ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Henry commits to MSU...

You could remind them of the 2009 thru 2013 classes where 11 of the 17 recruits transferred or kicked off...

09 - Marcius, Bade, Barlow
10 - A Johnson
11 - Lawson, Hale
12 - R Johnson, Simpson (medical I believe)
13 - Smootherman, Scott, Stephens

Purdue is as guilty as anyone in the transfer department.

Wouldn't include Marcius as we wanted him back but he graduated and left as a 5th year transfer. Simpson had to retire due to being diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as him continuing to play could've killed him. Barlow has the talent but was an idiot. All the others? Yep I'd say that's fair game to judge Purdue on.

That 2011 class was horrible. The 2013 one was solid on paper but clearly didn't work out.

Wouldn't include Marcius as we wanted him back but he graduated and left as a 5th year transfer. Simpson had to retire due to being diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as him continuing to play could've killed him. Barlow has the talent but was an idiot. All the others? Yep I'd say that's fair game to judge Purdue on.

I knew Marcius was borderline and did not recall if he recieved his degree before going to DePaul. I know PU needed him that year he left. Simpson, despite his medical issues, I never thought he'd make it any way. I watched him and I asked my PU friends why MP even offered him. I could have been wrong but I was not impressed at all.

I knew Marcius was borderline and did not recall if he recieved his degree before going to DePaul. I know PU needed him that year he left. Simpson, despite his medical issues, I never thought he'd make it any way. I watched him and I asked my PU friends why MP even offered him. I could have been wrong but I was not impressed at all.

Simpson had the talent but his asthma/conditioning was an issue (makes sense now with his heart condition). He was quite skilled for a big guy but we never got to see what he was fully capable of.

Simpson had the talent but his asthma/conditioning was an issue (makes sense now with his heart condition). He was quite skilled for a big guy but we never got to see what he was fully capable of.

Yeah when I watched, he really struggled running the floor late. Probably health related. Did not know that at the time.

Yeah when I watched, he really struggled running the floor late. Probably health related. Did not know that at the time.

None of us knew the true extent. Some people claimed he was lazy and such which hopefully they realized that it wasn't that at all. I always felt bad for him after he was told he couldn't play anymore.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Exactly. If you're going to reference transfers, let's not use the first year or two. Using the first few years is silly. Total valid for the 2009-2013 classes for Painter though.[/QU
Heck yes, use the first few years, as Choptalk whined repeatedly "as a parent" over GG leaving IU in Archie's first year. It's obvious that Painter has had more than his fair share of transfers at the beginning of his regime and it continued after that. NINE players left his first 2 years, and then ELEVEN players left in a consecutive 5 year recruiting period from '09-'13. As a parent, is Choptalk horrified over the 20 players who "elected" to transfer from pu after their postseason meeting with Painter? He sure was upset when GG transferred, as a "parent".

Last edited:
I guess I can't tell the difference in PU fans because there was one that criticized Archie.

Yep I have no problem with what Archie did. If you're a brand new coach at a school, it's fair game to shape your roster how you see fit.

Where did I say it was wrong?
This is all on Choptalk. The Chopster made multiple posts in multiple threads trying to make an issue with Archie over GG transferring from IU to get more playing time with the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I pointed out the number of transfers when Painter took over. NewPal said, and I am paraphrasing, "no way there were those transfers". I showed the NINE that left the first 2 years of Painter. Hoogolf then astutely pointed out that Painter just may be a "serial transfer" coach, as ELEVEN more players left in a successive 5 year period from '09-'13.

Boiler1987, you just came in on the tail end of this, and really had nothing to do with it. I'm annoyed with certain posters from pu trying to spin negatives on our new coach. They have every right to post here, but how about allowing IU posters on your board. Many of us are banned, for little or no reason.

Reactions: IUgradman
Why are you here?
Hey - I live in Indiana, and I like basketball, which means I have just as much of a connection to Indiana basketball as half the posters on this board. Plus, someone has to be a resource for the low-information voters.

This is all on Choptalk. The Chopster made multiple posts in multiple threads trying to make an issue with Archie over GG transferring from IU to get more playing time with the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I pointed out the number of transfers when Painter took over. NewPal said, and I am paraphrasing, "no way there were those transfers". I showed the NINE that left the first 2 years of Painter. Hoogolf then astutely pointed out that Painter just may be a "serial transfer" coach, as ELEVEN more players left in a successive 5 year period from '09-'13.

Boiler1987, you just came in on the tail end of this, and really had nothing to do with it. I'm annoyed with certain posters from pu trying to spin negatives on our new coach. They have every right to post here, but how about allowing IU posters on your board. Many of us are banned, for little or no reason.
Provide proof Painter ran off any of those kids. Thanks in advance!

