last year. Texas and Texas Tech was a likely a de-facto elimination game so that eliminates one bubble spot. Even if IU had loss to Penn State it still would have been a Q1 loss and nothing to significantly knock them out of the field.

There you go, stating facts and doing research. Interesting that it is crickets from those that say IU was on the bubble.

Here is a fact nobody made the tournament. Boom..
Run-on sentences are made by idiots...boom. You should spend your time moving beyond 4th grade skill level in English instead of making yourself look bad on a message board.

I heard we no longer have a single top 100 recruit in 2020 on the other site that everyone references as gospel. Can anyone confirm? That’s a travesty if true.

You heard incorrectly. Geronimo is #90 and Lander will be in the 20-30 range when he reclassifies later this month. That’s 2 if you’re counting at home.
I heard Geronimo dropped significantly and Lander is an if. He’s not in the 2020 rankings. Can things get any worse?

According to 247 we have the #32 class in the country and fifth best in the big ten wow.

That’s not factoring Lander who’s reclassifying later this month. Just admit you said something extremely stupid and got called out on it. Archie has landed 11 recruits since taking the IU job. 5 of the 11 have been top 100. That’s nothing remotely close to what you initially said.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

That was 6 weeks ago.

The people that run both this site and peegs both say they will be absolutely shocked if Lander doesn't reclassify.

He's on target and nothing has changed. There's literally nothing for him to do to do why not get all this extra work done academically?

It's almost like you don't want Lander here early and Indiana to succeed. Weird.

Reactions: MrBing
Hope it happens but right now don't see it getting done.

What do you mean lol? He’s got to finish an online economics class and he’s in. Unless he just forgets to take the class (what the hell else is he going to be doing during a global pandemic) or fails the class (he’s a 4.0 student) he’s reclassifying. The NCAA has already relaxed requirements making it easier to reclassify. Lander will be a Hoosier next year. Why are you so opposed to the obvious?

Hope it happens but right now don't see it getting done.
Getting this done, especially at a school with lowered admissions standards for athletes, as conference coaches verified in an anonymous survey a year or two ago, isn’t going to be the problem you believe it to be.

I heard we no longer have a single top 100 recruit in 2020 on the other site that everyone references as gospel. Can anyone confirm? That’s a travesty if true.
Who gives a **** about rankings? If they can play like hell, who cares? How about letting the guys develop and show their stuff before giving your snarky grades, douche bag. Man, your posts are so tiresome.

Reactions: Al Bino
Who gives a **** about rankings? If they can play like hell, who cares? How about letting the guys develop and show their stuff before giving your snarky grades, douche bag. Man, your posts are so tiresome.
I don’t create the rankings. They’re the only objective data we have to analyze recruits. And they’re very accurate on the whole. And yes, I know there are anomalies so no need for the “WELL WHAT ABOUT OLADIPO!” responses. There are always outliers but most recruits play to their ranking.

I don’t create the rankings. They’re the only objective data we have to analyze recruits. And they’re very accurate on the whole. And yes, I know there are anomalies so no need for the “WELL WHAT ABOUT OLADIPO!” responses. There are always outliers but most recruits play to their ranking.

I hope you are right, as EVERY player on IU's roster is in the top 140 in the nation. Plus, TJD, Lander and Hunter are all in the top 50. Archie is building the program the right way!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I hope you are right, as EVERY player on IU's roster is in the top 140 in the nation. Plus, TJD, Lander and Hunter are all in the top 50. Archie is building the program the right way!
Top 140? That’s like a kid saying I got good grades...they’re all a D or better. With 6 Ds, a couple Bs and an A. Anyone over 100 typically goes to the Rutgers, Northwestern, Minnesota type programs.

They do? Ignore......

Wisconsin says that for a very good reason, though.

That you don't need multiple top 50 recruits to win the B10? Yes I agree.

I'll take experience and acclimation to a system all day. Not only will IU have talent next year, they'll also have a ton of experience.

That you don't need multiple top 50 recruits to win the B10? Yes I agree.

I'll take experience and acclimation to a system all day. Not only will IU have talent next year, they'll also have a ton of experience.
You purposely omitted the key element, which is perfectly understandable.

You purposely omitted the key element, which is perfectly understandable.

What key element? Wisconsin won the B10 last year with a core of 6 juniors and 1 senior with only one player as a consensus top 100 recruit. Those guys all fit a system and had been playing together for multiple years. 6 of IU's top 8 rotation players will be upperclassmen and the two that aren't are top 30 recruits. What am I missing?

What key element? Wisconsin won the B10 last year with a core of 6 juniors and 1 senior with only one player as a consensus top 100 recruit. Those guys all fit a system and had been playing together for multiple years. 6 of IU's top 8 rotation players will be upperclassmen and the two that aren't are top 30 recruits. What am I missing?
If you really don’t know what you’re missing, then you’re even more over head than it seems.

Oh yeah I forgot Greg Gard was John Wooden...
Well, Greg Gard, who was preceded by Bo Ryan, who was preceded by Dick Bennett, created a culture that has led to a very solid program and consistent winning. It’s about culture, as anyone who actually ever played or coached in any sports knows. Not surprised this is all a mystery to those who have decided “okay” is good enough.

Well, Greg Gard, who was preceded by Bo Ryan, who was preceded by Dick Bennett, created a culture that has led to a very solid program and consistent winning. It’s about culture, as anyone who actually ever played or coached in any sports knows. Not surprised this is all a mystery to those who have decided “okay” is good enough.
To be fair, when’s the last time we were even “okay”? That’s been many moons ago.

To be fair, when’s the last time we were even “okay”? That’s been many moons ago.
I think most people viewed an impending invitation to the 2020 NCAA tournament as “okay” (my term). A few here considered it a program milestone and, from their perspective, I’m sure it was.

I heard Geronimo dropped significantly and Lander is an if. He’s not in the 2020 rankings. Can things get any worse?

You’re a Purdue troll, so why are you still here? Go worry about that shitty ass program.

I like Greg Gard. You can’t hate on Wisconsin. They play basketball the right way and they’re as clean as it gets.

I like Greg Gard. You can’t hate on Wisconsin. They play basketball the right way and they’re as clean as it gets.
And at a higher rung on the academic ladder, too. It can be done successfully if the commitment exists.

I'm sure the best player on the undefeated #1 Class 4A team (and Mr. Basketball) is WAYYYY behind those guys ranked in the top 100 ahead of him. No chance he turns out to be a B10 level player, right? JR Holmes is notorious for producing horrible players. That's why he is in the HoF, right? Seriously, any IU fan disappointed with this recruiting class doesn't like the type of players Villanova and Virginia built programs around. The ONLY downsides to the class are missing a lock down shooter or a true big. There were very few D1 ready shooters, and I'm glad nobody was a reach.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT