ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers just eviscerated the entire Packers organization in his press conference.

plaxico80

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2002
Literally took a dump on the entire organization in front of the entire country.

....and it was amazing!!!

No way he's back in Green Bay in 2022. If they could trade Rodgers today, Green Baby probably would.

Dude is a great talent, but I've rarely seen a more miserable, self centered and entitled prick. His own family can't stand him.

Reactions: sluggo69
Dude is a great talent, but I've rarely seen a more miserable, self centered and entitled prick. His own family can't stand him.
Never really heard him interviewed much, he just always seems pretty serious and dry. I've heard of rifts with his family, but I've also heard that there's bad blood over money and biz opps, at least with his parental family. Think he's divorced but don't know if you're talking about with ex-wife and kids. Doesn't seem very likable to me, but also just doesn't seem to like the spotlight.

Last edited:
Liked the message, but not a fan of the messenger.

With that said, he made a lot of good points about the decisions being made with personnel. Paraphrasing - "Woodson would have have taken a pay cut to come back, but they didn't want him back. He ended up going to Oakland and making a pro bowl." Ouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: All4You
E0aXVRaVUAA9Gds.jpg

Never really heard him interviewed much, he just always seems pretty serious and dry. I've heard of rifts with his family, but I've also heard that there's bad blood over money and biz opps, at least with his parental family. Think he's divorced but don't know if you're talking about with ex-wife and kids. Doesn't seem very likable to me, but also just doesn't seem to like the spotlight.
I've met him once and have talked to multiple people that have had interactions with him. He's not only a world class QB, but a world class Douche Bag too. He's over the top self centered and without a doubt, the most arrogant "celebrity" that I've had the chance to meet. Trust me, he is NOT a good person.

Reactions: kkott
Liked the message, but not a fan of the messenger.

With that said, he made a lot of good points about the decisions being made with personnel. Paraphrasing - "Woodson would have have taken a pay cut to come back, but they didn't want him back. He ended up going to Oakland and making a pro bowl." Ouch.
Yeah, not a big deal. He's an experienced, proven star quaterback and he wants input in to how the organization operates and who he plays with. Newsflash: sun rises in the morning. Not exactly the first time that's happened.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I don't follow. He basically rattled off a list of great players the Packers didn't offer a contract to, or they offered them some lowball sum that was embarrassing. I didn't see any self centeredness at all from Rodgers..

The Packers basically tried to make Rodgers shut up about the concerns he had with the team's personnel decisions and he told them basically to shove the cash. That doesn't reek of being self centered to me.

His teammates love Rodgers. He supposedly constantly goes to bat for them. The only part of what he said that is 100% true but probably didn't come off well was when he said Green Bay isn't a free agent destination spot (it isn't) and free agents that do come to Green Bay want to play with Rodgers (they do) and they want to win championships.

When you have a generational talent like Rodgers who plays the most important position on the field, there really isn't anything wrong with listening to his concerns or suggestions on player additions/subtractions. I don't think Rodgers expects the Packers to make every move he wants happen, but the dude wants to be heard.

personally, i think GB should let him go today rather than going through the season with him with that dark cloud hanging over everything.

then they need to clean house on the front office, and finish the job.

once Rogers publicly no longer wanted to be there, who goes, Rogers or the front office, was a false choice.

they both need gone asap, as once a rebuild is the best option, best to start rebuilding asap as opposed to delaying it a yr.

plus cutting bait with Rogers now, they get something in return.

Literally took a dump on the entire organization in front of the entire country.

....and it was amazing!!!

No way he's back in Green Bay in 2022. If they could trade Rodgers today, Green Baby probably would.

I thought Rodgers had some valid points and clearly did not feel his voice was being heard so used the media to make it clear. That said, his pompous attitude was on display again (players come here to play with me) and though there is a lot of truth in what he says ... his style/demeanor is hard to take.

Green Bay will move on ... it's going to hurt either way now ... and it will likely cost them a few years at this point ... but they will move on.

Reactions: kkott
I don't follow. He basically rattled off a list of great players the Packers didn't offer a contract to, or they offered them some lowball sum that was embarrassing. I didn't see any self centeredness at all from Rodgers..

The Packers basically tried to make Rodgers shut up about the concerns he had with the team's personnel decisions and he told them basically to shove the cash. That doesn't reek of being self centered to me.

His teammates love Rodgers. He supposedly constantly goes to bat for them. The only part of what he said that is 100% true but probably didn't come off well was when he said Green Bay isn't a free agent destination spot (it isn't) and free agents that do come to Green Bay want to play with Rodgers (they do) and they want to win championships.

When you have a generational talent like Rodgers who plays the most important position on the field, there really isn't anything wrong with listening to his concerns or suggestions on player additions/subtractions. I don't think Rodgers expects the Packers to make every move he wants happen, but the dude wants to be heard.
Well, both can be true. He can be a great player, talent and teammate and still be a douche at home or in the public. But, I agree, I didn't think anything I heard was off-base or wrong.... he didn't imply, he listed a ton of names specifically that in retrospect seems to have hurt them losing.

Green Bay was a dumpster before Farve and Rodgers. They’ve covered up the crap for years. It will soon be another dumpster fire.
From the early 70’s to the early 90’s I think they won 1, maybe 2 division titles. They were awful.

ADVERTISEMENT