Difference is, Purdue didn't make up a B.S Athletes Bill of Rights, which apparently includes the right to have Archie lean on your old AAU coach to text your mom on Mother's Day, wondering why you haven't transferred yet.

I have as much right to be here as you. I said that if you were Gelon's parents you wouldn't be too happy about it. I still feel that way. I don't know what a Broilee is and I don't know who Porkchop is. You think it's ok to address people in that manner and I find it disrespectful. I never said Miller did anything wrong. I said that I didn't agree with the way it was handled after being told that he was his boy. This is a forum for opinions. I gave mine. Let it go already. If you come over to GBI I will be a whole lot more respectful to you and Coach Miller than you are to me and the Purdue people.
He is super into nicknames. I should clarify: he thinks the nicknames that he came up with are the funniest things in the history of comedy.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Difference is, Purdue didn't make up a B.S Athletes Bill of Rights, which apparently includes the right to have Archie lean on your old AAU coach to text your mom on Mother's Day, wondering why you haven't transferred yet.
I think he's being obnoxious too, but GG had his full scholarship guaranteed for the next three years, even if he wasn't on the team. That's not BS, he turned down a full ride.

Reactions: Hoogolf
FYI, previous conversations relating to your question:
Gelon Matter
  1. jimmygoiu wrote to Choptalk :
  2. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You brought up the GG thing, which to me is not even an issue, on three different threads multiple times. As you are Broilee fan, that is trolling to me. You just don't let it die, and you are being silly. Now, I promise you if I were GG's dad, he would still be at IU, as a free ride student, rather than be at State Fair playing for the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I would have told him the truth, as Archie did. GG is a D3 player, and IU offered him a chance to go to school for free, thanks to Tom Crean's hyper offers. \

Are you going to ever address PorkChop's running off of 6 players when he took over for Keady? Painter was on the staff when all of these players committed to PUke.
  3. New Pal Boiler wrote:
    Please list all 6 of these players. (Spoiler alert: you can't, because there weren't 6)

84 New Pal Boiler, Aug 31, 2017
    Like + Quote Reply

4. jimmygoiu All-American

New Pal Boiler said:
    Please list all 6 of these players. (Spoiler alert: you can't, because there weren't 6)

5. Ok, from memory so there could be more, in Pork Chops first 3 seasons:
    Ije Nwanko
    Adam Liddell
    Xavier Price
    Marcus White(removed from team due to "career ending injury" per CMP, but immediately turned pro and played in Lebanon and Irag in that current bball season and next 3 seasons).
    Korey Spates
    Nate Minnoy
    Dan Vandervieren
    John Uchendu
    Chris Lutz

My apologies, it was at least nine, not six. NewPally, my original post to Choppy stated that PorkChop ran off at least 6 in his first few seasons as Broilee coach. The proof is right here. Choppy was all upset and had the vapors over GG's transfer, if you had not read his multiple posts in multiple threads.

footnote, Terrance Crump (05-06 recruit) ran over a Broilee student while drunk, but remained on team.
  6. I should have written that all these players committed to or played at Purdue when PorkChop was coaching, either as assoc. head coach, or after he became head coach. Porky became head coach the day after Keady's last game. I believe ALL of these transfers occurred after PorkChop became head coach. nine

Archie has had one player transfer since he became head coach. Painter had NINE after two years as head coach, including several before he coached his first game. Porky had "the meeting" with these kids , and they left shortly afterwards. It happens, and maybe Archie will have 8 more kids transfer the next two seasons. I doubt it though.

We'll see how Archie and Matt compare at the end of Archie's second season. This whole issue is because Choppy and other PUke fans attempt to demean or cast a shadow on our new coach because GG transferred. It's not an issue, and certainly none of your concern, as PUke fans. Kids transfer, and coaches are involved in the transfer. But, NINE transfers is a lot!

7. TheSettlers.jpg
© Yahoo! Inc.
FYI, previous conversations relating to your question:
Gelon Matter
  1. jimmygoiu wrote to Choptalk :
  2. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You brought up the GG thing, which to me is not even an issue, on three different threads multiple times. As you are Broilee fan, that is trolling to me. You just don't let it die, and you are being silly. Now, I promise you if I were GG's dad, he would still be at IU, as a free ride student, rather than be at State Fair playing for the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I would have told him the truth, as Archie did. GG is a D3 player, and IU offered him a chance to go to school for free, thanks to Tom Crean's hyper offers. \

Are you going to ever address PorkChop's running off of 6 players when he took over for Keady? Painter was on the staff when all of these players committed to PUke.
  3. New Pal Boiler wrote:

84 New Pal Boiler, Aug 31, 2017
    Like + Quote Reply

4. jimmygoiu All-American

New Pal Boiler said:

5. Ok, from memory so there could be more, in Pork Chops first 3 seasons:
    Ije Nwanko
    Adam Liddell
    Xavier Price
    Marcus White(removed from team due to "career ending injury" per CMP, but immediately turned pro and played in Lebanon and Irag in that current bball season and next 3 seasons).
    Korey Spates
    Nate Minnoy
    Dan Vandervieren
    John Uchendu
    Chris Lutz

My apologies, it was at least nine, not six. NewPally, my original post to Choppy stated that PorkChop ran off at least 6 in his first few seasons as Broilee coach. The proof is right here. Choppy was all upset and had the vapors over GG's transfer, if you had not read his multiple posts in multiple threads.

footnote, Terrance Crump (05-06 recruit) ran over a Broilee student while drunk, but remained on team.
  6. I should have written that all these players committed to or played at Purdue when PorkChop was coaching, either as assoc. head coach, or after he became head coach. Porky became head coach the day after Keady's last game. I believe ALL of these transfers occurred after PorkChop became head coach. nine

Archie has had one player transfer since he became head coach. Painter had NINE after two years as head coach, including several before he coached his first game. Porky had "the meeting" with these kids , and they left shortly afterwards. It happens, and maybe Archie will have 8 more kids transfer the next two seasons. I doubt it though.

We'll see how Archie and Matt compare at the end of Archie's second season. This whole issue is because Choppy and other PUke fans attempt to demean or cast a shadow on our new coach because GG transferred. It's not an issue, and certainly none of your concern, as PUke fans. Kids transfer, and coaches are involved in the transfer. But, NINE transfers is a lot!

7. TheSettlers.jpg
© Yahoo! Inc.
Who is Choppy? If referring to me disrespectfully as usual, you're the one dwelling on Gelon. I disagreed with that decision. That is all. Let it go already.
In addressing Scott, I like to see the pulse of what is going on with a rival program. What is wrong with that?
I sometimes disagree with what is going on. I disagree with some things that go on with the Purdue program as well. Just trying to stay informed about both programs.

Hey - I live in Indiana, and I like basketball, which means I have just as much of a connection to Indiana basketball as half the posters on this board. Plus, someone has to be a resource for the low-information voters.
You didn't go to school at IU. You don't root for IU basketball. You're an obsessed little brother who constantly checks in on big brother. We get it though, you want to be us. I mean, you guys DO chant "IU Sucks" at every home game no matter who the opponent. PATHETIC. Lulz.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
You didn't go to school at IU. You don't root for IU basketball. You're an obsessed little brother who constantly checks in on big brother. We get it though, you want to be us. I mean, you guys DO chant "IU Sucks" at every home game no matter who the opponent. PATHETIC. Lulz.
Lulz? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

You could remind them of the 2009 thru 2013 classes where 11 of the 17 recruits transferred or kicked off...

09 - Marcius, Bade, Barlow
10 - A Johnson
11 - Lawson, Hale
12 - R Johnson, Simpson (medical I believe)
13 - Smootherman, Scott, Stephens

Purdue is as guilty as anyone in the transfer department.
I'm not a Purdue fan my any means but being from New Albany I can tell you Hale was a head case and transferred to Bellermine. Couldn't even make it there.

I know he had a young child at the time. Do you think that played a big role too?
he was very immature and wasted an opportunity that most people will never get. Not a bad kid just foolish and made poor decisions. More interested in getting tats instead of working on his game.

he was very immature and wasted an opportunity that most people will never get. Not a bad kid just foolish and made poor decisions. More interested in getting tats instead of working on his game.

Yep that makes sense. He was originally supposed to be in the 2010 class but went to prep school for a year when Jajuan decided to come back for his senior year. Do you think he had the talent to be a legit B1G player?

Yep that makes sense. He was originally supposed to be in the 2010 class but went to prep school for a year when Jajuan decided to come back for his senior year. Do you think he had the talent to be a legit B1G player?
NO, good high school player and had the talent to play for a D2 or 3 school. But he proved to be too immature to stay at one of the better schools in Bellermine.

NO, good high school player and had the talent to play for a D2 or 3 school. But he proved to be too immature to stay at one of the better schools in Bellermine.
Looked the part, athletic enough, but pretty much no actual basketball skill, and didn't play hard to make up for it. Curious offer by CMP.

No relation. The former QB was shot and killed in July. Very sad story.

Oh no. Sorry to hear that.

I remember he had some psychological problems that made the news soon after his playing days were over. I had wondered what became of him. He was a dynamic player -- if I'm not mistaken, his time at Purdue coincided with the A-Train's. Purdue didn't have very good teams in those days, but those two were fun to watch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT