ADVERTISEMENT

About what I expected

PU season is over. PU won their Super Bowl at home against IU

Start up the tractor, PU is now ready for Spring.

Re: PU season is over. PU won their Super Bowl at home against IU

As much as I hate them, I can see them winning 5 more B1G games. They are a lot like IU in that anything can happen their last 10 games.

I did not expect a reincarnation

of the Syracuse game, where we continue to drive the ball into tall shot blockers rather than play to our strengths.

People keep posting that. Do they hope it makes it true?

PU has 3 losses in the conference. 6 teams currently have 3 losses and only 2 teams have fewer.

I haven't looked at their schedule to see how easy or difficult it has been and what remains, but they whipped IU last night and as poor of defense IU has played in the last 3 games I dont see how anyone could assume PU is going to be a lot worse than IU.

IU has better wins in the nonconference schedule, but it wouldnt be a shock to me if PU has a better conference record at the end of the season.

This post was edited on 1/29 6:28 PM by IU Meathead

They look like a decent team to me. doesn't mean you have to like them but they are right in the tier of teams after Wisconsin and Maryland just like IU is. I'm not sure that Maryland is that clear of a number 2 either but the TV experts all pump them up as a threat to Wisconsin.

Purdue is starting to play well and iu has fallen back to the middle of the pack. Upsetting but predictable.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

OMG!!!

purdue is an average team at best. Their overall record shows that, their RPI, sagarin and their own grad KenPom shows that.

Lets don't excited about a purdue team that puts up 83 points against no defense. Tune into their NW game and get back to us on the forum with what you find.

it must. I think it's akin to the persecution complex Boilers have by the

refs. From the way they sound sometimes, every ref has an innate hatred of PU, and of course they get paid to illustrate it when they come to the "Hall of Calls". BTW, who shot more FTs and was whistled for more fouls last night? PU couldn't have had an edge there, what with all the ticky tacky perimeter fouls they call now, right?

haven't counted, but suspect that 75% of all fouls were

called on the dribble last night. I would like to see it tonight again and count them, but I think the 75% would hold for first half anyway. I'm not sure ticky tack fouls were called inside. I don't even care to count fouls on the floor for the big guys as dribble fouls as I know that would add to the total. Refs do not hate teams...they have a perspective on what they hopefully see and interpret it as such. That doesn't change reality and how the game called today is different than just a few short years ago. It is what it is...

I expect IU to play a whole lot better in three weeks...

Agreed.

I think the final big14 standings head into the tourney will be:

1. Wisc
2. Mary land
3. Ohio state
4. Mich St.
5. Purdue
6. Iowa
7. Illinois
8. Indiana
9. Michigan
10. Minny
11. Nebraska
12. Rutgers
13. Northwestern
14. Ped st

Re: People keep posting that. Do they hope it makes it true?

Unless we continue to unravel, no way PU ends up with a better conference record. Yes, we currently both have 3 losses, but they have played 5 home games and 3 road, where we have played 5 road games and 3 home, big difference. PU has to go to Minny, IU ,OSU and MSU along with NW and Rutgers, I believe. We have to visit UW and Maryland , which are highly unlikely wins, but our other 2 road games are NW and Rutgers , where wins are possible.. As long as we continue to play well at home , we should finish above the Boilers.

Re: OMG!!!

I know what they are and I'm not excited about them at all but the Conference is down at the top. IMO, the teams after Wisconsin are fairly close and anything could happen. Maryland is now falling back to this tier with another loss and Wisconsin is separating. Purdue is decent enough to make a solid showing and finish in the B1G standings, IMO. That can be said for a lot of the teams. Could be that they are actually improving as the season moves onward. If making predictions I tend to agree with you but I don't think you write them off in this conference.

today ... 9 team with 3 to 5 losses

I agree about the conference being down. I wrote on my blog today there are 9 battling for places 2 thru 10 in the conference. Lose a game you shouldn't and it could be disaster. I think PSU and Minnesota are better than their records and if they start to close out games they are ahead, the both could cause some damage in the last ten conference games.

I may have misunderstood your purdue comment ... I thought you were saying they were a 2-4 team in the conference standings in the end. I see where they could win 10 games in the B1G but I don't think that places them in the upper tier of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT